Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manny is good but not elite anymore. Should just retire. He has achieved more than he could wish for considering he has nothing growing up and just a skinny kid from a province. Moving up multiple weight classes and winning multiple divisions.

In retrospect, the biggest loser this year is Danny Garcia. He had the chance to fight this faded Pacquiao and raise his profile. Instead he fought Thurman, lost his 0 and his belt.
Nah it's Broner. 

Whatever he's getting for paid for Mikey probably pales in comparison to what a Pac payday would have gotten him. 

After getting washed by Mikey dude is going to be relegated to gatekeeper status.  Danny still has a decent career ahead of him. 

In retrospect, the biggest loser this year is Danny Garcia. He had the chance to fight this faded Pacquiao and raise his profile. Instead he fought Thurman, lost his 0 and his belt.

Nah it's Broner. 

Whatever he's getting for paid for Mikey probably pales in comparison to what a Pac payday would have gotten him. 

After getting washed by Mikey dude is going to be relegated to gatekeeper status.  Danny still has a decent career ahead of him. 

Well, I think Danny Garcia would beat this version of Pacquiao. Plus i think the Pacquiao-Swift negotiations were more serious since he held the WBC belt. Broner, I am not so sure if he could've beaten Pacquiao last night. :lol: He would've gotten paid though.

Nah, I definitely agree with view that DSG would have beaten Pac, and Broner would have still probably lost.

But what l was trying to get at is that even after losing to washed up Pac, Broner still would have probably had another big payday down the line. I think he's done as a legitimate draw if he gets washed by Mikey.

Nah, I definitely agree with view that DSG would have beaten Pac, and Broner would have still probably lost.

But what l was trying to get at is that even after losing to washed up Pac, Broner still would have probably had another big payday down the line. I think he's done as a legitimate draw if he gets washed by Mikey.

This. He's def done if he gets washed or even loses to Mikey. This is literally the last straw for him.

DSG was stupid for not taking that PAC fight. He likely would of faced this same washed PAC and won and had more time to duck and dodge the top fighters still with the 0 under his record.

Speaking of that who is Danny facing next?

This. He's def done if he gets washed or even loses to Mikey. This is literally the last straw for him.

DSG was stupid for not taking that PAC fight. He likely would of faced this same washed PAC and won and had more time to duck and dodge the top fighters still with the 0 under his record.

Speaking of that who is Danny facing next?

Nothing scheduled yet. Probably someone with a recognizable name who is a cherry, someone like Collazo.

I see what Bobby is saying but I believe that Garcia lost more in relation to how much it would've elevated his career relative to where he was had he fought and beaten Pacquiao instead of fighting Thurman. Broner would've gotten a big payday, probably lose the fight, and still sort of stayed where he was. Simply because the expectations we have of him are so low. Him fighting Pacquiao was a win-win situation no matter the result as long as he doesn't lose in humiliating fashion.

Last edited:
crazy how things work. i was trying to put $500 on pac win by decision but the system kept declining my card. would of been F'd had that bet gone through 

He should have fought Pac last year then went on to fight Thurman.

But yeah, sucks cause now Danny in limbo. I see him lobbying to fight Horn now.

I mean I agree I'm not a dsg fan like that but I feel like the current pacquiao would give him huge problems. I wanna see him fight Terence since it seems like they want manny out of boxing now. I know it won't happen cuz he's coming off an L and needs a tune up but most of Danny's fights have been tune up guys. They been protecting son for the longest

Last edited:
Danny gotta show more hunger/desire to me. If I was coming off my first L and lost my belts I would have been had my next fight lined up and been ready to get back in that ring and get some W's and get back into the swing of things to compete for a title. He fought in March and It's now July and he chillin with nothing in sight smh

Right now he just seems content with securing that bag and chillin.

I don't think they've ever hidden the fact that they're about that money given what Angel has said in the press.

They seem to have a different business model. Fight. Get on the gram. Stunt. Sell clothes, make appearances etc.

Not a lot of boxers can do that so I can't blame them for milking that for all it's worth.

While still coming off a title fight against what may be the #1 WW in the world.

Is Danny really getting bread like that from appearances and merchandise?

Homie is a Rican who don't speak Spanish, and who most Ricans really don't **** with like that.  It's probably part of the reason why Angel goes on the anti-immigrant diatribes that he does. 

I'm not pocket watching like that. But I don't know anybody who buys those clothes and somehow they just opened up a brick and mortar store in Philly and are still producing them.

And I see him posting flyers for appearances here and there.

Which is, again, more than I can say for most boxers. So I can't knock their hustle.

Honestly, considering the "social media" era we live in, they've played the game very well IMO.

You would be mistaken to believe that he is a boxer "most Ricans really don't **** with like that".

Most of the Latinos of Puerto Rican origin in America were born in America (like Danny) and not all of them speak Spanish.

Last edited:
Is that just an Island thing then?

Besides a few Chi transplants we really don't get many Ricans up here, but online at least he has never seemed to be as popular as Cotto at a similar point of his career, or even Verdejo. 

And it's not like either of those dudes don't come with their own flaws as well.  Cotto has always been described as a bit of an *******, and Verdejo is looking like a bust. 

Last edited:
It's definitely more of an island thing. People on the island do still **** with Danny though.

Guys like Cotto and Verdejo spend the early part of their career fighting in PR so it's a different level of attachment. Danny has had I think one fight there? Which he basically lost.

But Cotto was a beast. Olympian (I think that still means something when you represent the island in the games. And in amateur tournaments. Hence Verdejo), 4 division world champion.

Danny's career is nowhere near there and may never get there. And maybe he knows that, which might be why he's playing things different.

Last edited:
I'm Rican and the Ricans def **** with Danny. Cotto is a legend just like Tito was for Ricans cause they came from the Island, came to the states and got busy. I'm from Chicago and ALL the Ricans mess with danny.

It's certainly an Island thing, we hold our own down regardless and ride for ours, it's that national pride, but the fact he doesn't speak spanish well doesn't make him less of a Puerto Rican, that falls more on the parents and his upbringing. His father talks alot of spanish and perfect, Danny just grew up where english was his first language. I'm the same way, but my spanish is def better than dannys 
laugh.gif
 my grandparents and mom made sure I spoke it from a young age and it's benefited me since now I'm in Miami and that's all everyone speaks down here.

Danny is def milking this for everything he can get, he's put himself in an amazing position financially I'll say that. I think I saw something like his sisters are going to be on MTV My super sweet 16 or some ****. The only boxer I've seen execute that model of box, gram, sell clothes, host some clubs and pool parties effectively is Floyd.  Danny is def trying to follow in that foot steps.

I just want to see him hungry to go out there and have people put some respect on his name. He's got a chin of steel and def can get busy with people despite his flaws, he should still be getting big fights.

Unrelated to the discussion at hand but Danny's relationship with Angel reminds me of Lonzo Ball's realationship with Lavar :lol:

Both seemingly chill dudes with outlandish fathers.

If DSG fought Pacquiao, that fight would've been PPV and then his fight vs Thurman would also be PPV. So he missed out on two PPV's. Now he probably won't ever headline a PPV.

Y'all assuming Danny beats Pac at the time that fight was being discussed tho? I think the Manny that beat Vargas woulda been a tough fight for DSG.

I'm still trying to figure out what made the difference in the Horn fight tho. Did he just get old overnight or was it the fouls, did he look past him, I dunno.

But regardless Garcia isn't awkward like Horn and wouldn't treat the fight like a rugby match. Not sure how that fight would've ended up if it got made last year

Back
Top Bottom