Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I hate this time of year 
mean.gif

Phil...for once in your tenure here, do the right thing...draft a fuxing PG. you will royally **** us, if you don't. you've ****** us hard in the past, but we're still here. if you **** us again, you might make a gaping hole that keegals cant repair.

Last edited:
1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Fox
6. DSJr
7. Isaac

Then we take Frank or Monk (preferably Frank)

I hate this time of year :smh:
Its just crazy to me how some of y'all can just so easily transition in to draft day scouting mode :lol:

Especially after these seasons. Starting the cycle all over. Creating that false hope :lol:

Last edited:
Yep like others have said I'd be happy with either monk or dsjr. If we get neither talk about disappointing

Yep like others have said I'd be happy with either monk or dsjr. If we get neither talk about disappointing
Reminds me a little bit of 09.

Everyone was pretty confident before the draft that the Knicks were gonna end up with either Jonny Flynn or Curry. Rubio was considered the "reach" pick since he was refusing to talk or work out with Minnesota but it was unlikely he was going to fall to 8 regardless. The expectation was that Minnesota would take a PG (probably Rubio) and then 6 and 7 would end up being probably Jordan Hill and Flynn (who was more highly regarded at the time than Curry because he was considered a true PG). 

I remember back then every single mock draft having Jordan Hill in the top 7, usually 6 to the Wolves or 7 to the Warriors (who's best player at the time was Monta Ellis and it was thought they wouldnt draft such a similar player in Curry, plus they had a weak frontline at the time), and I was obviously fine with that because I didnt want Hill at all. Plus Curry was refusing to interview or workout with Golden State because of his desire to come to NY and D'Antoni/Walsh's public desire to draft him.

Then of course dumbass David Kahn and the Wolves shock the world and pick back to back PGs in Rubio and Flynn, the Dubs snag Curry at 7 despite him not working out for them and Monta Ellis already on the roster, and we are forced to take the "safe" pick in Jordan Hill at 8. It's actually pretty ******* ironic that the fact Rubio was threatening not to come to Minnesota if they drafted him (so he could come to a big market like NY) actually ended up working against us because it gave the Wolves incentive to draft Flynn since Rubio would be 2 years away. As opposed to if Rubio came over right away, they would have likely paired him up with Jordan Hill, the Dubs would have drafted Flynn (who was more highly regarded at the time than Curry, more of a pure PG, and less similar to Ellis), and Curry falls into our laps at 8.

I could definitely seeing some bull **** like this happening this year. Something like assuming that either Monk or DSJR will be there at 8 and then some team surprises us (like the Wolves again) and both end up being off the board at 8. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
if Minny does draft a guard, they are definitely trading Rubio, Dunn, or Jones. i can't seem them keeping those 3 plus Lavine another rookie guard

Idk why I'm posting this here, this isn't Knick related, but like they say, "Once a Knick, Always a Knick" (that absurd dumb slogan on our jerseys)...

Shumpert is absolute garbage, just terrible.

What a waste of an ideal basketball human specimen.

He literally offers nothing. Can't dribble, can't drive, can't shoot, no awareness, his defense sucks (yes his defense is bad)

Last edited:
Idk why I'm posting this here, this isn't Knick related, but like they say, "Once a Knick, Always a Knick" (that absurd dumb slogan on our jerseys)...

Shumpert is absolute garbage, just terrible.

What a waste of an ideal basketball human specimen.

He literally offers nothing. Can't dribble, can't drive, can't shoot, no awareness, his defense sucks (yes his defense is bad)
A9x6l69CYAAlN4e.png

Lol Shumpert is worth his weight in gold with his off the ball defense on Curry alone. You dudes quick to hate on your ex players.

quick to hate on ex players? he was trash on the knicks i dont think it would make a difference with him being on the cavs... hes still trash...he hasnt done anything relevant during the playoffs in his cavs tenure... his defense was always overrated...

Back
Top Bottom