Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

FOH with praising Mark Jackson

Dude had the same team Kerr had in year 1 and had Draymond coming off the bench

You think it’s coincidence that Curry and the crew hit new levels as soon as Kerr came in?

NAH

Jackson had a great team and tried to run an outdated and obsolete system with them

They went from a first round exit to winning the finals in one season

Jackson held that team back and Golden State was right to axe him

The Knicks aren’t ready to win **** and won’t be for a minute. If Jackson has to come an develop then it is what it is. Frank would be sitting with Noah somewhere if this was a championship team.

The Knicks aren’t ready to win **** and won’t be for a minute. If Jackson has to come an develop then it is what it is. Frank would be sitting with Noah somewhere if this was a championship team.
Frank wouldn’t be here in the first place if this team was capable of winning a chip

Serious question....why does Mark Jackson get so much hate from our fanbase? We usually dont hate on ex Knicks who were pretty solid for us.

There’s something real sneaky and sly about him. The blow up with the warriors front office, the stripper he paid off etc not like I know him personally but just seems like an untrustworthy dude. One of those push and preach God to everyone but secretly commits every sin he can dudes

Agree with everything said above. Dude is sleazy, had his best years with the Pacers, brought mad unnecessary drama to golden state and is a horrible announcer.

“Hand down man down” seriously sounds like a pre recorded video game announcer says the same **** over and over

FOH with praising Mark Jackson

Dude had the same team Kerr had in year 1 and had Draymond coming off the bench

You think it’s coincidence that Curry and the crew hit new levels as soon as Kerr came in?

NAH

Jackson had a great team and tried to run an outdated and obsolete system with them

They went from a first round exit to winning the finals in one season

Jackson held that team back and Golden State was right to axe him
Draymond didn't start for Kerr until David Lee got hurt that first season. And Dray wasnt a better option while Jackson was there. Lee was an all-star for them and he had Dray as a rookie and 2nd year 2nd round pick, it would have been foolish to bench Lee for Draymond, Dray wasnt even good enough yet.

Kerr got to Golden State just in time. The young players were blossoming and the Lee/Dray thing worked out perfectly because Lee was never the same player after that injury and Draymond was coming into his own. Mark was far from perfect in GS, but he played a role in laying the Warriors foundation.

I still want Jason Kidd or Bud. But I would DEFINITELY take Mark over Doc or Fizdale.

Hornacek is fine a coach isn’t going to suddenly make this team good. The roster sucks. We are tanking anyway worry about the coach 2 years from now
Nobody is (should) be expecting a coach to come in and make this team instantly good. Nobody wants a new coach because they want somebody to come in and make the Knicks a playoff contender next year. That is not the reason people feel Hornacek should be gone.

But that's not the only reason to hire a coach. When you are a young rebuilding franchise, having the right coach is almost even more important than when you are a contender because you need the right guy to develop your raw potential into a sustainable foundation. Like you said, Hornacek is a fine coach but he isn't the guy for that. Thats why I want Kidd or Bud or to a lesser extent Mark. Proven success at developing young talent into a foundation.

Kidd is sleazy too but he played a big role in stabilizing the team during his playing career and has had an influence, both positive and negative, on a young Bucks squad.

I'm at the point where I'll take anyone who can just take some young guys, instill confidence in them and let them grow as players. We can worry about who will take them to the promise land afterwards. Often times it's not the very first hire that brings the ring, someone else usually lays out the final plans after another guy does the development role.

We need a young coach... somebody who just retired... something like j kidd....
E26FDDC3-1B33-4555-85C0-321030004C63.gif

I’m all in favor of the idea of bringing in a guy to captain the tank and focus only on player development. Like a Kenny Atkinson or Brett Brown type.

But Kidd and Jackson are not what I’m looking for. Big ego guys who have a hard time getting along with their FOs... with questionable coaching records. I think they would both go out in a blaze in NY. Daily News cover every day.

I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine, either let Hornacek coach the tank (long as he sticks to the script) or bring in a young guy who can grow with the players into the job a bit.

I could see the dynamic between a young team and a young coach being a problem as far as respect is concerned, but I think we have some pretty decent character guys. No sense in spending on a guy who's going to spend a few years losing.

I’m all in favor of the idea of bringing in a guy to captain the tank and focus only on player development. Like a Kenny Atkinson or Brett Brown type.

But Kidd and Jackson are not what I’m looking for. Big ego guys who have a hard time getting along with their FOs... with questionable coaching records. I think they would both go out in a blaze in NY. Daily News cover every day.
Who cares about front office? Kidd took the bucks from bottom dwellers to mid tier in one season... Giannis talks nothing but good things about kidd... Kidd basically coached the knicks while he shooting 3s under woodson... lol

Back
Top Bottom