Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

The Frank haters already have their minds set and aren’t ever gonna change it so long as players picked after him are being flashy

I’ve caped for him the hardest in this thread but I’ve also criticized him a bunch too

Some dudes are just too proud to change their opinions

i just want frank to be better than charlie ward then i can live with him being here as the 8th pick...no hate i just want him to do well and not struggle

Impatient? I’m supposed to be happy because they threw the word “rebuild” around again?
No. You're suppose to be patient unless you don't want the team to rebuild.

Fire the GM after he selects the pick he wanted in the draft? I know ownership is the issue. Dolan has owned the team for 17 years. How many winning seasons? How many first round exits? I don’t give a **** about what Perry is talking about. There’s still no clear direction. I guess I should just be happy that the Nets can’t beat us anymore :lol:
Overall, the Knicks suck, have continued to suck and so far will suck more in the future for the time being.

Nothing to be happy about but if you been here for 20 years + like me the disappointment and frustration is a constant with fee bright spots. There's nothing going on now to be particularly be mad about.

I look at this squad with KP learning to be a leader and a rookie getting pt and some of these other bums and don't see what could be filling these pgs. But Knicks fans gonna Knicks fans I guess. No wonder we got pages upon pages of 2 guys sucking off some rookie Dallas drafted low-key praising bums like Jack, and focusing so much anger on one rookie we did draft.

I wonder if this is just still about who Phil drafted. **** might as well write him letters.

Last edited:
The fact that Frank is even capable of a game like that or a few others he's had while he has barely even begun to scratch the surface of where his potential is given his skillset/physical tools just shows how good he can become down the road.

This thing is a process and he's very young/inexperienced but yall compare him to Jerian Grant (who was considered NBA ready and 23 as a rookie) but JG never had a game close to the game Frank had today during his rookie season.

Jerian's best game that season was 16 and 8, never even had 10 assists in a game (nor did he possess Frank's size, length, defensive prowess, passing vision, etc.). I'm not saying Frank is a sure thing but to deny his upside or claim that he can't play PG or compare him to Jerian Grant this early on is absurd and games like this demonstrate why much more than his struggles (which should be expected from him).

Last edited:
Y'all get goo goo over Frank having a solid all around game once every two weeks but totally ignore what the likes of Mitchell, Markannen, and Smtih are doing or have done this season. No one hates Frank it's just frustrating knowing we could of had so much better especially considering the person who ultimately selected was fired shortly after. We really selected Ron Harper over those other guys and it pisses me off

Y'all get goo goo over Frank having a solid all around game once every two weeks but totally ignore what the likes of Mitchell, Markannen, and Smtih are doing or have done this season. No one hates Frank it's just frustrating knowing we could of had so much better especially considering the person who ultimately selected was fired shortly after. We really selected Ron Harper over those other guys and it pisses me off
That's because Frank is a project and the struggles were expected coming into the season and games like last night show what his ceiling is like. Frank may or may not be better/worse than anyone of those players long term but his ceiling is higher than any of them quite honestly and to discount him as a worse pick halfway through their rookie season makes it seem like you lack NBA knowledge.

This is how it works with "projects" and we knew we were drafting a "project" going into things. There have been so many examples throughout NBA history of "projects" blossoming after their rookie season and becoming better players than players with more successful rookie seasons.

MCW, Trey Burke, and Mason Plumlee all made First Team All-Rookie in 2013-2014 over Giannis. Giannis was a young foreign project with a lot of potential. Giannis has obviously maximized almost every ounce of his ceiling thus far, and I'm not necessarily saying Frank will do that, but to definitively say he is a worse draft pick than Mitchell, Markkanen, Dennis, etc. halfway through their rookie season is foolish.

And this isn't bias speaking. I say the same thing about certain players basically every year on all different NBA teams. I just see it happen too much to discount a player labeled "raw" after a quiet rookie year. It's crazy to me how leading up to the draft these players get labeled as "projects" or "raw" with high ceilings, the fans act like they are aware of this going into things, and then they write them off completely after a quiet rookie year like they weren't just drafted in the lottery as a "project." It's absurd.

I don't necessarily consider any and all 19 year old prospects to be "projects" but the ones with Frank's rawness/inexperience combined with his gifted physical tools and ability certainly fit that prototype and that's why he was drafted so high. I said it before, but the fact that Frank can get 10/10/7 as a 19 year-old raw rookie who hasn't even buegun to scratch the surface of what he can become says a lot more about who he is and what he is capable of than a few games in a row struggling.

Last edited:
Is Frank the franchise PG again?

10/10/7/2/1 for a 19 year old sounds like a guy who can maybe fill that role to me.

Almost as if dudes are upset that Frank had a solid game :lol:.

Weird fan base man. Go Knicks.

You read what you want. When he has a good game we get these post that call out the people who've been critical of his performance so far. So damn sensitive over this rookie when I among others call out EVERYONE on the squad. He's the next Giannis tho because he has long arms and is not from the states

Time will tell if Frank is PG Giannis or Mardy Collins Euro Edition

Giannis is probably the most athletic and physically imposing player in NBA history next to LeBron and Wilt. Frank plays at a slower pace than Jarret Jack, struggles with handling the ball and finishing at the rim but excels in the PnR with his passing. I'm not calling him Frank Williams but he's damn sure closer to him than he is to the Greek freak

The difference is I use Giannis as an example of a very raw European project who took a little while to make his impact felt in the NBA and had a very quiet rookie season, I have never said "Frank is the next Giannis" the way some of yall say "Frank is Ron Harper" or "Frank is Jerian Grant" and if you notice that even as a Frank fan I always acknowledge that Frank might be a bust, just that it's too early to tell.

I just think it's funny that some of yall completely discount any possibility whatsoever of Frank coming into his own in a similar way to how Giannis did, like Giannis was always this otherworldly prospect compared to Frank and it's not even a comparison, when Frank was actually the more highly regarded prospect of the 2.

If the Frank haters association in here were to say things like that you think he looks terrible, you personally wish we drafted someone else, etc. but that it's too early to tell, I wouldn't mind in the slightest. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just feel the need to clap back when I see y'all saying **** like that he's a bust or that he'll never be a PG or that other players in his draft class are definitively better or that he's Jerian Grant/Shumpert halfway through his rookie season.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure if he wasn't a Knick you wouldn't be so optimistic about his potential. Knick blinders off I see a good defensive guard who's unselfish that can eventually hit the open three on a consistent basis. A 3 and D type, nowhere near a all star like a couple of the players picked AFTER him will be

I stand by my mini Giannis comparison.

He'll never be an athletic freak or 28 PPG scorer but if he maximizes his potential we'll have a guard that has an impact on every facet of the game.

I'm quite sure if he wasn't a Knick you wouldn't be so optimistic about his potential. Knick blinders off I see a good defensive guard who's unselfish that can eventually hit the open three on a consistent basis. A 3 and D type, nowhere near a all star like a couple of the players picked AFTER him will be
To say players picked after him will be all stars is a reach too

I get Mitchell is playing great but you're jumping the gun

Who else picked after Frank is doing that hot?
The only reason DSJr looks so hot to y'all is because he's on a tanking team thats constantly having an offense ran through him and is getting way more PT than Frank
So of course he's gonna put up empty numbers
He's obviously more NBA ready than Frank is/was but he's also a year older

my son frank is lost like a deer in headlight on half court sets but he excels on fast breaks & defensive because of his wingspin. at the moment we all can see flashes of potenial in his game but lets be real other rookies are showcasing their talents more consistently
Yeah that’s deifnitrly agreeable

Disagree. I really liked Frank as a prospect and I don't drastically change my thoughts on prospects I've spent years following/evaluating halfway through their rookie seasons.

That's especially true for the "projects" I knew going into things would take longer to adjust/develop than other players I ranked similarly. I said at the time of the Draft that I wanted any of Frank/Dennis/Monk and it was tough for me to rank the 3 because they each excel in such different areas from the other ones. But I stand firm on saying that Frank has the best all-around game of the 3 and probably the highest ceiling as well.

But in no way did I rank Frank as high or higher than Dennis because I thought he would be better right away. The Knicks didn't draft Frank looking for the ROY, they drafted him because they were gambling on his all-around game along with his ceiling being a better fit long-term than what Dennis or Mitchell or any other player available brings (the idea that Phil drafted him because he was the best triangle fit is pure ******** considering the "experts" said the same **** when we drafted KP who ended up being far and away the BPA and just like KP, Frank has a game best suited to excel running the fast break and pick and rolls, honestly Monk probably would have been the best triangle fit considering that he is more of a combo guard somewhere in between the 1/2 like other successful triangle PGs and his deadly jump shot).

If Frank was on another team and had the same kind of game he had yesterday, I would say the kid had legit triple double potential as he grows into his game because he has the ability to effect the game in all facets.

But I am a Draft-junkie and if I didn't like Frank as a prospect I'd be the first to say so. I try to keep it real in here. If y'all remember I was super high on KP as a prospect but I hated Jahil Okafor. If we had drafted Okafor and he played the way he has, I'd probably be super critical of him, it wouldn't change the fact that I didn't like him as a prospect just because he was a Knick.

The same thing goes for prospects on other teams. Personally, I would still take Markelle Fultz #1 in a re-draft situation. He was far and away my favorite prospect and he has shown even less than Frank but I watched him many times at UW and I think that once he gets healthy and regains his confidence he will become a nightmare. Malik Monk's struggles are a little more troublesome to me as an evaluator than Frank/Fultz because of Frank's rawness and Fultz's injury while Monk has been healthy and was supposed to be NBA ready, but it's still extremely early and I still believe Monk will be a problem in this League for years to come.

Point is, I like Frank because I liked him as a Draft prospect and he has shown flashes of what he can do and what he can become despite being an incredibly raw prospect. The same would be true if he wasn't a Knick.
I stand by my mini Giannis comparison.

He'll never be an athletic freak or 28 PPG scorer but if he maximizes his potential we'll have a guard that has an impact on every facet of the game.
I see him in a similar way down the road, hopefully. A guy who can put up numbers like he put up last night on a consistent basis while simultaneously being one of the best defensive guards in the League.
my son frank is lost like a deer in headlight on half court sets but he excels on fast breaks & defensive because of his wingspin. at the moment we all can see flashes of potenial in his game but lets be real other rookies are showcasing their talents more consistently
This is a very rational critical take of Frank I can agree with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom