Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Let's not forget that he's the only one that has been loyal to this team, no matter what. Don't give me some ******** about him wanting to get paid. He could've signed his deal and demanded a trade at any point. Hell, he makes MORE money if he gets traded. FOH with that "he's only here to get paid" nonsense. It's about time he finally had enough of this POS organization.

We sucked before Phil came here. He was a ball stopping, selfish, no defense playing chucker before that too.

Do we not watch the same games? Idk wtf y'all watching. THE ******* CROWD STARTS A COUNTDOWN WHEN HE TOUCHES THE BALL

Melo is a ball stopper and does have his selfish moments. His defensive effort comes and goes.

I'll also give him the credit of trying to not be that guy and making attempts to be a better player but old habits die hard.

These past seven years are a failure and for the most part it is not his fault. He's had some crappy talent surrounding him.

He's the best player we've had since Patrick, no denying that. I have no ill will towards him. However its time for him and the Knicks to go their separate ways.

We sucked before Phil came here. He was a ball stopping, selfish, no defense playing chucker before that too.

Do we not watch the same games? Idk wtf y'all watching. THE ****ING CROWD STARTS A COUNTDOWN WHEN HE TOUCHES THE BALL
Fans like you are another reason players don't wanna play here

Melo is the only superstar in our history to publicly cry out that he wants to be here and you got people like this criticizing everything he does on the court when we all knew damn well HE'S ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME PLAYER HIS WHOLE CAREER

But nah stubborn fans like you just expect any superstar that comes here to be Lebron and lead us to the finals by themselves :lol:

Sh*ts laughable

We sucked before Phil came here.
We sucked before Melo came here.
He was a ball stopping, selfish, no defense playing chucker before that too.
And this team and franchise was a dysfunctional and corrupt **** org before that too.

Do we not watch the same games? Idk wtf y'all watching.
I really don't think you do.
THE ****ING CROWD STARTS A COUNTDOWN WHEN HE TOUCHES THE BALL
I mean if you buy in to what the media says like many Knicks fans or even interacts with fans that do its easy to see how you can be gullible enough to buy in to all of that and think its the truth.

Na you don't know wtf you're talking about. "Fans like me" lol.

I've been riding with this team since 99 I think I know a thing or two about wtf it takes to win in this league. You hear every single star player sacrificing something for the betterment of the team. Melo hasn't sacrificed **** as a Knick. The year we won 54 games he was complaining about playing PF. Imagine that. He couldn't coexist with any coach, any GM, amare, Tyson, legit anyone.

Another reason why I'm iffy about Kyrie. I get wanting to be the man, but leaving a free ticket to the finals every year? Na there's something wrong with that.

We couldn't get FAs before Melo and couldn't get **** with him. The pressure here is a lot more that's why players don't come here. Also our organization as a whole kinda sucks. It's not because of the fans. Every player says we have some of the best diehard fans in the world.

Na you don't know wtf you're talking about. "Fans like me" lol.

I've been riding with this team since 99 I think I know a thing or two about wtf it takes to win in this league. You hear every single star player sacrificing something for the betterment of the team. Melo hasn't sacrificed **** as a Knick. The year we won 54 games he was complaining about playing PF. Imagine that. He couldn't coexist with any coach, any GM, amare, Tyson, legit anyone.

Another reason why I'm iffy about Kyrie. I get wanting to be the man, but leaving a free ticket to the finals every year? Na there's something wrong with that.

We couldn't get FAs before Melo and couldn't get **** with him. The pressure here is a lot more that's why players don't come here. Also our organization as a whole kinda sucks. It's not because of the fans. Every player says we have some of the best diehard fans in the world.
Dawg you are hilarious :rofl:

What exactly are you expecting him to sacrifice??

He done sacrificed the prime of his career being loyal to this team

Sacrifice some energy to play defense. Stop holding the ball for 15 seconds, maybe get your teammates involved early on, anything. He legit complained when we put him at the 4. Meanwhile he was dominating and we were winning. **** makes no sense to me.

In my perfect world fantasy I'm still having Melo here for as long as he keeps playing so he can retire a Knick |l

Also its a widespread myth that Melo doesn't play defense.

I'll let the staticians handle that though.

i think a more accurate assessment would be that carmelo was inconsistent with his defensive effort.

he was real wishy washy sometimes

This might blow the Knick fans/Kyrie stans mind in here BUT...

Kyrie is far and away the most overrated superstar in the league right now

LeBron took that kids stardom to new heights and hitting that shot last year made everyone think he's way better than he is for some reason

1. Melo never had a good team around him except that year we won 50+ games (that plus his olympics performances shows what he can do in a good system)

2. The front office mismanaged Melos talent, made horrible trades and kept changing coaches, hurting overall team chemistry/progress

3. The year they won 17 was when they forced the triangle on an already dysfunctional team with no talent, how can they win games when they don't even enjoy the game they're playing? Plus who would want to come to NY to play the triangle?

4. Phil and the front office slandered Melos name which caused MORE dysfunction, lowered player morale, and distanced players even more (Porzingis?). All in an attempt to blame Melo for the failures of the front office.

All that and STILL Melo expressed his desire to stay in NY, who else would do that? It ain't Melos fault but I guess since he's the face of the team in a city that loves drama he takes the hit.. JAMES DOLAN IS THE DEVIL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom