Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s the night before the biggest fight of your career and you spend it gambling instead of resting? Pac isn’t some ordinary boxcar joe opponent. Smh Thurman.

Isn't taking off your mouth guard considered an automatic KO? E.g. when Thurman took of his mouth guard after the body punch on the 10th round.

Isn't taking off your mouth guard considered an automatic KO? E.g. when Thurman took of his mouth guard after the body punch on the 10th round.
Usually when a boxer repeatedly spits out his mouthpiece, the ref issues a warning that he will deduct a point if it happens again.

If I'm Manny, I'm taking that Khan deal for the $$$ alone, then awaiting winner of Spence / Porter (Although I def have Spence in that fight)

I keep seeing Dan Rafael and other boxing pundits suggest the next fight for manny be DSG, then winner of the Spence/Porter.

If I'm Manny I take that crazy overseas bag and wait. He should dispatch Khan pretty ******* easily in my eyes.

Danny doesn't even throw his hands enough for me to even make that fight even worth entertaining. Manny would put on a boxing clinic, for less bread.

Khan & Swift if I was Manny's advisor... easy $40-50 million payday. Swift is too flat footed, Manny would be too awkward for him.

i want bud to fight pac... but i assume theres still bad blood with arum and pac so that fight wouldnt happen

Khan & Swift if I was Manny's advisor... easy $40-50 million payday. Swift is too flat footed, Manny would be too awkward for him.

Agreed. Manny would come flying in with his 7-8 punch combos then pop right back out. repeatedly.

Danny too flat footed / looking for that counter, pac won't even be there for him to hit in my eyes.

Thurman was trying to burn off all that nervous energy
And then he gets dropped in the first round
Dude let a flash knock down spook him for 8rds
He finally started fighting in the 10th but still didn't have the confidence to let his hands go

Welp my bet idea was way off.

Hats off to the legend in Pac proving he still got it. Thurman blew a golden opportunity.

We still giving Porter top welterweight status? I dont see how with his new boxer mentalty

Bra if Floyd start talking that ish i dont care that fight is huge escpecially after knocking off Thurman. Manny somehow back in the spotlight and the biggest draw in the division (not the best)

And Al Haymon sitting here holding all the cards with Floyd as a potential trump card its crazy

It’s also Important for Manny to stay active too tho at 41 he can’t just sit and wait for Floyd to figure things out.
Manny hasn't fought 3 fights in one year since '08. He's already fought 2x in 2019. Asking him to fight again this year is a little much at his age. Plus he's booked with Senate duties for the rest of the year so he can't fight this year even if he wanted to

Manny hasn't fought 3 fights in one year since '08. He's already fought 2x in 2019. Asking him to fight again this year is a little much at his age. Plus he's booked with Senate duties for the rest of the year so he can't fight this year even if he wanted to
I more so meant Jan or Feb 2020 he should fight Khan or DSG... then cash out in the Summer with Floyd

https://www.boxingscene.com/reporter-tried-get-both-pulev-arum-sanctioned--141139

Reporter Tried To Get Both Pulev and Arum Sanctioned

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, the California State Athletic Commission lifted the suspension of heavyweight contender Kubrat Pulev, who kissed a reporter without her consent during a post-fight interview after he completed a sexual harassment course and paid a $2,500 fine.

The CSAC voted unanimously to allow Pulev to reapply for his license with the caveat that future offenses would result in a lifetime ban from fighting in North America.

Pulev was suspended in March after he grabbed Jenny Ravalo’s head in his hands and planted a kiss on her lips following his knockout of Bogdan Dinu.

He apologized to Ravalo before the commission voted. He said it was not sexual but an emotional reaction to his victory.

Ravalo said that’s not OK. She said she has been bullied online by thousands for speaking up and claims to have been slandered by Pulev’s promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank.

“Mr. Arum cares little about sexual harassment at all,” Ravalo told the commission before the vote, noting that he recently said he did not believe “that a 6-foot-4, 250-pound boxer grabbing the face of a 5-foot-2 reporter and forcibly kissing her with his bloody mouth was sexual harassment. I would like to see if he would think differently if a large, bloody man did the same to him without his consent.”

Ravalo, through her lawyer, Gloria Allred, asked the commission to sanction both Pulev and Arum.

In response, the commission said Arum also participated in a sexual harassment remediation class with Pulev and appeared to have learned something.

Pulev agreed to participate in a video campaign about sexual harassment that the commission is considering doing. He said it would be important for people to know that such behavior is not correct “because a lot of people like me don’t know.”

That's really sad. He had to have the right side of his skull removed to relieve the swelling. If I had a kid I would never let him box man.

Just debuted as a pro 3 years ago, only 14 fights, 85% of them KO's with minimal damage taken and this is the end result of his first and now only ever loss. He actually won a couple of the early rounds but was clearly losing the fight by the time the towel was thrown.

Back
Top Bottom