Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

q7n7s7m.png

I can live with Frank if he puts up 8-12 a night with 6-8 assists 2 steals and lock down D. With about %45 from the field

So what happened? We blowing teams out now?

Knicks played amazing or did the Heat give up for the rest of the season?

A little bit of both? :nerd:

Watching some of the 3rd now. We did this without 1/2 if the Bucket brothers too?

Whiteside never gonna get time in the 4th with a jumper like that.

Last edited:
Honestly, if we win by 20+ with the young guys leading the way, I'm okay with it.

30/11 for Dotson
17/8/4 for Kornet
9 assists for Frank

:smokin

I really don’t care for it either. You can’t tell these guys to go out and lose. There’s not much of a jump from 6th and 9th pick in this draft, especially if we already know who we want.

I just really wanted that 22% at a top 3

On the coaching convo y'all had a while back, all I know about Stack's coaching is that he's killing it in g league, why are some of yall against him?

On the coaching convo y'all had a while back, all I know about Stack's coaching is that he's killing it in g league, why are some of yall against him?
I love Stack I just don't think it's a realistic option. I just don't think Perry is going to want to risk his first shot as a GM by going with an unproven Stackhouse from the G-League unless he REALLY likes him a lot. He's been coaching in the G-League for 2 years. Plus if we wanted to hire from the G-League why not hire from our own system and bring up Mike Miller who has had a personal hand in developing a lot of our young guys on the roster (basically all besides Frank/KP and I'm sure he has relationships with them as well), and has more overall coaching experience and was just named G-League COY? It seems like Miller is the only coach in the Knicks organization who has had any sort of success lately so why go around him just to hire from another G-League team? Because Stack was a player and is a bigger name? That sounds stupid to me.

And I agree about the W last night. Would have been nice to lose and have that 6 spot in our sights with Sactown winning again and Nets/Bulls still to play back to back, but at the same time, it was a game in which the players who should be playing carried the load. Thats why when I was talking about the tanking a few days ago, I said I didn't think the Knicks would lose out the season even if it looks like they would on paper. These guys still go out there and play to win and nights like last night just happen sometimes when young guys are out to prove themselves. Miami didn't show up and our young guys came ready to play. I'm sure in a couple of months when the mock drafts are becoming a little bit clearer there will be some "******* Miami win :smh:" talks but cant be pissed at them for it.

Knicks havent been able to close out a tanking season properly since I can ever remember so I didnt really expect them to start now. :lol:

Honestly Id be happier to give Mike Miller a shot than I would be hiring any "big name" coach on the market outside of Kidd, Bud, or Jay Wright.

Knicks have struck out on too many "big names" to count since basically Pat Riley. I don't trust the big name unless I think it's a really great fit and someone with potential to really take this team into the future, and I only feel that way about Kidd, Bud, or Wright.

But sometimes its the under the radar guys who slip through the cracks and just silently get the job done who are the best fit. Those guys tend to come with more substance than flash, which is one of the most important things to be cautious about with big names.

We've had some success with guys like that (during the rare times we have had success recently) with JVG, Woodson (not really such a small name because he coached ATL for so long but still a guy we hired internally even if it was during his first year as an asst.), and Grunwald.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom