OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the SC pay board:

Why does everyone always immediately blame the kid? Maybe people are reading into this wrong and this is a USC problem.

Couple of quick things of note for everyone bashing Woodbey and Armond who is not the villain he is being made out to be.

1. Armond is on record that Woodbey has heard from his position coach, coach Bradford, twice all season. Twice! Let that sink in. He has never once spoken to Clancy. So maybe, just maybe, the reason USC didn’t know his plans is because USC’s DB recruiting and communication sucks.

2. Armond is also on record that he loves SC even if he isn’t always 100% happy with what is currently going on here. He sent his son here. He convinced his son to stay here when things got tough. Again he sent his own son here.

3. His job is to help kids develop and get opportunities wherever they can and want to go. That includes networking with coaches and facilitating opportunities for these kids to get to see what’s out there. Don’t know why people take it personal. His job is not to get kids to come to USC. His job is to get kids to have college options. It’s USC’s job to make sure those kids feel like they are wanted and SC is the place for them.

4. Armond is also on record that while he likes FSU he doesn’t think FSU is the best place for Woodbey. That his kid was on the phone recruiting Woodbey to SC as recently as last night. But will support his decision no matter what.

So maybe everyone should just chill and let the kid go where he feels is the best place for him and wish him luck. No reason to criticize and attack a kid and a situation you know next to nothing about.

sidenote, casper90403 casper90403 I saw a rumor that SC agreed in principle to take Demetrice Martin on as 10th coach next year.

Wonder why he doesn't see it as a fit or the best place

At any rate I still doubt the kid signs w/ FSU

Probably because SC has a rover position built for a player with Woodbey's body type/skills -- basically the Sua Cravens and Uchenna Nwosu spot for safety's that outgrow being back deep.

Idk what defense FSU is gonna run so Idk how one can say they won't be right for him.

I know people are also mad cuz Woodbey is an SC legacy and they feel Bradford "lost" him.

From the SC pay board:

sidenote, casper90403 casper90403 I saw a rumor that SC agreed in principle to take Demetrice Martin on as 10th coach next year.
I like it. Good recruiter.

Hoping Kris Richard gets fired and we replace Clancy with him. Am i wrong to feel like Clancy doesnt really like it here?

The psychological trick of making guys "earn" your attention and affection as a coach is nothing new, but that other **** is OD.

He can still blame it on Charlie for one more season, but he better hope the guys he's brought in there get him a big year 3.

@stanfan if Michigan comes with another big offer for Turley, is Stanford just going to match again like they did last time?

Iowa's S&C guy is the highest paid right now at 595K, if Michigan is serious I'm assuming the offer is going to be around 7 to 750K.

I like it. Good recruiter.

Hoping Kris Richard gets fired and we replace Clancy with him. Am i wrong to feel like Clancy doesnt really like it here?

Clancy loves SC but hates college football. Being the Rams/Chargers HC is prob his dream job.

Due to new tax bill, Texas A&M will now have to pay over $90 million for Jimbo Fisher
http://on-ajc.com/2kTyULE

DRgzf_YW0AA5cDN.jpg

watching the game this weekend, i kept hoping he'd get fired. I think you guys should replace him with Ken Norton

:stoneface:

:lol: I know you're being sarcastic, but Norton's not getting another DC job in the NFL that quick. I know Gerard Martinez an SC recruiting insider hit Norton up about any interest in the 10th assistant spot and he said on the record he wasn't looking to come back to college yet. I would have taken him back here tbh.

:lol: I know you're being sarcastic, but Norton's not getting another DC job in the NFL that quick. I know Gerard Martinez an SC recruiting insider hit Norton up about any interest in the 10th assistant spot and he said on the record he wasn't looking to come back to college yet. I would have taken him back here tbh.
Yep, being sarcastic.

And hell yes, I'd take him back here in a heartbeat.

It was obvious after the Week 1 loss to Maryland at home Herman was going to be his own demise.

The guy is the definition of loose cannon.

Next year’s going to be worse. Losing all their best talent on defense and depth on offense.

I think Ehlinger’s a stud but he’s going to get beat to death.

If they get blown out by Mizzou and start slow again next year there's the very real possibility he's fired. That's wild to me. (Although the word all year has been everyone likes Orlando better than him anyway.)
Charlie got 3 years, Tom is getting at least 3.

Charlie got 3 years, Tom is getting at least 3.

I think he gets 3 years just because you can't go punting your HC before any of his recruits are upper classmen, but the fact that people are calling for him to be fired right now reeks of what I've seen at my own program, so maybe I'm jaded.

@stanfan if Michigan comes with another big offer for Turley, is Stanford just going to match again like they did last time?

Iowa's S&C guy is the highest paid right now at 595K, if Michigan is serious I'm assuming the offer is going to be around 7 to 750K.
Doyle at Iowa is making 675k this year I think. Word on the street is Jimbo is tryna get Cochran to A&M for around a mil.

Back
Top Bottom