Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Y'all get goo goo over Frank having a solid all around game once every two weeks but totally ignore what the likes of Mitchell, Markannen, and Smtih are doing or have done this season. No one hates Frank it's just frustrating knowing we could of had so much better especially considering the person who ultimately selected was fired shortly after. We really selected Ron Harper over those other guys and it pisses me off
Those dudes aint Knicks though.

The **** should I care about them? We can't sign them or trade for them.

Like other rookies are playing better than our rookie, so what?

Let's be real here. Frank is more Dante Exum than Giannis.

I prefaced it by saying without the athleticism or scoring potential :lol:

I'm more talking about a player that can stuff the stat sheet. (Giannis and Draymond are guys that come to mind that fit that mold) There's not really a guard that profiles like Frank.

Na I agree. Hard to compare Frank to a guard. He could def fit the Draymond Green/Bruce Bowen mold in terms of impact down the line though.

j8Wyi3T_d.jpg

tTnFM4N_d.jpg

Frank is nice when he's agressive.
I like Beasley more than Melo. & I'm glad KP wants to score off screens and such...no need for him to be exerting too much energy handling the ball at 7'3 too much.
I want us to get Trae Young also. (These are my opinions)

Let's be real here. Frank is more Dante Exum than Giannis.
How is that? Dante Exum has played 40 total games in his NBA career. :lol:

Giannis was the raw project who had a quiet rookie season and broke out later. I'm not saying Frank will be Giannis but he's certainly more comparable to that than a dude who's career has been derailed due to injury.

Remember in preseason and summer league when the thing to hate on Frank about was him being hurt all the time? :lol:

Your opinion is horrible. You're lucky that post didn’t give me cancer or I’d seek legal action against you with your reckless abandonment.
An opinion is an opinion, if you feel it's horrible that's on you & I hold no grudge. I'll explain though & just know I'm talking about the present moment (obviously)
Beasley at this point in his career gets buckets & boards while not being too much of a defensive liability. More athletic, not a distraction & doesn't hold the team back as he's not the focal point. The team is still able to move the ball effectively and develop better as a result. There's no hero ball being played right now, strictly building chemistry.

Frank is showing flashes of becoming a beast of a defender and has the tools to become a mini kawhi/giannis. Youngest player picked in the draft.

I'd love for us to get Trae Young in this upcoming draft btw..

Trae Young ain’t happening and gut feeling is his game isn’t gonna translate to the NBA level

He’s playing in a weak conference on a team where he’s allowed to do it all

Not to discredit him though, he’s a great college player

Miles Bridges is the guy that’d be perfect for this team

Yall talking up all these college players for the draft but deep down you know we picking a Euro player again :lol:

Lakers: clear cap space

Knicks: Nance an athletic versatile big to pair alongside KP for the future & Stanley is a low risk high reward player that could benefit from a change of scenery. 21yrs old and can dmoldvelop into a defensive stopper down the line

Pistons: get a viable back up for drummond for their playoff push, can re-sign or let him walk without moving having lost real assets in the deal

Mavericks: get a 6th man/young scorer they can build with & get a soid big they could potentially re-sign and move forward with

thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.56.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.56.26 AM.png
    694.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
In all honesty, with the way Frank plays the game and hopefully with the way he develops, I feel like you could throw him back there with a scoring PG and it'd work just fine. Or a SG of course. His defensive ability would allow him to guard whatever perimeter match up he has. Frank's value will come from being able to switch positions in the backcourt when needed.

This is an extremely hopeful outlook of course.

In all honesty, with the way Frank plays the game and hopefully with the way he develops, I feel like you could throw him back there with a scoring PG and it'd work just fine. Or a SG of course. His defensive ability would allow him to guard whatever perimeter match up he has. Frank's value will come from being able to switch positions in the backcourt when needed.

This is the way I’ve been trying to look at it. I think it’s a rational assessment, not a knock against the kid and plays right into his strengths. Then I come in here and it’s all “If you’re not in love with Frank at the pg you’re a hater and not a Knicks fan”. Frank > Giannis and now Beas > Melo. :lol:

"liking" Beas over Melo is fine. that's your opinion. now if you said he was better than Melo, then you need to be blocked from this thread.

Trae Young will be fine in the NBA as long as he has work ethic. People said the same thing about Steph Curry in college

I just want a dynamic scoring guard or pure all-around SF

agreed. his style of play reminds me of Steph, and they're the same size too. i think Trae is a better passer though.

Back
Top Bottom