Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Shump was on such a good trajectory his first 2 years. Showed major promise as a rookie, offense was coming along and his defense was spectacular (I remember that Christmas day game when he stripped Wade in the backcourt like 3x in a row). Next season he was a full time starter on a 54 win team and one of the only players to show up vs Indy, which I thought would be his coming out party. Then everything just fell apart for his entire career in 2014. 
mean.gif

I hate to be that guy but general manager Lebron James must be thinking about a possible Love-Melo multi-team deal

Last edited:
Cavs aren't winning with their current team, minus whale gamble. What difference does it make if it fails, they don't win the title either way

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy but general manager Lebron James must be thinking about a possible Love-Melo multi-team deal

So what? I wouldn't and I'm guessing Phil wouldn't make that trade. No point in adding Love to a developing roster with KP, maybe a three team deal where we get picks or youth, but even then the salaries will be hard to match.

Anyways, they could have Melo for free right now, they're still not beating the Warriors.

Na Melo on this current Cavs team I strongly believe would beat the Warriors.

You won't beat them on the defensive side of the ball. The only way you'll beat a great offense is with another great offense.

Last edited:
Haven't checked this thread in a minute but just curious as to who you guys would like to say the Knicks get in this draft?

I really like what I have watched on Frank Ntilinka a ton. I like his game way more than Dennis Smith. I would be happy if the Knicks ended up with him. Curious to hear what some of you would like to see the team do with the draft 2 weeks away.

You can't stack a team with offensive talent and hope to beat the warriors. The Warriors ended tonight's game on an 11-0 run and they did that by getting stops. Melo is not cutting it.

I think Cavs would need to add someone like Giannis or PG to make it even. Just someone who can guard KD for LeBron and also score

Last edited:
Haven't checked this thread in a minute but just curious as to who you guys would like to say the Knicks get in this draft?

I really like what I have watched on Frank Ntilinka a ton. I like his game way more than Dennis Smith. I would be happy if the Knicks ended up with him. Curious to hear what some of you would like to see the team do with the draft 2 weeks away.

Frank isn't the popular choice but I would be very happy with him. Aside from Josh Jackson, Frank is arguably the best defensive minded player in the Draft. We need defense more than anything so would make sense to draft him. On the other hand I like Smith Jr aswell so it's a win - win as far as i'm concerned.

You can't stack a team with offensive talent and hope to beat the warriors. The Warriors ended tonight's game on an 11-0 run and they did that by getting stops. Melo is not cutting it.

I think Cavs would need to add someone like Giannis or PG to make it even. Just someone who can guard KD for LeBron and also score

Getting stops? The Cavs were missing every shot they took in the final minutes. They werent even bad shots due to great defense, just missing. Meanwhile, the Warriors hit every single timely shot necessary. You will not beat them 4x playing defense. You gotta match that firepower.

Just look how they completely destroyed a top 3 defensive and rebounding team in the Jazz.

Last edited:
It's a combination of the two. Offense and defense. You improve the offense without improving the defense and you're going nowhere against the warriors.

You're also completely downplaying how good the warriors are on the defensive side of the ball btw lol

11-0 run and the warriors get no credit from you at all on the defensive end.

11-0 run and the warriors get no credit from you at all on the defensive end.

Bro watch that 11-0 run again and tell me what defense? Every single shot the Cavs took during that run was a good enough look. It wasn't suffocating defense leading to turnovers or bad shots. The Cavs simply missed good looks that would've put the game away.

Great offense will always beat good defense. You gotta beat great offense with great offense. This is evident since the Cavs play best and go on all their mini runs when Tristan Thompson (their best defensive big and rebounder) is on the bench.

Last edited:
I would love to watch that 11-0 run again. You show me where and I'll watch it.

I forgot to record it on my dvr before shutting off the cable lol

As far as Cavs playing best without TT it's because he's literally not contributing anything. Little Steph Curry has more rebounds in one game than TT the whole series. Also they can't play TT and Love together against this squad and right now Lue prefers to keep Love out there, and he's right to

Love might not be as good on D as TT but he is the better two way player. That's how you compete against the warriors. You need as many two way players on the court as possible. Can't rely on solely offense or solely defense. That's been my point all along.

Last edited:
I've been posting there. Whenever I can. That thread moves fast.

You guys overuse the word troll, lol

I am sure I post in that thread more than you lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom