Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

There's some games this week that are great for us

Grizzlies-Suns
Nets-Kings
Bulls-Mavs
Grizzlies-Magic

How are we so far behind the damn Bulls right now. They seem better than us.
We have 24 wins and it's the first day of March. Most of the teams currently behind us won't even finish the season with 24. We're on pace for at least 30 even with how bad we've been. Need to really start tanking hard.

I mean one of these years we have got to get lucky with lottery position... right?

Though I guess in our own way we got incredibly lucky to stick at #4 in 2015. So lucky to dodge Okafor.

23/10/4/3/1 last night :smokin
Mikal is nice. I'd be perfectly OK with us drafting him. Seems like a legitimate late bloomer who has a high level 3 and D guy floor (potentially a very good small-ball defensive minded 4 to pair with KP at the 5) and the potential to be the next in line of other late bloomers who weren't one-and-done players like Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, Dray, Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell, etc...

I'd really like for us to get into the top 7 though to at least have the option of picking whoever from the Doncic/Ayton/MPJ/Bamba/JJJ/Bagley/Trae group slips through the cracks, in addition to guys like the 2 Bridges and Sexton (as well as having increased lotto odds of getting in the top 3, of course).

I think somebody like Trae Young if Oklahoma misses the tourney, or MPJ if he doesn't come back from injury, could be franchise changing steals who would be the most likely candidates from that group to slip to 7th. I think getting by the Nets and Chicago is a perfectly realistic goal if we tank hard enough to close out the season.

The only other players on my radar outside of Mikal are Luka and Porter

Both are pipe dreams though

I'm cooling off on Miles Bridges a bit.

His athleticism gives him a higher ceiling than Mikal but I get some Marcus Morris vibes from him.

Back
Top Bottom