Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The triangle is back and Jeff Hornacek said management will use remaining months to determine which players fit system and which don't.
laugh.gif
See now yall want to keep turning this around on Phil but what coach waits to damn near the end of the season to start assessing which players fit the system. That's something you do in summer camp/preseason. So was this a practice tryout let's see how it goes season?

Gotta call Horny out on this incompetence. He needs to stop talking to the media.
this are philip's wims. hornacek is just following orders

See now yall want to keep turning this around on Phil but what coach waits to damn near the end of the season to start assessing which players fit the system. That's something you do in summer camp/preseason. So was this a practice tryout let's see how it goes season?

Gotta call Horny out on this incompetence. He needs to stop talking to the media.

None of this :lol:

I've felt all season and still feel Horny is a good coach

We have no idea how much or how little a role Phil is playing within the system so I'm withholding all Horny judgement 

What a ******* weirdo.
roll.gif

I think Jeff is a really good coach, Phil is just too hands on.

I'm all for sabotaging the season with the triangle, though.

Last edited:
I think Jeff is a fine coach in today's NBA, he gets the way the league is trending and the important principles to stress.

Me thinks Phil gets one more year and then when we still suck next year that's probably the end of the rope for him.

Dolan should do something useful for once in his life and fire Phil. but Phil probably goes to all of his shows, so i guess you can't fire your biggest fan.

^

It won't make a difference if Dolan's still running the team

He needs to sell his team to someone who prefers winning over selling tickets

The worst thing about Jeff is that we'll never know what he could've done had he not had Phil and Rambis standing over him. Didn't really come together for him in PHX for long either between all the injuries and trades

that was a bad post
It's the truth. The last few things Horny has said that deal with a coach should do makes him sound dumb as ****.

Swap out triangle for anything else and you know that sounds like a dumb *** coach.

Imagine if he wanted to run and fun like Pringles and was saying just now is when he started looking at what players work in a fast paced offnse. It's ridiculous.

Like I get yall saying Phil forced the triangle but that doesn't excuse the dumb **** Horny saying.
at least Horny has talked to the media. where's his dumbass president of basketball ops? **** Phil to the fullest, bc i bet he's the one forcing the triangle yet again. you must really be an idiot if you think Horny really wants to run the triangle.
It doesn't matter if he wants to run it or not. I have no doubt just like with Fisher before you even get hired Phil straight up says toured king the triangle. Its not forced, it's mandatory.

So Horny must be a dumbass idiot for taking the job knowing this. I find it especially weird the things he choses to say to the media when it comes to what's expected of him as a coach. I remember him as a player and the system he played in and honestly don't fmget these stupid as comments.

Why doesn't he just quit?

The triangle is back and Jeff Hornacek said management will use remaining months to determine which players fit system and which don't.

:lol:

[thread="653116"] [/thread]
this are philip's wims. hornacek is just following orders
Assessing which players fit the triangle now is a Phil whim?

Somebody tell Horny stop talking to the media. Following orders don't mean you gotta be a puppet.
^

It won't make a difference if Dolan's still running the team

He needs to sell his team to someone who prefers winning over selling tickets
I actually can't wait to see the reactions when Phil is gone and these guys see who Dolan hires next :lol:

Then whether they're happy with who it is or not Dolan goes back to interfering constantly.

The cycle is sick. Dolan probably will sign Vince Carter and raise ticket prices and then force a Dwayne Wade trade and raise them again.

Last edited:
Lol at that report that at least one GM tried to contact PJ before the trade deadline and couldn't reach him.

You can't make this stuff up

I've talked to a lot of teams, and it’s not just the media that he’s not out in the public with. He’s not an easy man to get in touch with. If you’re going to try to make a trade proposal with the Knicks, you’re not going to Phil Jackson. You’re going to Steve Mills. And that’s how it’s been for teams in the trade process.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27...son-for-trade-calls-settling-for-steve-mills/

Phil literally gives no damns

I do not blame a single player for wanting to leave this team. Doesn't matter if you're Carmelo or if you're the 13th man on the team. Toxic environment.

Last edited:
I'm not saying the triangle is on him but right now he's looking unprepared incompetent.

Last edited:
Lol at that report that at least one GM tried to contact PJ before the trade deadline and couldn't reach him.

I've talked to a lot of teams, and it’s not just the media that he’s not out in the public with. He’s not an easy man to get in touch with. If you’re going to try to make a trade proposal with the Knicks, you’re not going to Phil Jackson. You’re going to Steve Mills. And that’s how it’s been for teams in the trade process.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27...son-for-trade-calls-settling-for-steve-mills/

I do not blame a single player for wanting to leave this team. Doesn't matter if you're Carmelo or if you're the 13th man on the team. Toxic environment.
Wait. How is it toxic?

If nobody can contact Phil and he's not even doing trade deals its a good thing.

Sounds like a dude getting paid to talk **** from afar :lol:

Wait. How is it toxic?

If nobody can contact Phil and he's not even doing trade deals its a good thing.

Zik, it's not a good thing if the GM delegates his job lol

Maybe this year it's a good thing because you guys seem to want to stand pat mostly and tank. But, if this is how Phil has been operating since the beginning then no wonder the Knicks suck.

Last edited:

Wait. How is it toxic?

Zik, it's not a good thing if the GM delegates his job lol

Maybe this year it's a good thing because you guys seem to want to stand pat mostly and tank. But, if this is how Phil has been operating since the beginning then no wonder the Knicks suck.
Well Phil is president of operations. Mills actually is the GM.

It's not like we found out Allan Houston (asst. GM) has been the voice of the Knicks cuz Phil is off on a walkabout.

Now, Phil is president and is running the whole show and that involves w/e GM duties and yes it's not a good look if no team can reach him at the trade deadline but nobody knows the structure. Maybe Phil has everything running through Steve who has certain things to keep in mind and when it pops up he contacts Phil.

Or maybe Phil is just talking **** from afar on the day to day.

I mean I look at a set up like Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh. You can't tell me Bird is on the phone for every proposed deal. Plus it sends a message of who is in charge if dudes are not on the same page. Why bother with Walsh of Bird is doing his job?

This ain't like JKidd or Thibbs or Doc or SVG where they're in charge of everything top to bottom except ow ing the team.

As far as Phil, trades, and Mills only being the guy available to talk to indont see how its toxic. More like a joke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom