OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
elpablo21 elpablo21 @651akathepaul Jimmy Lake dropped da las set a bagz off.

UW is looking like the leader for Julius Irvin (after he called them to say he was committing to USC last week :lol: ) and his parents told Bama not to in-home this week. Though to be fair, apparently Tosh and Saban asked Julius to greyshirt :rofl:

elpablo21 elpablo21 @651akathepaul Jimmy Lake dropped da las set a bagz off.

UW is looking like the leader for Julius Irvin (after he called them to say he was committing to USC last week :lol: ) and his parents told Bama not to in-home this week. Though to be fair, apparently Tosh and Saban asked Julius to greyshirt :rofl:
yeah I saw the thing about Bama

I still dont think he commits to Udub :lol:

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne why'd you unlike アミーゴ アミーゴ 's Swann comment once i agreed with it? :lol:

:lol:, I didn't mean too. I reloaded the page, and for some reason the like didn't show up, so I liked it again, but I guess it turned into an unlike?

Retirement should be added to this too.

Cliffs

• Guys would be allowed to transfer without restriction in the case of a HC leaving or being fired, and in the case of a postseason ban.
• They would banned from following that HC to his new job.

Last edited:
Butch Davis stays at Miami
Bob Stoops to Florida or ND
Urban Meyer to ND
Les Miles to Michigan
Rich Rodriguez to Alabama
Bobby Petrino to Auburn
Jimbo Fisher to LSU
Nick Saban to Texas

I wonder how the CFB landscape would be if all of these *almosts* actually happened

:lol:, I didn't mean too. I reloaded the page, and for some reason the like didn't show up, so I liked it again, but I guess it turned into an unlike?

Retirement should be added to this too.

Cliffs

• Guys would be allowed to transfer without restriction in the case of a HC leaving or being fired, and in the case of a postseason ban.
• They would banned from following that HC to his new job.

Potential G5 killer.

Butch Davis stays at Miami
Bob Stoops to Florida or ND
Urban Meyer to ND
Les Miles to Michigan
Rich Rodriguez to Alabama
Bobby Petrino to Auburn
Jimbo Fisher to LSU
Nick Saban to Texas

I wonder how the CFB landscape would be if all of these *almosts* actually happened

Barry Alvarez to Miami should be added. Also probably Bo Schembechler to A&M.

Bobby Bowden staying at WVU, Nebraska sticking with Solich, Pitt holding on to Maijors or Sherrill.

The most seismic is probably Meyer to ND.

Last edited:
Potential G5 killer.

Basically, kids can't follow the outgoing HC, but you'll probably see a lot of OC/QB packaged deals emerge.

We'll probably start seeing schools get more patient with guys too, in fear of getting raided if they fire him.

I appreciate the sport as a whole, but it's time for it to admit that the G5 is another level of football.

If you asked most G5 fan bases if they would rather their teams play for the slim chance of getting to a NY6 Bowl, or a National Championship, most would pick the latter. D1 needs to add another subdivision.

Barry Alvarez to Miami should be added. Also probably Bo Schembechler to A&M.

Bobby Bowden staying at WVU, Nebraska sticking with Solich, Pitt holding on to Maijors or Sherrill.

The most seismic is probably Meyer to ND.

Urban at ND would be horrific, I dno if I could've handled that :lol:

Did Alvarez almost go to Nebraska at one point too?

Urban at ND would be horrific, I dno if I could've handled that :lol:

Did Alvarez almost go to Nebraska at one point too?

Nah,

“No,” Alvarez said. “Tom (Osborne) had promised the job to Frank (Solich). It wasn’t going to happen. I respect Tom for doing that because I don’t think Tom was ready to step down then. But he gave Frank his word.

“The funny thing is, Frank was coming up here. Years earlier, I had asked Frank to join me at Wisconsin and be my offensive coordinator. He agreed to do it. But when he told Tom, Tom told him he wanted him to stay and take his place one day. Frank called me and said he couldn’t come. Tom had promised him the job.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_1f47503d-adf9-5913-a1f0-7457bb9969a9.html

Some other ones are Osborne at MSU (he almost came back), and Bear Bryant at Arkansas. Bryant would have ended up at Arky if it wasn't for WW2 IIRC.

Also probably Bo Schembechler to A&M.

Pitt holding on to Maijors or Sherrill.
When Bo said no we turned around and did this:
The contract apparently makes the 38-year-old Sherrill the highestpaid university employee in the nation. Though declining to comment on the total value of the pact, Sherrill confirmed in a farewell news conference at Pitt that it was for six years and said that his base salary would be $95,000 a year. But the addition of benefits - including a home, new cars, insurance policies and money-fund investments - brings the entire package, the sources in Texas said, to an average of more than $280,000.

According to the best estimates of several officials with a broad knowledge of higher-education matters, no other person has ever received so much in pay from an American university.

''No president or chancellor or professors at any university that I know of, including our chancellor, are paid anywhere near that much,'' said Dr. Ed Bozik, assistant chancellor at Pitt.

And Bo's offer was for an extra million over what Sherrill got. We've been trying to buy a championship for so damn long :lol:

Nah,

“No,” Alvarez said. “Tom (Osborne) had promised the job to Frank (Solich). It wasn’t going to happen. I respect Tom for doing that because I don’t think Tom was ready to step down then. But he gave Frank his word.

“The funny thing is, Frank was coming up here. Years earlier, I had asked Frank to join me at Wisconsin and be my offensive coordinator. He agreed to do it. But when he told Tom, Tom told him he wanted him to stay and take his place one day. Frank called me and said he couldn’t come. Tom had promised him the job.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_1f47503d-adf9-5913-a1f0-7457bb9969a9.html

Some other ones are Osborne at MSU (he almost came back), and Bear Bryant at Arkansas. Bryant would have ended up at Arky if it wasn't for WW2 IIRC.

Ah that makes sense. Some fans were saying he "almost" went to Nebraska but wasn't sure on that.

Why couldn't rich rod just have taken the Bama job :smh:

Ah that makes sense. Some fans were saying he "almost" went to Nebraska but wasn't sure on that.

Why couldn't rich rod just have taken the Bama job :smh:

Saban probably would have still ended up at an SEC power :lol:. People forget he left the Dolphins on his own accord, and wasn't fired.

Would Tress still be coaching at OSU if it wasn't for Tatgate? Outside of Dantonio (who's also a Saban guy) his coaching tree is about as trash as Lloyd Carr's.

I know y'all don't like to admit it but Tatgate is one of the best thing to happen to OSU :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom