Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

So we trade for a big when we have enough of them and we really need wings.

THEN.

We get 2 second rounders not even a first???

I have and that’s how I know Frank will amount to garbage. He’s a guard that can’t dribble or shoot. He’s like the guy at the YMCA who makes a couple good passes and hits a shot every once in awhile but other than that he’s a waste on the court. And don’t bring up those skewed defensive stats either.
:sick:

You haven’t watched a single game this season have you? :rofl:

I have and that’s how I know Frank will amount to garbage. He’s a guard that can’t dribble or shoot. He’s like the guy at the YMCA who makes a couple good passes and hits a shot every once in awhile but other than that he’s a waste on the court. And don’t bring up those skewed defensive stats either.
Dawg I’m not even talking about Frank :lol:

What is you on? :rofl:

Willy was done the second we traded for Kanter. That's what I hated about the Melo trade. Not as much that we got poor value as much as it was that we completely overlooked our team needs.

Kanter is a better version of Willy. Their style of play is already becoming obsolete, word to formerly very high valued players who play that style (skilled low post, bad defense) like Greg Monroe and Jahil Okafor finding themselves on the waiver wire. You certainly don't need two of those guys and Kanter is the better player and has a less tradeable contract.

Still think Willy is a nice player and I really don't like the package we got in return (surprise surprise) but he had to go. Still wish him the best of luck.

Sure the return wasn’t ideal but I have no idea how people can be caping so hard for Billy after seeing the way he’s regressed this season

2016-2017 was a HORRIBLE rookie class so spare me with the “he was all rookie 1st team”

That don’t mean **** :lol:

Quit grasping for straws in hopes that Billy was gonna be the perfect 5 next to KP

Y’all fell in love last season and refused to accept reality when he was buns this season

He ain’t gonna do **** in Charolette either

He’s a good guy and I thank him for him services but if he’s getting any better for the rest of his career it’s gonna be minimal

Reason why I’m unhappy

I find it stupid when Knicks are trying to trade KOQ. I wonder why don’t they hold on Willy and see if they can trade KOQ first. If they aren’t able to trade KOq, then trade Willy

I like two future second rounders. We just need a high class player development director

I find it amusing that Willy has to sit behind DH13, Zeller and Kaimseky unless Hornets move one of these big guys

I don't care how bad the class was. No one we're drafting with those 2nd rounders will be all rookie first team.

How can you say he's regressed when he literally hasn't played. Any player that doesn't play or plays with super inconsistent minted will have his confidence shot. There's a reason a lot of teams called about him.

You don't trade a young center on a cheap af contract. You just don't.

Willy was a waste with Kanter here. He probably wouldn't have sniffed 2nd team all-rookie votes if he was in a rookie class like this season's.

I just don't think his value was that high. Teams don't desire those kinds of players anymore. The Sixers had to give up Jahil Okafor for nothing. Do yall really think Willy's value was much higher than Okafor's? Okafor is 3 years younger, was a higher draft pick, and produced better numbers when he played.

I don't love the value we got back but I don't think we were getting much better offers and Willy was a waste on this roster with or without KP. It is what it is.

I don't care how bad the class was. No one we're drafting with those 2nd rounders will be all rookie first team.

How can you say he's regressed when he literally hasn't played. Any player that doesn't play or plays with super inconsistent minted will have his confidence shot. There's a reason a lot of teams called about him.

You don't trade a young center on a cheap af contract. You just don't.
Stop

He got plenty of burn and opportunities to show out in the first 23 games

It just became evident very quickly that for whatever reason, he wasn't the same player as last season

Teams called because he’s young and his contract is dirt cheap

You think Charolette is chomping at the bit to give Billy minutes in their rotation with all those bigs they have?

NO

Willy was a second rounder, we got two more second round picks even though they mad far away, we draft well so there’s a chance will find cheap talent that’ll actually fit the modern game.

Best way I can rationalize this trade. Aside from that it’s whatever.

We made this trade just to trade Willy. No other reason. We can get a 2nd rounder from anyone for KOQ if we really wanted 2nd rounders.

Back up centers always get overpaid. The fact that we had Willy for 2 more years is what pisses me off. His value was at its absolute lowest right now.

We made this trade just to trade Willy. No other reason. We can get a 2nd rounder from anyone for KOQ if we really wanted 2nd rounders.

Back up centers always get overpaid. The fact that we had Willy for 2 more years is what pisses me off. His value was at its absolute lowest right now.
It wasn’t getting any higher either

If Billy’s performance this year had even be half of what it was last year he wouldn’t have been on the trade block to begin with

He was that bad. People ain’t getting it

Back
Top Bottom