Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

LBJ took 80 mill

What kind of sacrifices has Melo made to turn NYK to championship contenders? 4 mill less then the max
laugh.gif

Yall keep sucking that mans groin, and keep wishing he gets a ring somewhere else tho.
WTF are you getting at with LeBron? He's making more money every year than Melo by a good amount (Around 8MIL per).

Seriously, man. I don't understand the thinking of people like this 
laugh.gif

WTF more did you want from Melo? What has he ever done that has gone against the best interest of the franchise? He's bought into every BS scheme any coach or GM sold him and has been nothing but class through the mess that is this god awful franchise. He's done everything he's been asked to do no questions asked no matter how much he didn't agree with whatever is being spewed at him. Never once said anything bad about the Knicks and continues to speak on how he wants to go out and represent the Knicks. I swear some of y'all just want Melo to be LeBron so bad and then go out and slander the man because he's not. Dudes like this won't be satisfied until we get the next MJ or LeBron. And even then y'all will turn when it's not instant success. Most Knick fans are just tabloid/ESPN junkies that read into every narrative in the book and its sickening

Good things Phil has done:

- Drafting Porzingis & trading for Hernangomez
- Signing Courtney Lee
- Hiring Hornacek (maybe...?)

Feel free to add on to the list

Last edited:
Good things Phil has done:

- Drafting Porzingis & trading for Hernangomez
- Signing Courtney Lee

Feel free to add on to the list
I agree on those 2 things but Phil got lucky as hell with KP. Still say he deserves ZERO credit for that pick because he would've taken Okafor even if we had the #1 pick 
mean.gif

Melo's contract has absolutely nothing to do with why we suck. $24M for a player of his caliber is actually good value.

mean.gif
 Nothing tho, it's not the whole reason why we suck. No

DeRozen is that #1 option.

Multiple X's I've seen people with good sense in here say Melo will not win a ring unless he will accept that he needs to be #3 take less help bring in more pieces, stop texting LBJ late at night.

The whole reason we suck is because we resigned the one star player who's willing to play here. :lol:

You got it man

Yo we really wasted prime years of a top 5 scoring forward in NBA history.

The Knicks are truly a terrible franchise. Dude has had what 5/6 coaches and how many new teammates since he got here? :smh:

How did we let Carmelo Anthony's career rot away?

Incredible.

Dude needs to free himself this summer.

Top 5 is debatable but I here you.

At the end of the day, I don't feel bad for Melo cause what hurt is career is his own lack of foresight.

He could have waited to come here instead and sign as a free agent instead of pushing gutting our squad and pushing for the trade to make a few more dollars in the short run.

He could have done the smart thing and signed elsewhere a few summers back. Houston/Chicago were ready made situations for him.

His career in terms of team accomplishments fell way short of where it should have but when you hinge yourselves to the Knicks I don't feel bad about that.

MSG was tired of this star players ISO thus the BOOOOOOOOOOS

200,000 people who don't know bball too right?

He a max player tho
laugh.gif

Top 5 is debatable but I here you.

At the end of the day, I don't feel bad for Melo cause what hurt is career is his own lack of foresight.

He could have waited to come here instead and sign as a free agent instead of pushing gutting our squad and pushing for the trade to make a few more dollars in the short run.

He could have done the smart thing and signed elsewhere a few summers back. Houston/Chicago were ready made situations for him.

His career in terms of team accomplishments fell way short of where it should have but when you hinge yourselves to the Knicks I don't feel bad about that.
Chants MVP for Metta

It's comical how blind you are to all this, man

You act like Carmelo's contract has us tied up financially which is doesn't at all

We've had plenty of money to spend and bring in a max player

We see Melo actively recruiting and eating dinner with the top FA every damn summer. He can't help it if management has never put a solid team around him to entice players to wanna commit

The only time LeBron has ever done ANYTHING contract or money wise to help the team is when he already had COMMITMENTS from those players to either stay and resign or come join him.

HE WOULDN'T HAVE GONE TO MIAMI IF BOSH WASNT GOING AND HE WOULDN'T HAVE CAME BACK TO CLEVELAND IF LOVE DIDN'T COMMIT TO RESIGN AND PLAY THERE LONG TERM

It's not like LeBron said "Hey let me take less then the max so we can try and bring player in" NO he said "Okay I'll take less than the max for X amount of years but only because he said and he said they're coming here too" Those are 2 totally different things. But nah, you're still stuck in the bubble that Carmelo should be LeBron

The Melo trade hurt us more than his extension or his contract before that. During that period unlike Bron and Wade before them, Melo did not coordinate with CP3 to get here by taking less but I see why neither would want to be on a team where STAT is getting paid more than them.

Melo isn't the reason we suck. Dolan is. Its always been that way. Somebody broke it down since 2001. It's been **** show after **** show.

Can't put this all on Melo.

Cuz in a couple years it's gonna be KP hearing the boos.

Back
Top Bottom