OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Edward Egros‏Verified account @EdwardEgrosFox4  3h3 hours ago
 Desoto ISD is expected to fire head football coach Todd Peterman, the coach who led the school to its only state championship last season.
It's rumored they're firing him because the school board wants a black coach?

Last edited:
That's a twist. And unlikely.
 Zachary Orr‏Verified account @ZO35  3h3 hours ago
 As crazy as this might sound there are members on the school board who don't want Peterman because he is WHITE!! Which is sickening.
Current Baltimore Ravens LB and former DeSoto player.  Peterman won DeSoto (which is over 80% black) their first state championship last season, and finished undefeated in TX's second highest classification. 
 Alice Barr‏Verified account @AliceBarrNBC5  1h1 hour ago
 Terry Orr, ex-NFL&dad of #Desoto grad&ex-NFL Zach Orr @ZO35, speaks against poss firing of head football coach, rumors bc he's white @NBCDFW

Mike Leslie‏Verified account @MikeLeslieWFAA  8m8 minutes ago
 A current Desoto volunteer coach, Mitch Ward, calls tonight's potential removal of Todd Peterman "a white man's lynching".

Last edited:

The biggest remaining question about Michigan’s football schedule is where the night games will fall.

Yes, plural.

Michigan did not play a home night game last season but could have a number of them, including more than one at Michigan Stadium this year.

“It is a possibility,” U-M athletic director Warde Manuel told the Free Press today. “When the schedules come out, we can have up to two night games.”

Among those under consideration is the Oct. 7 game against Michigan State, a rivalry matchup previously considered off-limits when it was solely up to the schools' administration.

“Could be,” Manuel said of the MSU possibility.

The past hesitation centered around additional security concerns, beyond those for a night game against a different opponent. The game usually has a number of fans at either school who visit and remain outside the stadium tailgating, an addition that is far less frequent at other games during the season.

“It’s still a concern,” Manuel said. “The only difference is, the Big Ten and television can assign us to a primetime game and it’s not our option. In November, we have the option if we choose to do so. I don’t anticipate that choice being made.”

Which means Ohio State on Nov. 25 is not a consideration.
Finnaly, it's about time 
pimp.gif

I only thought FSU fans had a disdain for them. Outside of Mariota, I felt their entire team acted like idiots in their Rose Bowl whoopin' they put on my 'Noles. Which is sad, because FSU surely is not leading the charge in class a lot of years. In any case, never had I cheered on tOSU so hard. In fact, it was one of the more satisfying beatings I've witnessed.
I'm just excited to see the program die
See above. Plus, I'm sure I'm looking through my homer glasses, but ... I don't recall such an arrogant program that pounding their chest so hard about how elite they were but never won a NC. A shame, because Marcus is a standup person; I really like that kid. Certainly didn't fit the "Oregon" mold from my perspective.
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne  

Edward Egros‏Verified account @EdwardEgrosFox4  3h3 hours ago
 Desoto ISD is expected to fire head football coach Todd Peterman, the coach who led the school to its only state championship last season.
It's rumored they're firing him because the school board wants a black coach?
Pathetic if true.  I have to be honest, either I was blind when I was younger or this the most racially charged era I can recall in my 39, almost 40 years ... went to a high school with a large black population as well. 

And regarding QBs/colleges. Again maybe I'm looking through homer glasses, but if you're a young QB and want to make it to the NFL, FSU would be one of my top choices ... last 3 starting QBs were first round picks, Francois is trending in that direction, you're in a pro offense and Jimbo has had 2 #1 overall QBs. Now, that said, most have had pretty average careers with the exception of Jameis. And of course there's always one of the biggest busts in NFL history in JaMarcus Russel, but if you want to get at least get drafted and get a paycheck for a few years, working under Fisher is a good start. My humble opinion of course.

Last edited:
Here's a hypothetical.  Say you're an '18 recruit, you can pick your position if you'd like, and you have your choice of any school(s) in the country. What would your list be (List 10-20 schools. Less if you so choose)? You can give your reasons why, or they can be just because you just like the school; it's really up to you.

Tbh, 17-18 year old me would probably commit to Arizona for the yambz like Gronk did

Here's a hypothetical.  Say you're an '18 recruit, you can pick your position if you'd like, and you have your choice of any school(s) in the country. What would your list be (List 10-20 schools. Less if you so choose)? You can give your reasons why, or they can be just because you just like the school; it's really up to you.
Tbh, 17-18 year old me would probably commit to Arizona for the yambz like Gronk did
Can't same I blame ya. It's what makes USC, UCLA, and ASU appealing, too. Although, the only 2 schools out West I'd probably heavily consider as a recruit would be USC and Stanford. Outside of that, tOSU and UM,  it's Texas to Florida for the other 90%+ of the schools.

Thinking with my brain and not my penis though, I would probably choose between Miami, USC, and Texas.

My factors would be:
1. NFL prospects
2. Program history/prestige
3. Academics
4. Location (would rather live in a city than a college town)
5. Weather (would want to go to school somewhere warm)

Those three schools check all my boxes, the ultimate decision would come down to the school visits and which coach I like best.

With the rules changes the NCAA deaded Klemm to SC, and with his show cause they can't take him on in any other role.

Anyone have any thoughts on Mychale Salahuddin from the DC area they can share? He's looking like the only RB SC will take this cycle. Has offers from Oklahoma, UNC, Arkansas, Tennessee, Michigan State, VTech and a bunch of other Eastern schools.

TMZ reporting Ohio State draft prospect, cornerback Gareon Conley accused of rape:
"According to a police report filed in Cleveland, a 23-year-old white female told police Conley violated her in a hotel suite bathroom at a Westin hotel on April 9.

According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in an elevator and he asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his. The woman says she declined and offered to watch the other people have sex instead. A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, "No, stop, it hurts!" but he kept going until he finished. She says he then kicked her out of the hotel room.

The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a "black male who wouldn't take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm."

Water in take.
It happens all the time.

Not even a masking agent.

If your pee is too clear there will be no result on a drug test. Usually takes an hour to get back to normal levels. Smh it's a dumb controversy and some **** that means nothing

Back
Top Bottom