Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Perry must be a NTer
When it comes to a past prime, ball stopping scorer like Melo, as a team you do get better. When the crowd starts a countdown every time you touch the ball there is seriously something wrong with that.

Melo is gonna look 100x better as a 3rd option. He is not good for this team going forward.
The media can make ya'll believe anything apparently. THE team is 9-51 when he doesn't play... 9 and 51.... lol, knicks are horrible B... without melo they get smacked by an average of 23 a game easily..

We'll be much better than 9-51.

The Nets trotted out 5-10 d league players a night and won more than the amount we won with our beloved Melo (17)

Don't know if this has been put out. But now it makes sense. They gave Melo the NTC if he took less than the Max. That was the only way the Knicks were giving him the NTC.

Na I actually like Melo. I think he's a real good 3rd option and still one of the best scorers in this league. Wish he wins one while contributing before he retires.

But i'm just tired of him as a Knick. 1 good season in 6.5 years and thats all knick fans bring up. He's a good scorer, but legit nothing else. I cant comment on him as a teammate cuz idk. But his ball stopping, inefficiency, lack of defense, and me me me attitude hurts alot more than his 22ppg helps. He was never good enough as the #1 option. Yes he was never really surrounded by HOF talent, but at the same time no one ran to play with Melo. Thats why I want to go full on tank mode.

You guys here preaching for trading assets for Kyrie and going the FA route fail to realize that WE NEVER GOT ANYONE WORTH WHILE IN FREE AGENCY. Simple as that. Build around Frank, KP, Willy, and our future first rounders. We literally need to hit on 1 more pick and we'll be straight going forward. By the time the Warriors are done we'll have 2 all stars heading into their prime.

Or we can go the FA/trade route and fail again and continue this 20 year cycle we've put ourselves in since the Ewing era ended.

When it comes to a past prime, ball stopping scorer like Melo, as a team you do get better. When the crowd starts a countdown every time you touch the ball there is seriously something wrong with that.

Melo is gonna look 100x better as a 3rd option. He is not good for this team going forward.
There's factual evidence that shows the Knicks are probably the worst team in the league without Melo and yet you still think we'll improve 1st year without him :rofl:

Some of y'all don't deserve nice things.

1 good season in 6.5 years?

How many good seasons did we have before that? You wanted him to be the PG, SG, Center, defensive stopper, coach and GM to recruit players?

I understand wanting a fresh start and end to the drama but let's not create an alternate history and do the same thing we did to Patrick. Knicks have had straight bums on the roster, many who aren't even in the league anymore and boneheads managing and coaching the franchise. Can't blame that on Carmelo. The one year he had a good roster around him he did what he was supposed to do.

It's official...JRS found the love of his life...congrats on the engagement man. Happy for dude.
:lol:
Our last three seasons with Melo got us 17, 31, and 32 wins. Yes I think we can win somewhere between 17-32 games. Strictly because we're much better defensively and the offense will be more free flowing.

I'm team tank and want a top 5 pick, but I'll gladly take a young team being competitive
You either somehow became naive as **** the past 4 months or are the most gullible Knicks fan alive :lol: :smh:

This squad will struggle for 35 wins unless KP has a MVP year.

We had veterans on that team (Kidd, Kurt, Sheed) on that roster.

I wouldn't necessarily call a team with Felton and JR Smith as your 2nd and 3rd offensive options as a good roster.

He played the 4 that year and despite winning more games and shooting career high 3pt percentages he still voiced his opinion about not wanting to play the 4.

Also where did I say we're gonna win 35 games? People are saying we're 9-51 without Melo but fail to realize that we won only 17 and 32 games with him.

Anyway I'm done voicing my opinion about this. Just gonna have to agree to disagree. We'll be better without Melo. This year and the years after that.

I wouldn't necessarily call a team with Felton and JR Smith as your 2nd and 3rd offensive options as a good roster.

He played the 4 that year and despite winning more games and shooting career high 3pt percentages he still voiced his opinion about not wanting to play the 4.

Also where did I say we're gonna win 35 games? People are saying we're 9-51 without Melo but fail to realize that we won only 17 and 32 games with him.

So we had veteran leadership, competent pg play and we won 50+ games. You know what we didn't have those other years? :emoji_thinking:

Idk whose fault it is for not surrounding Melo with competent PG play and veteran leadership during his time here. FAs who dont want to play with Melo or the front offices. NYC + Melo and you still cant build a winner. This **** works both ways.

Couldnt get past a team led by Hibbert and PG though :rofl::

d
Idk whose fault is it for not surrounding Melo with competent PG play and veteran leadership during his time here. FAs who dont want to play with Melo or the front offices. NYC + Melo and you still cant build a winner. This **** works both ways.

Couldnt get past a team led by Hibbert and PG though :rofl::
Every player in the league pretty much loves and reveres Melo. The idea that players don't wanna play with him is a garbage ESPN narrative that you're eating right up

It's the Knicks they don't want to play for

Melo not being successful here falls on management and the reputation they created about the Knicks WAAAYYYY more than it does Melo himself

Sorry I watched literally 80% of our games in the last 10 years minimum. I could give AF about ESPN, I don't even have cable lmao.

Strictly from a basketball perspective, nobody ever loved Melo enough to come play with him. Not in Denver not in NY.

So what's your solution? Keep Melo? Trade our assets for Kyrie? Would you like being stuck at 30-45 wins forever?

Sorry I watched literally 80% of our games in the last 10 years minimum. I could give AF about ESPN, I don't even have cable lmao.

Strictly from a basketball perspective, nobody ever loved Melo enough to come play with him. Not in Denver not in NY.

So what's your solution? Keep Melo? Trade our assets for Kyrie? Would you like being stuck at 30-45 wins forever?

FAs back then and now don't want to go to Denver so don't give me that Melo made it undesirable. Denver has been trying to get a superstar ever since Melo dipped and the best they've ever had is now a 32 year old Paul Millsap :lol:

Same thing with New York. Don't act like the Knicks had always been a place superstars or above average role players wanted to play then when Melo came along he turned everyone off to playing in New York. We hadn't had a star player since Ewing. People don't wanna play here because the Knicks are and for the most part in recent history always been a dysfunctional a** franchise :lol:

You basically said it right here:

Meh

When we have a better record next year without Melo, whats gonna be the narrative then?
Unless when you said better record you meant 33 wins.

The last season was 31 or 32 wins and you said we will win more without Melo.

We also won 17 WITH Melo. Which was my argument that it's really not that hard to win more games without him. Like I said the Nets with 10 D-league players and zero all stars won 20 games.

We also won 17 WITH Melo. Which was my argument that it's really not that hard to win more games without him. Like I said the Nets with 10 D-league players and zero all stars won 20 games.
Only 7 of those wins were without Melo though soooooooo??

Some of y'all don't deserve nice things.

1 good season in 6.5 years?

How many good seasons did we have before that? You wanted him to be the PG, SG, Center, defensive stopper, coach and GM to recruit players?

I understand wanting a fresh start and end to the drama but let's not create an alternate history and do the same thing we did to Patrick. Knicks have had straight bums on the roster, many who aren't even in the league anymore and boneheads managing and coaching the franchise. Can't blame that on Carmelo. The one year he had a good roster around him he did what he was supposed to do.

Repped. Actually, I repped a bunch of you that can actually see past the ESPN brainwashing.

No one ever loved Melo huh? Its interesting that JR, KMart, and Camby followed him to NY. Nene has recently tweeted a pic of Melo in a Rockets jersey, talking about the old days in Denver. I wonder what brought the vets like Sheed, Kidd, and Kurt to NY. You'd think a champ like Kidd wouldn't want to play with a ball stopping, no defense playing, selfish player...right?

For the record, we won 17 games and he only played in 40 that season. Do the math. That same 17 win season he had Bargs as the second best player on the team. I'm amazed we even won 17 games WITH him. We probably would've broke the record for least amount of wins, had he not played at all.

I'm done.

Were still gonna suck, but you guys will see how much better the teams offense flows and how much better defensively we'll be without Melo.

Dudes cape so hard for a 22ppg ball stopper it's hilarious. I care about the Knicks, not Melo who put himself in this situation to begin with.

This is exactly why no all-star or Tier 1-2 player wants to play here. No matter what, the fans and organization treat their players like ****. There has been ONE star player since Ewing, and everyone wants to blame him and how it's his fault we suck. I didn't know that Melo amnestied Billups's contract instead of STAT. I didn't know that he hired Rambis to be our "defensive" coach. I didn't know that he forced the triangle offense. I didn't know that he signed Noah to that ridiculous deal. I didn't know that he traded THJR for Grant, traded Grant, and then overpaid for THJR. I didn't know that he traded for Bargs or traded Tyson for damn near nothing. I didn't know that he hired rookie coach Derek Fisher to be our coach. I didn't know that he played all 5 positions in a team sport. Damn, if he was responsible for all of that, then I'd have hate for him too. REALISTICALLY, he can only control what he does on the court. BUT he's a ball stopping, selfish, no defense playing chucker...smfh.

So what you really meant to say is this team without Melo will at least win more than 17 games.

Okay :lol:

Last season was 32 but you decided to look at the worst season to make that bogus stayement.

Why not speak up and say they'll win more than 52 win team too? Since you're ignoring everything else and just focusing on "without Melo".

Back
Top Bottom