Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Knicks dont need to sign a pg or anyone really. Give frank the keys and let the young boys build. if they do bad = good draft pick. If they do good, then good on them.
This. Everyone thought Porzingis was years away as well, but we threw him into the starting lineup on opening night and look at how it paid off. And I'm not saying that Frank will be as ready as KP, because I was preaching very hard back then that narratives about Porzingis being a "major project" were extremely overplayed considering the numbers he produced in the best basketball league outside of the NBA.

But even if Frank isnt ready, we are rebuilding. Give him all the freedom he needs, Let him learn through his mistakes, and if it works out then great, and worst case we lose alot and get a top 5 pick coming at us to add another young stud in the offseason.

IMO one of the biggest misconceptions that NBA fans have is that young players need to develop behind a mentor/vet before they are ready or else their development will be stunted. I just dont think that is true at all in most cases (look at the best young players in recent seasons and tell me which ones were back ups as rookies and came up behind an established vet. I'll wait.) and even when it might be true, it is only true with a very specific kind of player who has the necessary tools, knows the deal, and is with it. This is not the case with any of the PGs we are discussing in here right now.

When it comes to basketball, experience is usually the best teacher. You catch on to the game speed/skill level, learn through your mistakes, and work on your game with coaches. Thats how players usually get better more so than player mentorship/limited exposure. Young players usually improve exponentially from the time they are given major minutes and freedom and by putting that off with Frank, we would most likely be prolonging his development.

Losing a **** load of games with Frank starting at PG >>>>>> Losing alot of games with Rose, Rondo, Teague, Rubio, etc. etc. Would anyone really have a problem with a 60 loss season with Frank getting rookie-year-MCW type freedom at the point? 
nerd.gif

And for all the dudes  calling Rondo a "pass first PG who plays defense," I would agree with you if you call whoring for assists being "pass first" and not playing a lick of defense in recent seasons and living off his defensive minded reputation from a decade ago as "playing defense."

And Rondo as a mentor? Dude would probably try to get the whole team to alienate Frank for thinking he is the PG of the future and throw a hissy fit whenever he steals his minutes/stats. Cmon now we're talking about Rondo here. I'm not touching him for the vets minimum. No good can come from it while a lot of bad can. 

Last edited:
The only free agent guard I want is Patty Mills. But even he's gonna ask for a **** ton.

Last edited:
Let this guy be our starting pg on the opening day until Ntilikina is ready

fe1c10b8d613f35db7b0d5e3c2faa1c5.jpeg

Let everyone else spend big on Holiday, Teague, & Hill

Sign someone like Darren Collison or Ty Lawson to a 1 year deal

I would've sent that 1st round top 14 protected pick for Rubio. We would've kept that pick 10000%.

Rubio has 28 mill/2 yrs left. Thats good value and better than anything we'd throw money at this offseason. Especially for someone who'd make KP and Frank 10x better while being a good locker room presence.

I love Rubio but even if the pick was lottery protected I'd be hesitant to trade it.

We can't afford to have no draft pick next summer.

:lol: at Rubio talk now when we could've had him for nothing. Essentially it was nothing since Rose with his expiring contract (nor anyone else really) didn't contribute much in the 2nd half of the season. Now we'd have to give something that affects our future up.

laugh.gif
at Rubio talk now when we could've had him for nothing. Essentially it was nothing since Rose with his expiring contract (nor anyone else really) didn't contribute much in the 2nd half of the season. Now we'd have to give something that affects our future up.
We would have made the trade for just Rose. Wolves wanted Rose and a first at the deadline and I still say no to that deal today.

the media is really dumb though... do they not understand melo wants to stay home and has a NTC? he controls his own destiny... stop trying to create headlines for no reason :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom