Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo made the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR of his career until Phil came along

But dudes still wanna blame him :lol:  
Making the East is a pathetically low bar for a "superstar".  You want me to praise this guy for it?  He is the definition of a loser.  

In those two magical playoff years his record is 1-8 btw.  Before Phil it was Woodson's fault.  Before that it was Dantoni's fault.  Everyone but the superstar franchise player.

I'm not saying he should win a championship.  Just that "superstars" don't throw themselves parties for barely making the playoffs in the East.  
You're moving the bar though. First it was Melo couldn't make the playoffs in the East when he has already. Nowhere has anyone said you should praise him for it. I know I haven't..

Last edited:

Making the East is a pathetically low bar for a "superstar".  You want me to praise this guy for it?  He is the definition of a loser.  

In those two magical playoff years his record is 1-8 btw.  Before Phil it was Woodson's fault.  Before that it was Dantoni's fault.  Everyone but the superstar franchise player.

I'm not saying he should win a championship.  Just that "superstars" don't throw themselves parties for barely making the playoffs in the East.  
You're the one that started slandering dude outta nowhere 
laugh.gif

Melo's playoff record with the Knicks is 7-14 BTW and you're coming in here tryna act like he wasn't "superstar" enough to win more games or series when he averaged 28-7-2 in his Knicks playoff career

Who is trying to throw Melo a party?

All everyone in here agrees on is that missing the playoff the past 3 years hasn't been on entirely. I certainly wasn't blaming Dantoni or Woodson when we lost playoff games or series. We lost because we were the worse team. No one expected us to win so when we lost no one was surprised except you it seems like

You're coming out of left field with this ESPN narrative nonsense acting like someone provoked you 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I'm ready to move on from Melo. Unless he's the #2 or #3 option he wont win a thing in this league.

Also I could care less about trading or drafting a "triangle player". In 2 years we wont be running this ********.

Last edited:
Also I could care less about trading or drafting a "triangle player". In 2 years we wont be running this ********.

Phil drafted Porzingis/Grant in the first round & traded for Rose despite them not being 'triangle players'.

Seems like the plan in the front office is to put together the best possible team & teach them the triangle later.

Last edited:
i would love to see another superstar come here and fail to get the Knicks to the playoffs and then blame that guy :lol:

I'm sure he has a bunch of personal trainers that no one here would ever pay for who know what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom