Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhat tempted to cop.

I feel like it's a tough sell though with a stronger card literally one week prior in the same venue.

Somewhat tempted to cop.

I feel like it's a tough sell though with a stronger card literally one week prior in the same venue.
Yea im not sure if I want to waste the time heading to Barclays to see that fight. The prices are great but the card isnt.

OfficeHanchoBoxing puts together the best highlight videos out there. Soundtracks are always on point too.

Y’all don’t actually believe that BS do you? Cancelo was on Clen.

The very article proclaiming his innocence straight up says the hair test “might” show traces if he used Clen. It’s not a definitive test and from what they says it’s more likely to stick to “dark” hair, implying Cancelo’s hair isn’t dark.

De La Hoya and Golden Boy pilling a fast one right now.

The test isn't definitive, but the fact he took the test says a lot. The issue wasn't really the clen itself, but rather that getting popped that early for clen before a fight is an obvious sign of a guy getting off a cycle. Unless dude blows up in between fights, there's really no reason to be taking it that early, unless you just got off a cycle and need to cut the excess weight you gained.

Clen really isn't a PED. I know what it does to cattle, but there is still no evidence of any anabolic properties it has when ingested by humans.

Maybe dude really trusts his chemist, but a test that shows what you've been taking for sixth months is quite the risk to be taking when you really don't have to.

I used Clen to help with weight cuts for a few fights a decade ago after somebody at my gym put me into it. While you are right about it not being an anabolic steroid, it has other benefits. It kept me lean and I definitely wasn’t losing any muscle mass while cutting when using it.

Canelo is doing also this as a fake gesture of goodwill. It’s all orchestrated by Oscar and his team.

If you wanted to juice for an advantage there’s way better **** you could be taking than Clen. Then you add in that he popped for trace amounts, indicating contamination. Then you add in that there’s a clear documented history of Clenbuterol contamination in Mexico. Then you add in bruh took a hair test that coulda got him popped for some other **** entirely if he happened to be on some real steroids.

I don’t put it past anybody to be on something, but looking at the facts of THIS specific situation, this is not the situation to be jumping out the window with the hot takes for. Dude could very likely be telling the truth

If you wanted to juice for an advantage there’s way better **** you could be taking than Clen. Then you add in that he popped for trace amounts, indicating contamination. Then you add in that there’s a clear documented history of Clenbuterol contamination in Mexico. Then you add in bruh took a hair test that coulda got him popped for some other **** entirely if he happened to be on some real steroids.

I don’t put it past anybody to be on something, but looking at the facts of THIS specific situation, this is not the situation to be jumping out the window with the hot takes for. Dude could very likely be telling the truth
This is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt. People were saying "he's too rich to eat from a taco truck". Farms breed cows the same way, they don't just leave one to grow naturally for Canelo Alvarez.

I’m shocked ain’t no one mentioned Shady Slim and the scent of that sweet perfume he calls his YouTube channel.
The biggest Amir Khan homer there is. :lol:
I like his channel, but all he really does is comment on drama and negotiations.

I personally think he was using it for vanity, given he’s the pretty boy in the public eye. Not to mentioned it’s so far out. My opinion is he was using it to stay lean while gorging on large amounts of food.

He’s clearly used PEDs in the past, most pro athletes have.

The fact that y’all are buying into this garbage is exactly what GB and Cancelo wanted. Believable excuse because of other athletes, but dude has never been registered for voluntary testing? And the officials can only say the follicle test might be positive if he used? Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.

We doing best 2 out of 3 drug tests here? Dirty is dirty. Again, other athletic commissions suspend athletes for a lot more time for lower levels of Clen.

We can use the “special” cows for Cancelo argument, but his team has prior butchers on it. They all know the deal and the implications, they’re playing the game.

This Jennings & Dawejko fight on ESPN is pretty good.
Great opening match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom