OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahhh, so he’s Bama’s to lose then. Got it.

Just was curious if I need to pay any attention to his recruitment at all and I now know that I don’t

Ahhh, so he’s Bama’s to lose then. Got it.

Just was curious if I need to pay any attention to his recruitment at all and I now know that I don’t

The only So Cal kid you need to pay attention to is Kayvon. USC isn't recruiting him as hard as he'd like (they're also obsessed with Laiatu Latu at the same position) and he's starting to turn to FSU and a couple SEC schools. The Thib recruitment is going to come down to whether the two parties - him and SC - decide the optics would be best for both if he goes there. Big recruiting win as they kept the #1 recruit home and won a recruiting battle over the big bad south east and big for his branding as the big time local kid who is playing at the big local school.

There's a quote that people are clowning on the boards bc Latu said Helton told him he has "a deep dark love for his game." :lol:

:frown:

:pimp::pimp::pimp:

Fist time Webber's been on campus since 94.

nako xl nako xl has Reggie been back since the scandal?

It's undoubtedly because Jim's behind it, but I'm glad the response has been mostly positive. It's a shame dude hasn't been on campus in over 20 years.

Last edited:
Bobby Layne Bobby Layne no not on campus. He was with the team at the 2015 Pac12CCG though.

There’s a big movement to get him back in the fold but there are still those demanding he apologize first, and I believe the NCAA punishment was a lifetime disassociation/ban. So they’d also have to deal with that.

What precisely is Reggie supposed to apologize for?

Exactly.

(The right wing fascist side of the fan base thinks Reggie should have confessed to impropriety, whether or not there was any, thrown himself at the mercy of the NCAA to spare SC of any sanctions, and pleaded for forgiveness from the school and fan base for dirtying their name. They feel he hasn’t shown enough contrition and therefore he should be excluded until he publicly apologizes. This half of the fan base tends to be much older and ... less likely to relate to Reggie’s upbringing.)

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne no not on campus. He was with the team at the 2015 Pac12CCG though.

There’s a big movement to get him back in the fold but there are still those demanding he apologize first, and I believe the NCAA punishment was a lifetime disassociation/ban. So they’d also have to deal with that.

:lol:, this is exactly what that segment of Michigan fans wanted out of Webber all those years. It's also snowballed into blaming him for the status of the program pre-Beilein, without laying any blame at the admin for hiring Ellerbe and Amaker, neglecting the facilities, and letting Bo step in and nix Pitino from coming here after he got fired from Boston ( I don't think dude would have operated as flagrantly here as he did at Louisville).

Jim's the only one who could have stepped in and got this done, and I'm glad he did.

Serious question: who could he be talking about?

Even if you give him credit for Braxton and Tressell and the post Meyer UF kids.

Kids he’s worked with at summer camps?

Serious question: who could he be talking about?

Even if you give him credit for Braxton and Tressell and the post Meyer UF kids.

Kids he’s worked with at summer camps?

Maybe he means just drafted and recruited by Meyer? Which would include guys like Omar Jacobs (BGSU), and Cam. Josh Portis didn't get drafted but he had a cup of coffee in the league, which this kid could be including as well.

Back
Top Bottom