Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Question can the Knicks send Frank to the G league so he can get consistent minutes and have Burke be the starter or bench with a increase in minutes, Jack's minutes need to decrease.

Fellas I just got out the psych ward :smh: Wouldn't wish that **** on ANYONE it's basically jail

Stay strong. I work as a Systems Analyst at a hospital. Sometimes, I have to go to the ward to fix network. I know what you mean

NBA execs: Knicks should be sellers ahead of trade deadline
10:01AM
cut.jpg

With the NBA trade deadline a few days away, many teams are pondering whether or not they should buy or sell including the Knicks.

As of now, the Knicks sit 10th in the East at 22-28 on the season. Many teams are in the same spot as they could make trades to give themselves a playoff push, or focus on rebuilding next season.

So what should the Knicks do?

"They exceeded expectations based on a home-heavy schedule to start the season and did a nice job, but I never thought they were a playoff team," one NBA executive told The Post's Fred Kerber. "Is the goal to try to create cap space for this summer or are you trying to get a draft pick back also? That's hard because there's not many teams willing to trade picks."

Though this NBA executive wants the Knicks to sell, another doesn't believe New York should give up that easily on their season.

"Depending on the cost, I would try to make the playoffs," the executive said. "Obviously keep the core assets [Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Frank Ntilikina] together and make a move to get in the playoffs. But I would not under any circumstance trade the first-round pick."

Most of the executives agree on giving Ntilikina more minutes after the All-Star break, which could open the door to trade veteran PG Jarrett Jack especially with the emergence of Trey Burke.

"I thought this year was all about trying to get to see if the rookie could be a starting-quality point guard down the road...They should [play him 30 minutes] at least post-All-Star," an Eastern Conference executive stated. "If you're not going to make the playoffs, yeah, that should be the direction."

As for who the Knicks should shop if they see that as the right direction would be Jack and Kyle O'Quinn, according to one scout.

"There are two guys on their team that are available that people would want: Jack and O'Quinn," the scout said. "If they deal O'Quinn, that gives [Willy} Hernangomez an opportunity. If they deal Jack, you've still got Frank and Trey, two young guys, to play the point."

Staying young has been the montra for team president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry during the Knicks' rebuilding process. That would mean 32-year-old Courtney Lee could be a trade asset, even though he is posting career numbers this season.

"Courtney Lee has had a helluva year, a terrific year. But is he the future? By the time the Knicks are good, he's not going to be anything for them," one official said.

The biggest contract the Knicks want to get off the books is surely Joakim Noah, who has two years left on his four-year, $72 million deal. However, there was a resounding statement from all those surveyed that Noah won't be leaving for another team.

The only option in the executives' minds are to offer a buyout.

"Offer him a buyout. You've got to pay him, so see if you can pay him less," one exec said. "There's not a team in the league that's going to take on that contract with his health issues and where he is in his career. To take on his contract, you'd have to give the No. 1 pick every other year for three years."

If the Knicks decide to trade one or some of their assets before Feb. 8, they could see a return in draft picks. The only player that would potentially yield a first-rounder would be Lee in their eyes based off his production this season. Other than him, second-rounders are the most likely outcomes.

Thanks for the concern y'all. I learned a lot about myself in only one day there and I'm gonna make the necessary changes to better myself. Any of you guys that internalize your issues and don't speak on it I beg you to change, mental health is not a game fellas were only human. You hold enough things in on your Macho Man Randy Savage steeze it will be a time where you breakdown. I wouldn't want that to happen to any of y'all. If y'all are dealing with anything regardless of how small you think it is use your resources such as your family, friends, and even fellow Niketalkers. Thanks again fellas

Fellas I just got out the psych ward :smh: Wouldn't wish that **** on ANYONE it's basically jail
Man, years ago I had a crazy girlfriend who used the threat of suicide as leverage. So one day I got sick of that **** and called the cops on her, and I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Had to go pick her up from the ward. I had been to one before. because my aunt had spent some time admitted at Mount Sinai, but as an adult this felt different.

They asked us a few questions to be sure she was sound. She never told me she was gonna kill herself again.:lol:

*****es is crazy, man.:smh::lol:

Glad you're good though, kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc . That place is not comfortable at all. Hope you didn't have to spend too much time in that environment.

Thanks for the concern y'all. I learned a lot about myself in only one day there and I'm gonna make the necessary changes to better myself. Any of you guys that internalize your issues and don't speak on it I beg you to change, mental health is not a game fellas were only human. You hold enough things in on your Macho Man Randy Savage steeze it will be a time where you breakdown. I wouldn't want that to happen to any of y'all. If y'all are dealing with anything regardless of how small you think it is use your resources such as your family, friends, and even fellow Niketalkers. Thanks again fellas
Good to hear you heading in the right direction man

Sending good vibes your way!

Did it to ourselves with Jo. **** buying him out though.

And **** what KP wants us to do, catering to what players think is the best route to take is always stupid.

This team should absolutuely be selling everyone it can come the deadline.

Courtney Lee & Beasley could both fetch significant returns (1st & 2nd round picks). We should also be exploring trading Kanter as well, if we can find some expiring contract for his deal.

Knicks about to get held hostage by Noah of all people. :pimp:

:rofl:

:lol: I'm like what the hell could Noah possibly have to argue with the coach about, he's not even really a member of the team.

And **** what KP wants us to do, catering to what players think is the best route to take is always stupid.

Hell yeah, at the very best that line of thinking gets you a situation like Anthony Davis or LeBron's first run in Cleveland where you rushed to try to get to the playoffs and now dude's gotta leave anyways. Just ignore him and try to make the best possible long term moves. KP isn't no damn GM.

Back
Top Bottom