Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The Knicks have told people recently that their priorities are to find a veteran point guard to help groom rookie Frank Ntilikina and to put together a young roster without over spending on subsequent free agents

The Knicks have told people recently that their priorities are to find a veteran point guard to help groom rookie Frank Ntilikina and to put together a young roster without over spending on subsequent free agents
smokin.gif

Throw some money at Shaun Livingston.

If Frank can become anything close to Livingston, I'll be happy.

We'll meet with Jrue Holiday if he doesn't reach a deal with NOLA tonight

I love Jrue but the timing isn't right

ahh free agency, the time of year where players use us for leverage to get deals from teams they actually want to go to.

Bad timing with the Jrue interest.

His injuries have been kinda overblown. Missed games due to a broken foot, an eye surgery, toe surgery, and missed a ton of games because of his wife's diagnosis. Lots of unlucky injuries and time missed there.

Last edited:
What about rebuilding properly for the first time since all young players and assets were shipped off for Melo, leading to Donnie Walsh resigning?

Stop with the "win-now" impatience, it clearly just leads to sucking more for longer.
I don't know if you just want guys in this thread to agree with you but the Knicks are never going to do that.

I think a lot of fans (at least in here) know that and then delusionally try to work from there with how the team can be good.

As far as actually doing it, I feel like if we did we'd screw it up. Never draft a stud, so the losing was for nothing and then just keep losing, then not even getting a #1 pick, only to keep losing, until Dolan fires whoever idea was that and then the next guy will either have the same plan that'll go wrong or go back to the trade all ya draft picks for star players with injuries or just out of their prime.

Maybe also keep in mind if Agua even wants to inherit this mess yet.

Son been off managing the Westchester team in the nbdl right? Well they're doing better than the actual Knicks. He may want to enjoy that.

Last edited:
Knickstank dead already :nerd: Horny was a a decent pg, let him mentor/groom FNT and get another hooptie pg for the low. RR for a discount and you can always Jennings his contract if he's too much of a distraction..

i think it would be cool to land hill but counterproductive if we lose lee.... i kinda wish we sign eric gordon instead but if we get rid of lee whos our 2 guard?

Back
Top Bottom