OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
upload_2018-6-29_22-49-44.jpeg

Aightnevermind

JT been hanging out will Phil Jackson too much :lol: Gonna be running the Triangle at USC before you know it.

TE Ethan Rae and Kyle Ford were driving over to UCLA campus for a scheduled visit when he got an alert on Twitter that TE Michael Martinez committed to the Bruins that day. Chip had been telling Rae that UCLA was only taking one TE in the class and that he was their guy. Rae and Ford never made the visit and Rae is dropping UCLA.

From Biggins: “They landed a commitment from Michael Martinez the day he was going to visit and they're only taking one TE in this class. Rough timing for the kid. Despite being a legacy I didn't get the sense he and UCLA were on the same page, they were late recruiting him and he was more involved with other schools.”

Martinez is being projected by some as an OL in college so UCLA may ultimately not get a TE in this class.

Herron to Stanford...hmmm I guess this class won't be that bad

West coast cats..how good is Austin Jones, the rb from bishop o dowd? He's a high 4 star but not a good offer list.

Herron to Stanford...hmmm I guess this class won't be that bad

West coast cats..how good is Austin Jones, the rb from bishop o dowd? He's a high 4 star but not a good offer list.

He got in?

Not surprised given that Webb made a crystal ball recently for a 3* WDE out of NJ, and Michigan was done at DE unless an elite guy wanted to commit.

Tom Herman wut

Some context

It is intended to say "Given your success rates, big plays, field position components, turnovers, etc., you could have expected to win this game X% of the time." It has nothing to do with pre-game projections or opponent adjustments.

This is only one aspect of good coaching. Creating a good team and winning easy games is a larger aspect.

Alabama’s Nick Saban is the greatest coach of his generation but is only plus-0.3 wins per year here, the same as Charlotte’s Brad Lambert. Meanwhile, Matt Rhule briefly turned Temple into an AAC powerhouse but is an extreme underachiever here (minus-1.12 wins per year).

Still, I love this list because of how it seems to home in on what we consider good coaching.

The common college football fan or writer would quickly tell you how good a coach Bill Snyder is, for instance, and this illustrates how. He doesn’t sign top-10 classes, and he hasn’t contended for a national title in a while, but Snyder, Niumatalolo, Fitzgerald, and others have consistently milked the most possible gain out of their win opportunities.

It's essentially a ranking of the best coaches in CFB who are able to win games that on paper they shouldn't

TE Ethan Rae and Kyle Ford were driving over to UCLA campus for a scheduled visit when he got an alert on Twitter that TE Michael Martinez committed to the Bruins that day. Chip had been telling Rae that UCLA was only taking one TE in the class and that he was their guy. Rae and Ford never made the visit and Rae is dropping UCLA.

From Biggins: “They landed a commitment from Michael Martinez the day he was going to visit and they're only taking one TE in this class. Rough timing for the kid. Despite being a legacy I didn't get the sense he and UCLA were on the same page, they were late recruiting him and he was more involved with other schools.”

Martinez is being projected by some as an OL in college so UCLA may ultimately not get a TE in this class.

TE depth is not even a issue right now

FWIW Shea either from a recruiting or a returning production standpoint is not factored in the projection.

He got in?

Not surprised given that Webb made a crystal ball recently for a 3* WDE out of NJ, and Michigan was done at DE unless an elite guy wanted to commit.

Not sure if he’s Stanford for sure but def still in the running.. he’s having a helluva summer circuit and we need difference makers on the defensive line so he’s my top guy in the class after Jones

Pakola+Herron+Sinclair is a nice group to have in a class

Back
Top Bottom