OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cuz last time I watched something with Nike and 40’s in Oregon those times were wayyyy off lol every kid was 4.3-4.4

The 40s at the opening finals are laser timed (but still suspicious). I suspect these are laser times too.

2D23A73F-E935-4CB9-B008-A508596FF9AD.gif

No one is beating Rich Eisen. 5.98 in a suit. Beating his first attempt of 6.0. He’s come a long way since his 6.77 in ‘05.

‘SC/Cali guys I’ll be interested to hear what you guys hear over the course of the next week or 2 re: Kayvon Thibodeaux. I’m leaning towards not paying any attention to his recruitment, but apparently things went very well this weekend, but it might be all simple post visit talk. He went to Dorsey, so I’m assuming he’s locked into SC thus I can ignore him

Ignore his recruitment for now lol. Anything you hear until late fall will be trash from local writers who don’t know anything. Last week all the talk was how well his Bama visit went and how he was all wrapped up to them.

Even if he (and/or Chris Steele for example) commit elsewhere first it won’t mean anything. Think of both of their recruitments very much like ITS’s last year or Tua’s. They’re priorities and won’t get away unless there’s coaching turnover. And even then...

Sidenote, am I bugging because I think the Giants taking Saquon at #2 is a mistake? If they're not going to take a QB they should trade down with that pick and get Sony or RJ2 at the bottom of the first/early 2nd. Saquon's great but he struggled in college when teams loaded the box. With that awfulllll o line and the injuries they always get at receiver teams are going to do that to the Giants too.

I'd post this in the NFL thread, but with some of the things I see in there ("Mason Rudolph has the potential to be the best player in this draft!") I feel like those dudes are detached from reality.

I personally don't think Saquon is #2 pick in the draft good but hey, who knows. Stranger things have happened and he certainly is a freak athletically.

And I also have not watched a ton of Saquon in depth, so I'm not making a well researched opinion, so it can/should be taken w/ a grain of salt

I personally don't think Saquon is #2 pick in the draft good but hey, who knows. Stranger things have happened and he certainly is a freak athletically.

And I also have not watched a ton of Saquon in depth, so I'm not making a well researched opinion, so it can/should be taken w/ a grain of salt

Oh, he's an absolute beast. When they played us we had a solid run defense and even then I was convinced he was taking it the length of the field every time he touched it. Part of his success though was the constant threat of PSU bombing the ball if you stacked the box to stop him, so teams had to stay in their base defenses. Eli and the Giants definitely have that potential, sure, but not if like last year Eli was getting hit (literally) within 3 seconds of every snap. If they're not drafting their 2019/20 starting QB this year then they need dudes who are going to keep Eli upright.

Sidenote, am I bugging because I think the Giants taking Saquon at #2 is a mistake?
They should absolutely trade down to someone looking for a quarterback if they're not taking one themselves...

One comes off and 1 and 3 almost guaranteed. Problem is if they love Chubb, they can't go past 6 so that just leaves the Broncos.

Saquan played great against mediocre teams and got shut down against good ones. I think he had like 70-80 yards against OSU and almost half of it came from one play.

He’s still a remarkable talent though

Back
Top Bottom