Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

At the end of the day Frank is cool and all and we needed a strong wing defender. We also need(ed) an aggressive pg. He’s not both. He’s a rook and the potential is there but I don’t find it hard to imagine that he’d flourish in an off the ball role.

Keep telling ya'll franks offensive game ain't that high...

He's a good defender and passer but if he's not a threat to drive he won't be able to facilitate the offense like a real pg...

He's just a longer Patrick Beverly at this point..

Keep telling ya'll franks offensive game ain't that high...

He's a good defender and passer but if he's not a threat to drive he won't be able to facilitate the offense like a real pg...

He's just a longer Patrick Beverly at this point..

At what point though? He’s a rookie :rofl:
Y’all talking like he’s 5 years in already. Y’all not that great at this rebuilding thing lol

Frank was playing professionally for years. I expected him to be raw coming in at 19, but not this raw. He wont become a superstar (neither will DSJ or Mitchell) hell no one in this draft will. But down the line when he finally gets it together, he'll have a Draymond Green/Bruce Bowen type impact for sure. You need these type of guys to win.

We havent seen him play a 35 min game with KP yet. Lets reserve our judgment on what he is till then.

How can you say Donovan Mitchell won't become a superstar ? It's a chance.. look at the poise and skill he has a rookie. He's only gonna get better which is crazy

Superstar term gets thrown around too loosely imo. Legit there're maybe 10 superstars in this league (KD, Curry, Giannis, Lebron, Westbrook, Kawhi, Harden, give or take couple other guys). Basically, anyone who can be the best player on a contender is my definition of a superstar.

Mitchell is the goods. Multiple all-star type potential for sure, but idk about a superstar.

It's way, way, way too eary to make definitive statements about who will/will not be a star from this draft class.

----

Of course Mitchell looks better than Frank, he's two years older. Frank is the 2nd youngest player in the NBA at the hardest position to learn. There shouldn't be a rush to get to the playoffs.

At what point though? He’s a rookie :rofl:
Y’all talking like he’s 5 years in already. Y’all not that great at this rebuilding thing lol
AS OF TODAY. ... look I know ball, just watching a player for a few games I can tell what they have and what they dont... Frank at 19 doesn't take 19 year old drives to the lane . His arms are too long for his frame for him to be that effective in the fast break. He' has potential but he will not be a game changer sorry... his jumper looks good , his defense is A1, lateral movement is quick, passing is good too. All those attributes are good at 19 but if his offensive skills don't expand he's a liability...

It's crazy when we look good with Jarrett jack at the point... at this point Jarrett shouldNT play more than 20 mins a game...

DS Jr. is the next Steve Francis and that’s if everything works out. No thank you.

I seriously don't know if y'all are even watching the same NBA as everyone else :lol:

Knicks fan bias is an incredible thing.

I never understood what people were talking about all these years, until I stepped back from this team recently.

I seriously don't know if y'all are even watching the same NBA as everyone else :lol:

Knicks fan bias is an incredible thing.

I never understood what people were talking about all these years, until I stepped back from this team recently.
Its been said in here before

We literally had a DSJr clone running point last season

How can you co-sign that?

What exactly do you see in DSJr. that you love so much?
Sure he attacks the rim all the damn time but its not like he finishes or gets tons of free throws :lol:

AS OF TODAY. ... look I know ball, just watching a player for a few games I can tell what they have and what they dont... Frank at 19 doesn't take 19 year old drives to the lane . His arms are too long for his frame for him to be that effective in the fast break. He' has potential but he will not be a game changer sorry... his jumper looks good , his defense is A1, lateral movement is quick, passing is good too. All those attributes are good at 19 but if his offensive skills don't expand he's a liability...

It's crazy when we look good with Jarrett jack at the point... at this point Jarrett shouldNT play more than 20 mins a game...

Bro nobody expected him to come in and be a star already. Be patient. I like the kid & I’m not giving up on him halfway through his rookie season :lol:. You can’t say he’s not good and then say “if” his offense doesn’t expand. Nothing is certain yet. Give the kid appropriate time before you say ”this is who he is and he’s never gonna change”. We usually never know a guys full potential in a rookie season. Unless they’re those extremely rare stars. Like Bron..

So it too early to judge Frank and his 2 point performances...but it's cool to scrutinize other rookies who are vastly outplaying him without blinking an eye?

Y'all don't see how insane that sounds?

Where are these Steve Francis and D. Rose comparisons even coming from, because they're both athletic? That's not kinda asinine? Their games are nothing alike. D. Rose and Steve Francis don't even have similar games and DS Jr doesn't play like either one of them. Same logic had y'all comparing Frank to all of these great players simply because of his body type and lack of explosiveness. Eventhough he hasn't come close to any of those comparisons.

I know y'all are smarter than that.

DS Jr has been in the top 5 on the official NBA rookie ladder list almost every month, he's probably going to be in the top 3 the way he's been playing this month. Frank has never come close to sniffing the list. But y'all cape for one and throw the other under the bus every chance you get. Maybe it not me that being biased, maybe...just maybe it's yall.

I actually watch all these rookies play, I've been watching full games from all over the league. I don't know if y'all are just watching highlights and jumping to conclusions or what but your assessments are sounding very crazy to me.

Here is the official NBA.com rookie ladder:

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/04/2017-18-kia-rookie-ladder-week-12#/

You can go back and look at the previous months too if you want. Try looking up these players full game highlights, read some articles or something. Whatever you do, try to come out of the knick fan cocoon. It's not a good look.

Last edited:
The Steve Francis comparison has come from plenty of people. It’s made because so far he is an inconsistent volume scorer who doesn’t do anything else particularly well, and he hasn’t even been that fantastic at scoring so far this season.

The Steve Francis comparison has come from plenty of people. It’s made because so far he is an inconsistent volume scorer who doesn’t do anything else particularly well, and he hasn’t even been that fantastic at scoring so far this season.

So he's a volume scorer that's not a volume scorer? What are you even saying?

Where is this volume scorer thing coming from? Have you watched him play? Y'all are BUGGIN. It's not even about DS Jr. I think the years of losing are scrambling cats judgement.

Trade this one, get rid of this coach, This futore HoFer is a bum, Frank is Jason Kidd x Giannis, Dennis is D. Rose.

Y'all gotta take a step back and look at the big picture instead of these flash reactions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom