Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I like Burke as the sixth man

From Zach Lowe this morning:

Burke in New York has the statistical profile of a star. He's shooting well from everywhere: 39 percent from deep, Nowitzkian levels from midrange on colossal volume, and even 73 percent at the rim -- once a no-fly zone for an undersized guy with average athleticism.

Burke isn't just hunting points. He has assisted on almost 40 percent of New York's baskets while on the floor, a borderline top-five number. He has developed a nice pick-and-roll chemistry with Michael Beasley; New York has scored 1.28 points per possession on any trip featuring a Burke-Beasley pick-and-roll, the fourth-best (!) mark among almost 300 duos that have run at least 150 such plays, per Second Spectrum.
Burke and Beas forever... "The Bucket Brothers." :pimp:

I watched the Orlando game (one of the few games I've watched since KP went down) and Burke jumped off the screen. From the pick and roll, getting in the paint, how he set up all the scrubs, etc. He looked to be by far the best player on the team including Tim and Beas. With KP and more talent around him he can be really good.

Player A looks good playing NBA ball after lighting up G league "he's a bench player at best." Player B plays bad plsying NBA ball on the same team leading some to think some time in the G league would help him improve. "He's our fulltime starter and future franchise pg." :nerd: this by no means an endorsement for player A to be a franchise player. :lol:

Player A looks good playing NBA ball after lighting up G league "he's a bench player at best." Player B plays bad plsying NBA ball on the same team leading some to think some time in the G league would help him improve. "He's our fulltime starter and future franchise pg." :nerd: this by no means an endorsement for player A to be a franchise player. :lol:
Don’t do it fam. They gonna kill you about the age difference.

It took Burke getting out the league to be this good. Imagine the patience of Trey Burke fans.

Burke is having a Linsanity type of resurrection. Once teams key in on his weaknesses, it'll be interesting to see if he can continue this level of play.

If he can, and we're a better team with him on the floor, then by all means he deserves to be the starter.

I'm not a TB fan just observing his play. If he plays bad I def would call it out with no hesitation. KP fell off this year once defenses keyed into him so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with TB. Not many 19yo's are ready to be to NBA starters , even on bad teams, it's nothing to be ashamed about.

Not really. If you cant learn from your mistakes, you shouldn't coach. We've seen our fair share of stubborn af coaches.
This idea that Jackson watching from the commentating table would learn how to be a better coach from watching and not on the job is sad.

Its also a very sad hope :lol: Like damn.

**** Mark Jackson.

Last edited:
I don't even see how mark Jackson is a terrible coach. He built that warriors team obviously Kerr made them better and they won the chip but he laid the foundation. He brought the winning culture back and made their defense pretty good. Even during the Baron Davis days they were good offensively but sucked on defense. I want the Knicks to get a good college coach like Brad Stevens. If they can somehow get Jay wright that would be dope

I don't even see how mark Jackson is a terrible coach. He built that warriors team obviously Kerr made them better and they won the chip but he laid the foundation. He brought the winning culture back and made their defense pretty good. Even during the Baron Davis days they were good offensively but sucked on defense. I want the Knicks to get a good college coach like Brad Stevens. If they can somehow get Jay wright that would be dope
Never said he was a "terrible" coach but I also said that the he "built the Warriors" notion is highly exaggerated from both a development and team success standpoint.

This thread just loves to hate Jax. :lol: His players loved him btw. Y’all spinning the narrative now
In my post at least, I never denied that his players loved him or was hating on him. Just brought up the question because he seems to be the frontrunner and said my piece about why I'd be concerned for a variety of reasons if we hired him, I definitely don't think that any of it was spinning the narrative though, unless it's a narrative that is already spun in his favor like him being some sort of grand orchestrator of the Warriors dynasty.

Never said the dude was a bad coach or a bad guy (I'm a big fan actually and wouldn't necessarily be pissed if we hired him like I would with Doc or Fiz) just that basically, and in a lot less words, that Idk if I want the guy who more or less kept Steph Curry in a cage coaching Porzingis (especially given the Knicks' apparent penchant for continuing his development as a post playing power forward) and that his skills developing Steph and the Warriors are exaggerated.

IMO Mark was basically a glorified middle man in Golden State who came in at the tail end of the development phase and then held them back in many ways from becoming what they have by playing his style.

Back
Top Bottom