Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Saying you lost faith in KP's potential is ridiculous. He is 7'3 and has all the tools in the world both offensively and defensively. Who else can you say that about? Sure this season was a bit of a disappointment, but if I went back to draft night 2015 and told anybody in this thread that KP would be averaging 18/7/2 with good efficiency by his 2nd season at 21 years old, yall would all be doing back flips. Let's not lose sight of that just because we maybe jumped the gun after his rookie year a bit. 
laugh.gif

And also just look at the situation he is in. He took a backseat offensively from his rookie season to 2nd season, which is just ridiculous for a player like him. Rose isnt a pass first PG and his team president openly scoffs when he shoots 3 pointers. All things considered, KP has been nothing but impressive and is absolutely loaded with potential which is why other (smart) organizations rushed to the phone lines at even the slightest hint that he could be gone.

Think of all the veterans in past years people thought might be washed but completely reinvented themselves in a different better circumstance. **** happens all the time in the NBA and I GUARANTEE it would 100% happen to Melo if he goes to the Clippers or Cavs or Boston this summer. But KP is a 21 year old brimming with potential already putting up gaudy numbers in an awful situation. If the Knicks somehow manage to not **** **** up this summer and draft KP a legitimate franchise PG to run with this summer, he will be just fine and even though he clearly wasnt hacked, that Clippers tweet will become just a thing of the distant past.

Thats IF the Knicks dont **** **** up, which is a major IF because I have pretty much lost all faith with this front office. The turmoil is at an all time high. But from a roster standpoint? Things really arent as bad as people make them out to be because of all the turmoil. At least not compared to the Isiaih/Layden years when we had no stars and no young talent and nobody with even any legitimate trade value.

Right now we have Melo, an emerging franchise player in KP who is only 21 and already established in this league with potential for so much more, and now another top 10 pick in a loaded draft where we have the potential to draft something we havent had since Clyde Frazier, a legitimate franchise PG. To put things in perspective Isiah/Layden never had any superstar talent to work with (unless you count that year and a half with Marbury before Larry ******* Brown) and had 2 combined picks in the top 10 of the draft in their combined 8 years running this organization (Michael Sweetney and Channing Frye, both #8).

Phil is about to pick higher (hopefully) than #8 for the 2nd time in 3 years. So yeah, if the Knicks front office suddenly became smart/competent, the situation at hand is clearly salvageable compared to what we have seen in the past where we were essentially the current BK Nets for a decade. But of course, thats also assuming Phil and co. dont **** it all up. A big time IF.

Last edited:
:lol: Bruh seasoned vets lose their way on this team, I imagine young players will have a tough time adjusting. Ya'll tripping doubting KP, especially given our record on nurturing young players.

KP was injured a few times this season, played without a pass first point guard who didn't exactly make the game easier for him, also behind a player of Melos caliber in a offensive system that was dysfunctional, averaging 18/7/2. If thats disappointing, then thats great. 

I hope we draft a pg. And use the cap space on a free agent who can actually contribute unlike Noah. And pass on signing Rose.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/09...hacked/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Listen, man. I had an episode on social media this summer, and the first thing I said was I was hacked. And then I thought about it and I said, “You know what? I wasn’t hacked.”

Kristaps, I’m sorry, but no one believes you. You weren’t hacked. You’re trying to go to the Clippers.

Kristaps, you lying, bro. You weren’t hacked. Maybe you was drunk, and your true feelings came out, and you tweeted your true feelings. But you weren’t hacked, my man. Trust me. I had worse episode than what you just did on social media, and the first thing I said was, “Aw, man. I was hacked.” It’s the first thing you think of. But, brother, if the Clippers is where you’re trying to go, come on to this West.
Draymond thinks KP wasnt hacked.
Who ******* cares what mushmouth green has to say

Wish someone would knock his donkey teeth out already

I also think Melo will be bought out. The package of Reddick and Rivers thats being rumored is terrible.

Knicks fans are just impatient AF. Yea lets just give up on KP because he isn't averaging the numbers Towns is.

Classic Knick way :lol: not an AS by the 2nd year then its time to move on. Too early to gve up on KP imo even if he's given up on the Knicks :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom