OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB  22m22 minutes ago
 27-yr-old Scotty Walden produced D3's No. 1 O, joins OC Shannon Dawson (another guy from Hal Mumme system) at #USM: http://foxs.pt/2muPjJB 
Vice Sports piece on him from October https://sports.vice.com/en_us/artic...ungest-college-football-head-coach-in-america
 Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams  42m42 minutes ago
 UT hire of athletic director took some interesting turns. Read my column at

http://gridironnow.com/inside-story-tennessee-hiring-john-currie/

* Not all members of the search committee were aware that Currie was instrumental in having Fulmer fired in 2008 and didn’t know Currie and Fulmer have a strained relationship.

* Currie reached out to Fulmer through a phone message but Fulmer has not yet responded.

* One reason Fulmer pushed for the AD job is he didn’t want Currie to get it.

While Currie’s hiring has been praised by some, mostly on the national scene, many closer to UT object to the hiring. Currie had a tenuous relationship with some UT coaches and boosters when he was an assistant athletic director at Tennessee.

Currie has been described as arrogant, cocky and condescending. But age and maturity may have changed things; he was in his late 20s when he started at UT and was in late 30s when he left. He’s now in his mid-40s.

He did not have a good relationship with former K-State basketball coach Frank Martin, who left for South Carolina, or current Wildcats football coach Bill Snyder. But in both cases, you could argue Currie wasn’t out of line, even though the coaches were angered.

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks Text from NFL exec-- biggest talk at Combine, and it's not close--USC QB is rare. (It's tough to ignore him when you're studying other guys)

It's gonna be extra painful when he's an average NFL player.

Brian Hightower
smokin.gif
'Canes have been doing a bang up job on the recruiting trail lately. I'm ready for the National Titles to start running through state of FL again. The late '80s and the '90s were special for Floridians. If Richt keeps it, it's gonna be the old days sooner rather than later.

This class is going to be special. And we have a weak schedule this year. Perfect for a new QB [emoji]128064[/emoji]

This class is going to be special. And we have a weak schedule this year. Perfect for a new QB [emoji]128064[/emoji]
8-4
No chance with that schedule and defense.
Miami lucked out with getting a bye before GT.  I'm sure PJ blew up Swofford's line about that 
laugh.gif

I wouldn't sleep on Toledo tho, they're my pick to win the MAC.  Should be a top 50ish team next year, and that's the game after FSU. 

How do you guys feel about holding on to Sitkowski if Michigan misses on DTR?

Michigan hasn't even been recruiting him. Once QBs commit they usually stick anyways barring some nonsense. His top WR being committed helps and he has a few more teammates that are going to jump on board. No worry at all right now. And Michigan is going to land DTR anyways :lol:

My bad, I thought that kid was second on their board for some reason. 

I hope so 
laugh.gif
, Michigan hasn't had much success against Westwood in recruiting tho. 

Last edited:
I think that they were big on Sitkowski early but that changed for whatever reason. And DTR's mom being a Michigan alum leaves me no worries.

I think that they were big on Sitkowski early but that changed for whatever reason. And DTR's mom being a Michigan alum leaves me no worries.

Sitkowski threw for the coaches last summer and they havent been in contact since... Take it FWIW

Why would florida be DBU? Serious question. Not close.

Dee Delaney from Citadel to Miami as a grad transfer is a great pickup.

Matt Elam

Will Hill

Joe Haden

Reggie Nelson

Louichez Purifoy

Janoris Jenkins

Josh Evans

Major Wright

Jaylen Watkins

Marcus Roberson

Vernon Hargreaves

Quinton Dunbar

Current DBs in the NFL with 3 more at minimum with Tabor, Wilson, and Maye being locks to be drafted this year. Don't be disrespectful. And that's just out of the last 10 years I'm guessing with Reggie being the eldest.

+plus Keanu Neal and Brian Poole who were having great rookie seasons until the Superbowl

8-4

No chance with that schedule and defense.

Is there any way to favorite this post and save it to my NT account for later? :lol:

Do what you gotta do. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Only tough road game we have is FSU. VTech and UNC lost a lot, and we get ND at home. Losing 4 regular season games with that schedule would be a failure.

I'd rather have him in the late to mid first than Watson, or Mitch early.

He's got the highest upside of any QB in this draft. You just have to be comfortable that his game is essentially Bandziel on roids.

Back
Top Bottom