Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The lottery hasn't happened yet.

This is a sign we getting #1
pimp.gif
Adam Silver don't give a duck about us

Knicks probably thinking they can package Melo with their pick for the #1 (if Boston gets it). No other reason to meet with Fultz.

I still think Frank is the guy we pick if we stay at 7 though.
Melo + 7 isn't getting you the #1 pick.

IF they trade for the first pick, Kris will be the one leaving.

Knicks probably thinking they can package Melo with their pick for the #1 (if Boston gets it). No other reason to meet with Fultz.

I still think Frank is the guy we pick if we stay at 7 though.

Melo + 7 isn't getting you the #1 pick.

IF they trade for the first pick, Kris will be the one leaving.

For a draft this top heavy, Melo and the #7 for sure can get u the #1. Especially if Boston gets it. LOL at thinking KP is being traded for another prospect.

Last edited:
Fultz is a better prospect than Porzingis but trading them for each other makes no sense for us.

The whole point of this pick is to add another potential building block to what we have.

Na you dont trade KP unless you're getting a sure fire young all star/corner piece in return. Even if Fultz is the better prospect, there are no guarantees with any pick.

Only way I'm trading KP is if we get the #1 pick from Boston, keep our pick AND also get Jaylen Brown 
laugh.gif

KP will be here for the next 5 years.... we can extend him to a max after his rookie contract runs out and he will be a restricted free agent... but you never know with phil he lacks common sense

kinda OD to trade melo and our pick for the #1...i rather just trade melo for a draft pick in addition to already having our own...and pointless to meet with fultz unless we are trading for the #1 pick... hopefully he pulls a steve francis and will deny the team who drafts him... speaking of the draft this coming Tuesday is the big day
Feel like we say this all the time but if Ricky Rubio couldnt manage to pull a Steve Francis, it will never happen again. 
laugh.gif

If I'm not mistaken the draft rules were different back then and a draftee had more rights when Francis was drafted than he does today. Nowadays a player can either play for the team that drafts him or not play in the NBA at all. So even if a draftee did try and pull a Francis it wouldnt be successful unless the team chose to oblige him, which is extremely unlikely, especially for a team drafting Fultz #1. Even Rubio was forced to go to Minnesota once he came to the NBA because they owned his rights, even though it was 2 years after they drafted him and he outspokenly didnt want to play there.

And the fact that NBA teams retain draft picks' rights for so long, they usually do not factor in whatsoever whether or not the player wants to play there or not. They kind of assume the draft pick will have to start his career there and hopefully grow to love it.

Kristaps Porzingis' brother, Janis Porzingis, says Porzingis wants to remain in New York but also wants the club to create an environment conducive to player development and winning. If he's traded, Porzingis' brother made it clear that Kristaps Porzingis intends to play out his contract and test free agency.

"Kris wants to stay in New York, he feels at home there. There is no question about it. The only thing he wants is for the Knicks to create an environment where he can develop and grow as a player and win," Janis Porzingis said in an interview with ESPN. "If he were traded he would play out his contract and head into free agency where he can choose his own destiny."

KP's rookie deal will outlast Phil's current deal right? If that's the case the I think we're safe to lock him up after his rookie deal

I lost faith in his potential.

Why?
This past season for one.

And don't go blaming Phil, the triangle, or the **** squad. I've seen him make decisions that are all on him that make me question if he could eveer be the centerpiece of building a playoff team let alone championship caliber one.

He can still prove me wrong though.

It also has nothing to do with him not being all-star putting #s up like Towns. That not how gauge my faith in young players.

Last edited:
KP isn't getting traded and y'all need to chill. He's the only good thing this franchise has. Melo needs to be set free, but I don't blame him for staying. I would do it too, just to piss off Phil.

Back
Top Bottom