Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Don't really care about Noah. Let him rot on the bench.

There is no holding us hostage cuz its not like we gonna buy him out. He stop showing up, they'll just fine him and get their money back that way :lol:

Anyway, KP buggin. Talking about playoffs. **** for? We rebuilding, was he not told? Son needs to be focused on his stamina.

There is no holding us hostage cuz its not like we gonna buy him out. He stop showing up, they'll just fine him and get their money back that way :lol:

Anyway, KP buggin. Talking about playoffs. **** for? We rebuilding, was he not told? Son needs to be focused on his stamina.

exactly what I am thinking, improve his stamina and some other aspects of his game. This is great opportunity for him to learn to be a leader by example and let his game speak for itself. Hopefully management can selloff a good chunk of our older assets.

Listen obviously KP is going to want to make the playoffs. And obviously management should ignore him. That's not an issue, don't feed into the drama.

I think he trying to save face. He obv cant openly talk and say we should tank lol

I rather to let Noah's contract expiring out after 2019/2020 season

Next season is the last year of KP's rookie contract. So Noah will be an expiring in KP's first year of his max contract

Listen obviously KP is going to want to make the playoffs. And obviously management should ignore him. That's not an issue, don't feed into the drama.
True but I already noticed some ***** made questionable stuff with KP.

Word to his brother. I mean I shouldn't even know he had one unless it was on some funny ****.

Knicks should definitely try to sell Courtney Lee (OKC is perfect landing spot right now with Roberson injury, he'd fit in seamlessly as a 3 and D 2 guard and OKC would have the added benefit of upgrading from the worst FT shooting guard in the L to the best :lol:), KOQ (Pels can be a good landing spot for him with Boogie injury), even Willy, JJ, and McDuckets if a team wants them bad enough to send a draft pick our way.

However I'd like to hold on to Beasley. I know he's an expiring contract but he seems to really fit into NYC and knows it and wants to stay here long-term. He's still relatively young and with his game, he could be a very valuable bucket getter off the bench for us long-term. I'd like to keep him around and resign him in the offseason. He shouldn't cost too much either and it's always good to have a guy who can replace the first unit and take over as the #1 scorer off the bench.

I see Beas and Burke as guys who can play valuable roles off the bench long-term. Other than that, I don't really care if we deal anybody else on the team outside of KP, Frank, and Timmy.

Noah or Baker I would literally give up for nothing in return if a team was willing to eat their contracts but thats obviously pretty unrealistic, especially for Noah.

I still will never get over that Ron Baker contract. Even Noah and a lot of other bad contracts the Knicks have given out over the years I can conceptually grasp even though it was stupid and they were busts.

Noah was on the open market and Phil foolishly thought he would be a good fit for this team long-term and at the time he was only a year or so removed from being one of the best centers in the NBA. It was rumored that he got a big offer from Washington at the time and probably had interest from some other teams as well. I know he wanted to play in NY but I doubt Phil gave him that contract without knowing that if he didn't, he would probably accept a similar or even the same deal elsewhere.

But the Baker contract was just preposterous. Dude was undrafted, spent the majority of his rookie season in the D-League, and then came up and basically only got significant minutes during the garbage time portion of the season when he was far from spectacular or anything, and we decide that it was worthy enough to warrant handing him a contract larger than most first round picks' salaries.

Worse than that, he was a RFA, so I guess it would at least make sense conceptually if another team offered him that deal and Knicks management loved him and chose to match, but we gave him that ******* contract, the full ******* room exception, without him getting any other offers. He probably would have come back for the League minimum. ******* ridiculous man, probably the most nonsensical deal I have ever seen the Knicks give out. I would love to hear cockroach Mills try to explain that deal. :smh:

Idk how you can say Burke can be valuable in the future, when he’s only played what 3 games? Same situation with McDermott. He had a few good games and everyone was like “omg we won the Melo trade” blah blah, but now y’all are ready to deal both him and Kanter. This thread is so impulsive. How about we watch the whole season unfold and then make judgements vs playing trade/keep after every single game.

Idk how you can say Burke can be valuable in the future, when he’s only played what 3 games? Same situation with McDermott. He had a few good games and everyone was like “omg we won the Melo trade” blah blah, but now y’all are ready to deal both him and Kanter. This thread is so impulsive. How about we watch the whole season unfold and then make judgements vs playing trade/keep after every single game.
I said he "can" I did not say he "will." As in he has been impressive thus far, and that includes his time in the G-League (I know it's the G-League and it doesn't mean much but it's a positive sign for me to see him as a former top 10 pick put his pride aside to grind it out in the G-League and basically become the best player in the entire League), and his history in college/NBA before coming here.

I wouldn't say that's impulsive. If I never heard of him before he came here it would be one thing, but he's had an established history before coming here and I like how he has a good relationship with Timmy as well. I think he has serious potential to be a valuable NBA player.

My point being that, long-term, I could potentially see Burke being a good fit off the bench for us. I said "can" as in I'd like to see him stick around for the rest of the season and get minutes before determining anything concrete, but I certainly think it's a possibility he can play a role for us long-term compared to any of the other player I mentioned where I really don't see them having a future with this team.

Especially because Burke is the style of player (small, shifty, attacking, scorer) who would ideally compliment Frank's style of play off the bench really well if he can prove himself worthy for the rest of the season like he has in 3 games thus far. It's nothing definite I was basically just saying that he's one of the few players I don't want the Knicks to trade. Nothing impulsive about that, I'm not saying we should sign him to a Ron Baker deal right now. That **** was impulsive and ******* stupid.

EDIT:
Also, I agree with you about the Melo trade. I never really liked it from the start because the only player I thought had value was Kanter and he plays the position we needed the absolute least. I've been very vocal about that from the beginning and I always maintained the stance that it was premature to declare we won the Melo trade and McDermott is now showing us why he is on his 3rd team in 3 years.

I don't consider myself to be impulsive and if you follow what I've written I am pretty usre you'd agree considering I was predicting the Knicks would fall in January back in early December.

But I don't think it's impulsive to say that I like what I see from Burke and I'd like to continue to give him the chance to prove himself and I predict that he will do well for us and prove himself worthy of a long-term role.

And we have to make judgements now about the players we should trade/keep. That's not impulsiveness, that's because the trade deadline is next week. :lol:

Last edited:
fairly positive we're gonna be buyers this trade deadline
Only player I'd accept the Knicks "buying" if he is traded again and his value is low enough where we can only give up guys like Willy or KOQ and no draft picks is Avery Bradley so we can acquire his Bird rights for the offseason.

Always loved Bradley's game and a backcourt of Frank/Bradley/Timmy can be great long-term if we can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom