Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

You’re taking it way too literally, but carry on.
I have to.

Mark Jackson is terrible. 1 year of coaching.

I have no reason to believe if he got hired next season by some team he'd be any better of a coach. If anything he'd probably be exposed even more since he won't have the talent thats anything close to that GSW team.

I have to.

Mark Jackson is terrible. 1 year of coaching.

I have no reason to believe if he got hired next season by some team he'd be any better of a coach. If anything he'd probably be exposed even more since he won't have the talent thats anything close to that GSW team.
Mark coached the Dubs for 3 years. And to his credit he did coach them from 23 wins in his first year (when Steph's career was at risk to his glass ankles) to the playoffs in his next 2. I would actually watch them as much as I could (for a WC team) in those years also because of David Lee and they were still fun to watch, but nothing close to what they are now.

I'm in between the 2 arguments. I don't think that he is a "terrible" coach and do believe he caught a rough break with his Warriors exit due mostly to external factors, but I also believe claiming he "built the Warriors" in any way is an exaggeration and I dont necessarily think he's right for us right now.

Mark coached the Dubs for 3 years. And to his credit he did coach them from 23 wins in his first year (when Steph's career was at risk to his glass ankles) to the playoffs in his next 2. I would actually watch them as much as I could (for a WC team) in those years also because of David Lee and they were still fun to watch, but nothing close to what they are now.

I'm in between the 2 arguments. I don't think that he is a "terrible" coach and do believe he caught a rough break with his Warriors exit due mostly to external factors, but I also believe claiming he "built the Warriors" in any way is an exaggeration and I dont necessarily think he's right for us right now.
That **** legit felt like 1 year :lol: but that's on me. I'm thinking about his last year where they lost in the 1st round and then Kerr stepped in.

I'm saying he's terrible though. I'll carry that. I don't believe in dude at all.

And if he does get hired by us at any point Imma sit back and watch cuz 20 games in dudes are gonna devour his lame coaching ***.

Last edited:
I must’ve missed the part where your players liking you made you a good coach

I must’ve missed the part where I made the correlation between your players liking you and being a good coach. All I said was that his players liked him, because it was falsely stated that they did not.

If Kanter walk & we stretch Noah would we have enough cap to sign Cousins/ PaulGeorge?

200.gif

Aaron Gordon or Jabair Parker should be our #1 targets if Kanter opts out. O'Quinn is worth more than what he's getting so I could see him opting out, too.

Ntilikina/Burke
THJr
Bridges
Gordon/Parker
Porzingis

:smokin

Aaron Gordon or Jabair Parker should be our #1 targets if Kanter opts out. O'Quinn is worth more than what he's getting so I could see him opting out, too.

Ntilikina/Burke
THJr
Bridges
Gordon/Parker
Porzingis

:smokin
Who would you rather have of those two?

I don't think I would want either unless the price is very competitive.

Who would you rather have of those two?

I don't think I would want either unless the price is very competitive.

I like Gordon better but Parker is very good, too.

Crazy how Jabari still has bounce after 2 ACL tears :sick:

Sort of feel like the Magic are priced into keeping Gordon. They are gonna be afraid of another Oladipo situation. I think he has more potential than Parker to explode elsewhere, the Magic are notoriously terrible at development. Meanwhile Jabari has had some excellent opportunities and has not really capitalized even aside from the injuries.

i dont know if you would want boogie...he is coming off a major injury and its not promising he will be the same player... i dont think pg13 would even consider us... the lakers suck but i could see him going there just cuz hes from there

Dont't sleep on Julius Randle. I probably like him more than both Jabari/AG and with the Lakers chasing some big names and looking at Ingram/Kuzma on rookie contracts to hold down the forward spots, he could become available if we have cap space. It looked like he was almost certainly on his way out of LA, but honestly he might have played his way into "match anything" status since the all-star break so we should consider ourselves lucky if he hits the market.

But yeah I agree with the mindset of most of this thread. If we do even have cap space go after a young player who has upside and fits in with what we're building. Names like boogie and PG shouldn't be mentioned by Knicks fans even if we did have the cap space to get one.

One thing is for sure, I really pray that Kanter does opt out because I hate his long-term fit here as a post playing center and we could use the cap space it would free up. Also think that bringing back Burke/Beasley is a must unless they get a ridiculous contract offer elsewhere, which I'd say is less than likely because idk what team is using a significant portion of their cap space on Burke or Beasley when they don't have their Bird rights like we do.

I'd also like to see KOQ stay long-term, but I couldn't blame him if he wanted to sign with a contender after spending his entire career with the ******* Magic and Knicks. Being a native NYer can only compensate for so many Ls. Plus KOQ is the kind of player who would likely have a similar role anywhere he goes, contender or not.

He would be useful for almost any team in the L as a very capable high-energy big man to come off the bench, but not good enough as a rim protecter to be a starting center anywhere and not athletic enough for the 4. He doesn't really need to be on losing teams for an enhanced role, and he is certainly not making more money on a super team friendly contract, so when you think about it, it really makes no sense at all for KOQ to spend another season on a losing team unless he really just loves playing for NY.

Last edited:
Budenholzer would be a very nice coaching pickup. But then again he'd just be coming to another rebuild which is not what he wants.

I think all of the FAs mentioned (with the exception of PG who obviously isn't coming here) seem like big traps. At least 50% to be traps. I wouldn't mind sitting this one out considering our luck. One more bad big contract is going to screw us for a decade.

Budenholzer would be a very nice coaching pickup. But then again he'd just be coming to another rebuild which is not what he wants.

I think all of the FAs mentioned (with the exception of PG who obviously isn't coming here) seem like big traps. At least 50% to be traps. I wouldn't mind sitting this one out considering our luck. One more bad big contract is going to screw us for a decade.
I'd take Bud in a second. The thing about hiring a coach is, as opposed to attracting free agents who may not want to go to "rebuilding teams" over better organizations, the Knicks money talks. Hiring front office/coaches is the one time we actually benefit from Dolan. At the end of the day, if we have our guy picked out, as long as he is not currently under contract we at least have a fighting chance to get him because we are the Knicks and can offer more money than anybody else. And also unlike signing free agents, nobody should give a **** about spending the money because it's all out of Dolan's pockets and **** his spoiled rich billionaire *** he's stolen enough money from us without working for **** the least he can possibly do is put $60+ million at risk on a coach or GM that can potentially help this team.

The problem with the Knicks hiring coaches/front office has not been spending or attractive personnel turning us down (literally the only times in recent memory I can remember the Knicks being "turned down" by somebody they targeted for a coach/GM was when Kerr went to the Warriors and that was also because Dolan refused to outbid them and David Griffin over the summer which was mostly because the Knicks didn't offer him full autonomy and he'd be forced to report to ******* cockroach Steve Mills). It's is that we have ******* inept morons running this organization who covet the big splash more than the right guys and choose to spend ridiculous amounts of money luring the likes of Phil Jackson or Fisher or Larry Brown or Isiah, and will probably try to spend that money this summer luring Doc ******* Rivers away from the Clippers instead of trying to make Bud or Jay Wright or another smart, hard to attain coach an offer they cant refuse.

That's why I bring up somebody like Jay Wright for us in the first place. Because one I think he would make an amazing coach for us, and two because I think if the Knicks offered him a big enough deal there would be a realistic enough chance to to lure him. I don't necessarily think all things being equal he leaves Nova for the Knicks, but if he's the best coach available and the Knicks decided to target him as their guy right away like the Suns did a couple years back, and can offer him $10+ million per year more than Nova does, he at the very least STRONGLY considers it. Especially if the Knicks can promise Mikal or something.

Same thing with Bud, if he leaves ATL and the Knicks offer him the most money, we'd probably get him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom