Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

You know were not gonna have a penny unspent when the season starts up though 
laugh.gif

If you guys have the time I suggest you read this. Basically, talks about how the triangle can work today and compares the Warriors use of the triangle vs. the way we run it.

F Phil Jackson has focused his slight based motivational tactics on to KP hoping to turn him into the winner we need :lol:

Knicks fans explain this Longstaff decision. This seems so dumb.

I can't explain it.

He was loved by all the players & was the head of player development. We've been **** for a few years but we've done alright with developing players on the fringes (Galloway, Baker, Holiday, Hernangomez).

A few beat writers are saying Phil is going all in on the triangle so anyone that's opposed to it is out. It does open up a spot for Prigioni, though.

Between firing KP's favorite assistant & the meeting between his brother/agent & Phil going no where maybe we should just accept it now that KP is leaving the first chance he gets 
mean.gif

The only franchise to drive out their star player and then drive out their future franchise player in a span of 3 years :smh:

Just sad all around how Phil really ****** us this bad.

Porzingis is kinda acting like a diva, though.

I totally understand why he's frustrated but you're only 21 years old & 2 seasons into your career. You don't have enough pull yet to be ignoring the president & coach of the team. I feel like going to the exit meeting & expressing how you feel would've been better than cutting all ties with the team for the summer.

Porzingis is kinda acting like a diva, though.

I totally understand why he's frustrated but you're only 21 years old & 2 seasons into your career. You don't have enough pull yet to be ignoring the president & coach of the team. I feel like going to the exit meeting & expressing how you feel would've been better than cutting all ties with the team for the summer.

**** the exit meeting.

The New York Knicks have decided not to renew the contract of assistant coach Josh Longstaff.

Longstaff initially joined the Knicks with Derek Fisher and was one of the few remaining holdovers.

Longstaff had formed a strong connection with multiple current players, most notably Kristaps Porzingis. The bond between Porzingis and Longstaff was so strong that he was requested to serve as an assistant on the Latvian national team this summer.

One member called Longstaff the hardest working member of the staff.

Longstaff was a player development coach with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Another reason for KP to hate us.

Just like any other job it's all politics. You keep a loser around like Kurt rambis just cuz he's your boy even though he's terrible at his job

Back
Top Bottom