OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol his social media tells y’all he was at Coachella all weekend

UCLA practice was at 10am. He was there with other Mater Dei players and only stayed briefly. Coachella doesn’t open until 11am each day. For what it’s worth, you know he could have easily been both places :lol:

^ the tweet he was replying to got deleted

Either way hilarious whether it’s true or not. Even funnier that the Bruins board nonsensically really wants it to be true for some reason.

Last edited:
What school would be a good fit for him? Texas is crowded now (with trash) and there’s no guarantee he would win out at any of the other top 10 schools.

Big Schools? I'd say Florida or Kansas State. Anyone who uses the QB as not just a run threat but a key cog to the offense where the QB will likely get 10-15 called carries a game and are willing to deal with the passing deficiencies that come w/ a player like that.

Honestly the best fit is in Willie Fritz's offense but there's no way in hell he's going to Tulane :lol:

There's a number of FSU fans beating their chest about the current recruiting class, but I don't think it is (currently) as good as some are making it out to be, regardless of the rankings from the sites

Saban is going alternate between the two until November so Hurts can't transfer :lol:

Nebraska would be his best fit from and scheme and depth perspective.

I think we saw what Frost's vision is for his offense last year, and Hurts dirts way too many balls for that kind of offense IMO. Hurts is more of a power runner/masher than a quick or darting type QB that I think (imo) Maximizes that O

There's a number of FSU fans beating their chest about the current recruiting class, but I don't think it is (currently) as good as some are making it out to be, regardless of the rankings from the sites

lol. It's April. They need to chill, especially when UGA, tOSU, and Alabama come rocketing up the charts. And as you mentioned, it's being overhyped. Even as of about a week ago, Ole Miss was in the #1 spot, but of course it's because they had like 15 takes already. That said, it's nice to see the buzz/excitement around the program though.

In your opinions, what style of recruiting is more successful and which do you prefer:

The south/southeastern style of locking up your recruiting class with 20+ commits by Septemeber, or the (USC for example) way of slow playing every single recruit until within a few weeks of signing day and then getting 20 commits at the last minute.

1. Second style lets you wait and see how seasons play out and allows you to flip some kids, especially late bloomers, and get that PR boost
2. but it also costs you the kids who want to commit early and feel undervalued by you while every other school is giving them the He Got Game treatment.

I agree with you. :lol: Newberg basically guaranteeing a Top 5 class right now, and CB'ing guys like Kayvon is definitely driving clicks, though. You're definitely going to land your share of guys, but hyping up the Renardo Green and Goolsby commits like he's setting the trail on fire right now is funny. Neal was basically a done deal as soon as Telly got on staff. Good to see all of the Big 3 recruiting on a higher level though. Think UF may end up with the best class in the state, honestly (but it's very early).

In your opinions, what style of recruiting is more successful and which do you prefer:

The south/southeastern style of locking up your recruiting class with 20+ commits by Septemeber, or the (USC for example) way of slow playing every single recruit until within a few weeks of signing day and then getting 20 commits at the last minute.

1. Second style lets you wait and see how seasons play out and allows you to flip some kids, especially late bloomers, and get that PR boost
2. but it also costs you the kids who want to commit early and feel undervalued by you while every other school is giving them the He Got Game treatment.
1st Style of course. Would rather be trying to keep kids committed than fighting back for kids after slow playing all cycle. Think that style works a lot better when you're recruiting locally as well, since you can really just fight to get the kids on campus as much as possible while committed, and then push for uncommitted big targets down the stretch run.

lol. It's April. They need to chill, especially when UGA, tOSU, and Alabama come rocketing up the charts. And as you mentioned, it's being overhyped. Even as of about a week ago, Ole Miss was in the #1 spot, but of course it's because they had like 15 takes already. That said, it's nice to see the buzz/excitement around the program though.

I don't disagree and I understand the excitement. Hell, I like how things are looking as well. But its a good to very good class at the moment w/ the potential of being elite down the line. But it's not there just yet. Nor would I expect it to be this early. But its the spring so I know this is par for the course

I agree with you. :lol: Newberg basically guaranteeing a Top 5 class right now, and CB'ing guys like Kayvon is definitely driving clicks, though. You're definitely going to land your share of guys, but hyping up the Renardo Green and Goolsby commits like he's setting the trail on fire right now is funny. Neal was basically a done deal as soon as Telly got on staff. Good to see all of the Big 3 recruiting on a higher level though. Think UF may end up with the best class in the state, honestly (but it's very early).

Of course you agree man, of course you do. Hater. :smh: :lol:

But nah, Tagg and Co. are doing well on the trail, but the guys they landed at the spring game definitely aren't the proof of that. I knew Josh was gonna CB Kayvon after the visit, and I heard some good things as well (outside of the stuff he puts out there) but I don't know that I really believe it just yet. Gotta see how a full cycle goes and if the new regime has guys on staff that are realistic or really think they're getting everybody regardless of what the tea leaves say.

I'd be surprised if UF ended up w/ the best class in the state, then again I'm not sure how many kids everyone is taking this year.

Last edited:
He's not getting anywhere close to beating out Khalil :lol:
Ain't Khalil about to be a junior?

Running quarterback with no shot at an NFL QB gig? Leave early, young buck. Go try to carve out a career and start learning another position.
you just wanna see Sumlin sink :lol:
Hey, hey, hey... That mother ****er gone sink himself in liquor. No need for an extra push. :lol:

I don't disagree and I understand the excitement. Hell, I like how things are looking as well. But its a good to very good class at the moment w/ the potential of being elite down the line. But it's not there just yet. Nor would I expect it to be this early. But its the spring so I know this is par for the course

But nah, Tagg and Co. are doing well on the trail, but the guys the landed this at the spring game definitely aren't the proof of that. I knew Josh was gonna CB Kayvon after the visit, and I heard some good things as well (outside of the stuff he puts out there) but I don't know that I really believe it just yet. Gotta see how a full cycle goes and if the new regime has guys on staff that are realistic or really think they're getting everybody regardless of what the tea leaves say.

I'd be surprised if UF ended up w/ the best class in the state, then again I'm not sure how many kids everyone is taking this year.

Agree with both. Won't believe Kayvon is a thing till pen is to LOI. Can see a kid going from Tally to LA because it's exciting, but LA to Tally better be a good sales pitch. Besides, what's good in his mind today, may change when it's time to sign. Not a huge California fan, especially after living here, but if I was 18 years old ... you'd be hard pressed for me to leave CA if I grew up here. Not like USC is a slouch program either.

Ain't Khalil about to be a junior?

Running quarterback with no shot at an NFL QB gig? Leave early, young buck. Go try to carve out a career and start learning another position.

Hey, hey, hey... That mother ****er gone sink himself in liquor. No need for an extra push. :lol:

Khalil probably won't leave early. I don't know that he'll have his degree and doubt he'll give up a 4th year to go play RB. Idk about no shot at NFL QB gig though, unless we're talking about racism. Khalil is a fairly capable passer and getting better.

:pimp:

One thing though, does it seem like they're not getting much traction in Dade/Broward or is that just me? I'm sure the visits will pick up there over the summer too.

Agree with both. Won't believe Kayvon is a thing till pen is to LOI. Can see a kid going from Tally to LA because it's exciting, but LA to Tally better be a good sales pitch. Besides, what's good in his mind today, may change when it's time to sign. Not a huge California fan, especially after living here, but if I was 18 years old ... you'd be hard pressed for me to leave CA if I grew up here. Not like USC is a slouch program either.

You pull one kid from California, all of a sudden it's "Kayvon Thibonole" jerseys. smh

:pimp:

One thing though, does it seem like they're not getting much traction in Dade/Broward or is that just me? I'm sure the visits will pick up there over the summer too.

Not sure if its lack of traction or lack of resource allocation, but it does seem like as of now there isn't a ton going on down there. Haven't heard of a ton of names. At least at the forefront, not sure what Telly and Co. are cooking behind the scenes so who knows.

You pull one kid from California, all of a sudden it's "Kayvon Thibonole" jerseys. smh

giphy.gif

Hmmm, that does have a nice ring to it. Go ahead and let 'SC know that they should just go ahead and let that kid fulfill his prophecy and come on down to Tally to the "University of Florida State"

Please respect his decision, NO INTERVIEWS.

I think we saw what Frost's vision is for his offense last year, and Hurts dirts way too many balls for that kind of offense IMO. Hurts is more of a power runner/masher than a quick or darting type QB that I think (imo) Maximizes that O

So did Masoli and Darron Thomas :lol:

It wouldn't be that drastic of a change schematically to add some designed QB runs to that offense either. It's not all zone, they do some gap stuff too, and will probably do more now that they are in a LOS league like the B1G and considering the footprint that Nebraska pulls from.

I agree with you tho that his most optimal fit is with an O that relies on the QB to be a primary ball carrier (Auburn, Meyer and his acolytes, KSU) but most of those places either already have crowded depth charts, are in the SEC, or likely aren't high profile enough for him and his father like KSU or Tulane.

Is Joe Burrow actually going to transfer? Or is Urbie going to drag the "competition" on deeper in order to try and keep him?

Back
Top Bottom