OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching the Bama spring game, it's just not fair man. Pro talent top to bottom.

Kinda want a rematch though.
Careful what you wish for. Sept 2nd has me worried, man ...

Rough way to kickoff the season. In any case, ole Nicky Pooh trying to talk like FSU is elite at the moment, playing mind games with our kids lol. I'll worry about elite talk after win a few more NCs under Jimbo. Until then, we're just a good team with holes. Backup QB has me worried sick, too, especially if Consetino is named the #2.  I'd feel more comfortable with Bailey Hockman in the game against 'Bama. Hell, maybe even Cam Akers considering he was a QB in HS.

Last edited:

The Solid Verbal‏Verified account @SolidVerbal  7h7 hours ago
 [emoji]9728[/emoji]️ SUNDAY LISTENING [emoji]9728[/emoji]️

Special production on how coaches get hired w/ 

@38Godfrey @BruceFeldmanCFB @Andy_Staples 

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/21/1...st-2017-coach-hiring-process-texas-oregon-lsu
 Paula Lavigne‏Verified account @pinepaula  13h13 hours ago
 OTL: Complaints by injured athletes of mistreatment, coaches influencing medical care go beyond football at Indiana

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/19211268

Last edited:

Here's a hypothetical.  Say you're an '18 recruit, you can pick your position if you'd like, and you have your choice of any school(s) in the country. What would your list be (List 10-20 schools. Less if you so choose)? You can give your reasons why, or they can be just because you just like the school; it's really up to you.
Offense: WR
I want to play in an offense where I can have fairly pro-style route tree, somewhere with lots of tradition, and an offense where a fairly productive reeiver can have good to great season with high draft stock coming out of school. Also looking at academics. Also want a cool coach.

1.USC
2. Washington
3. Michigan (simple preference over PSU)
4. Penn State
5. Oklahoma
6. Alabama (academics)

Defense: FS
I am looking to go to a school with great tradition, a great home field to play on, and a defense that is usually stout and allows their DB's to play aggressive. I want the school to be a DB factory where I can sit 2-3 years, [lay 1-2 then get drafted. I also want a good degree in case I get hurt.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida
4.Ohio State
5. Florida State
6. Alabama ( worst academic rep)

I am a firm believer that the perennial powerhouse school kids usually have inflated draft stock
smokin.gif
A DB list without Miami on it is crazy...

Best NFL Factories: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...tball-programs-produce-best-worst-nfl-players

Last edited:
Schools i'd want to go to if i were a specific position:

QB: USC
WR: USC
RB: Bama or tOSU
OL: Bama
TE: Stanford or Miami

LB: USC
CB: Toss up between tOSU and LSU
DL: Bama
DE: Bama

personal preferences. Don't shoot me.

QB: USC or Texas 
WR: USC or FAU
RB: tO$U or USC
OL: Stanford
TE: Stanford or Miami

LB: USC, Alabama, or tO$U
CB: tO$U, LSU, or UW
DL: Stanford or Alabama

S: USC, UW, or Alabama

Special teams: USC (although I know the person who tutored Aguayo at FSU and heard that dude was living)

Last edited:
My **** expired a few weeks ago and I don't have my 360 anymore. Need the XB1 to put it on backwards compatibility.

UF would have been on my list for DB's if i had three choices. Uni's were the deciding factors when i chose tOSU and LSU.

Article is three years old but:
Draft picks the last 25 years:  17, including Stanley HaviliJoe McKnightReggie Bush, LenDale White and Ricky Ervins.
The skinny:  In terms of numbers, it's the Trojans and everybody else as they've had more backs drafted in the past quarter century than any other school. A number of them have had good careers. However, similar to the situation with Trojans quarterbacks, the hit percentage for starting NFL rushers isn't what it should be with 17 draft picks. If you look back even further, USC would shoot up the rankings, but lately it hasn't lived up to its historical reputation in terms of impact tailbacks.

Draft picks the last 25 years:  13, including Eddie LacyTrent RichardsonLe'Ron McClain  and Shaun Alexander.
The skinny:  We had grown accustomed to seeing a Crimson Tide back drafted every two or three years, but thanks to Nick Saban, we're seeing one picked just about every year. Shaun Alexander is the headliner of the group but there are some quality names up and down the Tide's list. Six of the 13 drafted turned into starters and the future is bright with T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry in Tuscaloosa.
Go back even further, and SC has much more of a running backs tradition than any other school. Plus Bama made Derrick Henry carry the ball 46 and 44 times in back to back games because their QB couldn't throw a forward pass. Eww. 

I'd also never willingly live in Tuscaloosa for 4 years if it can be helped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom