Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Why not start KOQ at the 4 with KP? Better spacing, better defense, better ball movement.

Leave all that iso bully ball **** for the bench with Kanter and Beas. They'd probably kill opposing benches.

Hornacek’s biggest problem this season is still that he’s coaching to win games instead of to develop the team

It’s evident by how many different head scratching lineups we’ve seen all season

Dude just wants to rack up the wins to keep his job secure

As soon as Frank makes a couple bad plays, he’s yanked for the rest of the game. That kinda thing is inexcusable

Jarrett Jack consistently getting 30 minutes a night is inexcusable

Taking the fewest 3 point shots in the league is inexcusable

Dude just doesn’t get it

Hornacek’s biggest problem this season is still that he’s coaching to win games instead of to develop the team

It’s evident by how many different head scratching lineups we’ve seen all season

Dude just wants to rack up the wins to keep his job secure

As soon as Frank makes a couple bad plays, he’s yanked for the rest of the game. That kinda thing is inexcusable

Jarrett Jack consistently getting 30 minutes a night is inexcusable

Taking the fewest 3 point shots in the league is inexcusable

Dude just doesn’t get it

That depends on what he’s told to do. If Perry says to win, you try to win. If he says he doesn’t care about the wins, and that he wants to focus on player development, then do that. Maybe Perry is telling Jeff to coach a certain way for HIS job. Not that he’s going to get fired, but to make him look good for not letting Jeff go when he took over. You guys can’t assume that you know everyone’s motives.

That depends on what he’s told to do. If Perry says to win, you try to win. If he says he doesn’t care about the wins, and that he wants to focus on player development, then do that. Maybe Perry is telling Jeff to coach a certain way for HIS job. Not that he’s going to get fired, but to make him look good for not letting Jeff go when he took over. You guys can’t assume that you know everyone’s motives.
Scott Perry said before the season began that his only goal is that he wants to see the team grow and develop

I don’t think that would change under any circumstance and I don’t think Perry is the kind of GM to interfere and tell the coach how to coach either

So far we’ve seen very minimal development from KP & Frank

Billy is a ghost now and Baker is as good as he’ll ever be

Horny isn't a good coach but he's good to keep around for now. Similar to Pringles being the coach while we sucked for seasons.

Hire a coach. Force an antiquated, unfamiliar system on him. Sign and draft players that don’t fit his style of coaching. Blame coach. Rinse, repeat.

well, i mean he's gotta adjust. he's had lots of time to change gears after phil's (and others') departure. you get new players, you adjust - that's your job to figure out their strenths/weaknesses and put them out on the court at appropriate times. that's what he's getting paid for. that's part of the job. ain't about to feel sorry for anyone on this team

Scott Perry said before the season began that his only goal is that he wants to see the team grow and develop

I don’t think that would change under any circumstance and I don’t think Perry is the kind of GM to interfere and tell the coach how to coach either

So far we’ve seen very minimal development from KP & Frank

Billy is a ghost now and Baker is as good as he’ll ever be

I think if that were really the case, Perry would’ve said something to Jeff by now, and his coaching style would’ve changed. I mean Phil did it with Jeff.

I think if that were really the case, Perry would’ve said something to Jeff by now, and his coaching style would’ve changed. I mean Phil did it with Jeff.
Phil was prioritizing a system

He could care less who was in it so long as it was being ran to his specifications

It’s also not Perry’s job to interfere with the coaching no matter what Phil Jackson and James Dolan might’ve had ingrained in your brain

He hires for a certain job and expects certain results and when the time comes to fire or resign someone the GM is gonna be able to tell you exactly why

Horny just digging himself a bigger hole for the off season right now

Ironically , i think we would win more games if jeff's dumba** actually played the youth more minutes than some of our vets :lol:

You guys down for J Kidd ? I know a lot of people wanted him to be the coach a couple years ago

“I think there will be a change: I hope for the better, it can’t get worse than this,” Willy Hernangomez said, as per MARCA, a Spanish editorial. “I would like to stay here, but I don’t close doors to anything. What I want is to play. There’s a few weeks left till the trade deadline and I want to play.”

“I’ve enjoyed the experience of playing in New York. I love the city, the fans, my teammates...but I’m 23, I’m ambitious, I’m hungry and want to play. I don’t care where. I’m ready for whatever and working to change this situation and play.”

Phil was prioritizing a system

He could care less who was in it so long as it was being ran to his specifications

It’s also not Perry’s job to interfere with the coaching no matter what Phil Jackson and James Dolan might’ve had ingrained in your brain

He hires for a certain job and expects certain results and when the time comes to fire or resign someone the GM is gonna be able to tell you exactly why

Horny just digging himself a bigger hole for the off season right now

I think you’re missing my point. If Perry’s main goal was to develop the younger players, wouldn’t you think he’d maybe say something to Jeff? If he feels that way, but he’s holding his tongue, he’s only hurting the team. Put it this way, if I’m your boss and I want you to do something a certain way, I’ll tell you about it. I wouldn’t just watch you keep doing the opposite of what I want. That’s why my opinion is that Perry isn’t interfering, bc he wants to rack up wins more than development. That or he’s just gonna fire Jeff.

Back
Top Bottom