OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Briles defends himself, asks regents for transparency[/h1]
“Despite the insistence of certain people, I can remain silent no longer,” the letter begins.

“Let me be clear,” Briles wrote. “I did not cover up sexual violence. I had no contact with anyone that claimed to be a victim of sexual or domestic assault. Anyone well-versed in my work as a coach knows that I strove to promote excellence but never at the sacrifice of safety for anyone. I did not obstruct justice on campus or off.”

In the new statement, Briles said when he was alerted of an alleged assault, his response was that the complainant should go to police. He also said he never knowingly played anyone with a sexual assault allegation against him.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher...f-1782-5d9a-8405-e32f472c6f28.html?TNNoMobile
Lest we forget his leaked texts:
In a Sept. 13, 2013, incident, Shillinglaw allegedly sent Briles a text after learning that a player had “exposed himself” in front of a female masseuse and “asked for favors,” an incident which the woman’s lawyer asked the football coaches “to handle with discipline and counseling.” When Briles asked if the woman were a “stripper” and Shillinglaw informed him she worked at a spa, Briles allegedly responded, “Not quite as bad.”

-----

The document reveals discussions between athletic director Ian McCaw and Briles over an alleged gang rape involving five players, according to the Houston Chronicle. When McCaw informed Briles of the incident — keeping it under wraps instead of going to the authorities — Briles looked at the names on the piece of paper and told McCaw, according to the document, “Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?”

Last edited:
Tennessee admin had one job. ONE.

Smh

[emoji]128169[/emoji]

Would you have rather had Fat Phil as AD? :lol:

Being known as an AD that ran off Frank Martin and couldn't get along with Bill Snyder can't be good for attracting quality potential HC candidates if Butch gets the boot. 

Was there ever any discussion about waiting it out one more year and offering to let the next HC pick his own guy if the team crumbles under Butch again?  I can't see a guy like Chip or any other big name wanting to work for an AD like that. 

Last edited:
David Blackburn was theeeeee guy. They ****** it all the way up in the 1st two weeks of the search.

Im working from the inside on this one Gunna: Blackburn's stock was too high to risk him walking into a landmine, alma mater or not. I think he is smart for it. Word on the street is another Title IX suit is on the way, they were just waiting for a new AD to get named :smh:

SC just hired Western Kentucky's passing game coordinator/WR coach/RB coach under Jeff Brohm as a quality control coach. That WKU offense was great last year and he called plays in the bowl game after Brohm left for Purdue and WKU put up 51 on Memphis. Good/necessary hire.

Yup. Helton and Tee seem to love Brohm's spread-pro offense at WKU. If he flames out at Purdue, I bet I know where he ends up.

Last edited:
 “Over the course of the last several years, he and Bill Snyder did not see eye-to-eye on a lot of things,” Wallace said. “When you’re in a one-on-one conversation with Bill Snyder, as we’ve been told there has been numerous meetings between Bill Snyder and John Currie one-on-one, and they didn’t go very well very often. In one particular instance, Bill Snyder was getting up to leave the conversation and it wasn’t one that I guess was going well as far as he had seen. John Currie tells Bill Snyder to ‘sit his *** down,’ (and) that doesn’t really go over very well.”
 Currie possesses another trait Wallace said can be a turn off to some coaches.
“I think the other thing that coaches are going to have to think about is, at least if they dig a little bit about who John Currie is as an athletic director, is the compliance issue,” Wallace said. “Obviously, he’s going to put out and he’s going to kind of pump up the fact that he’s always had clean programs across the board.

“He is beyond compliant. He almost goes to the level of like creating his own rules to make sure that actual rules don’t get broken. It’s white or black with John Currie, and he definitely wants you to try and stay on the side that’s not going to even have any investigations linked to it.”
http://gridironnow.com/john-currie-bill-snyder-kansas-state-tennessee/

UNC moving from Nike to Jordan Brand uniforms starting this year.
smokin.gif
Are you guys getting a redesign or are they just slapping the jumpman on your current setup?

Jenn Sterger still #1 all time hottest over Jenn Brown, Molly McGrath, Laura Rutledge, Kristen Kenney

Auburn's moving Byron Cowart inside, probably to try to salvage his career. 

@Nako XL  didn't you mention something earlier about Mama declaring because he didn't think he could improve his stock much with another year?  Did he seriously not think an off season reshaping his body would have any effect on his play/stock?  

He doesn't carry his weight well. 

Last edited:
Not a fan of Jenn Brown. She kinda ugly.

Yes to Molly McGrath.

Would like to see less of Sam Ponder. Isn't she taking over for Chris Berman?

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne

Yup. Word was A. He HATED having to go to school B. His fam needed the money C. Someone had convinced him his stock wouldn't get much higher than it was and he'd put together a string of good games where he was grading out great so might as well jump.

He was actually in better shape than prior years this season. There was talk about how another year would help all the OL get in even better shape (Banner lost a ton of bad weight too) considering how slow and weak they're looking but people were saying Mama probably wouldn't have changed his body that much. He's all talent and aggression, I don't know if he's a weight room warrior.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Jenn Brown. She kinda ugly.

Yes to Molly McGrath.

Would like to see less of Sam Ponder. Isn't she taking over for Chris Berman?
Yep, hopefully Molly replaces her.  I've always found Cassidy Hubbarth the other possible replacement to be kind of annoying TBH. 

I'd also like to see Jen Lada get bumped up the cfb totem pole.
 Awful Announcing‏ @awfulannouncing  17h17 hours ago
 Kaylee Hartung reportedly leaving ESPN for CNN http://dlvr.it/NXHlt2 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom