Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Uh yeah, I have. It’s coming because he takes a lot of shots to get his points. That’s the definition of volume scorer. And he’s lucky the Mavs allow him to do that because they are god awful and are tanking.

Instead of arguing about it now, why don’t we check in in three years. Because the ceiling is the issue with a guy like Dennis Smith Jr, not what he’s going to do on sub 40% shooting with the green light when winning is irrelevant.

A lot of the current all stars/above average players, that are good defenders, didn’t start out with a great offensive game. Kawahi, PG, Batum, Iggy, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, and Oladipo are just to name a few. But they developed their game. I think it’s easier to develop your offense and become more offensively aggressive, versus becoming a good defender. As much as I would like to see more from Frank, I’m cool for now. He’s 19, didn’t go to school in the states, and he seems like he’s still learning the American way to play. I’m not that high on DSJR, but I’ve watched him since he was in high school, so I know what he’s about. At this point, you can’t really judge any rookies and say they will be so and so. Just look at Tyreke Evans. Dude had an extremely high ceiling after his rookie year, and then what? On the opposite side of the spectrum, look at PG. He was aight his first couple of years, and now look. Same can be said about Oladipo. Patience fellas.

He was putting up 7-3-3 on 29/27/57 in the four games between his return from injury & this game.

DSJr has been better than Frank this season. No doubt about it. We don't have to tear down one player to bring up another, though. DSJr will be good. Frank's road to being a good player is longer & harder but I believe he'll get there. They're totally different players, though so comparing them is silly (kinda like the LeBron vs Meo debates a long time ago).

One thing I really don't like is how we've wanted a guard that can play defense for the longest but now that we have one we want the flashy scorer.

I genuinely don’t understand what dude could possibly be seeing in his game to get him this worked up

There’s absolutely no way he can be watching entire Mavericks games with heart eyes the whole time because of DSJr.

He’s one dimensional
Can’t shoot efficiently
Can’t finish efficiently
Can’t defend

I’m a big Frank fan and I know he got his flaws too but damn man

I’ll take the A1 defender with opportunity to grow offensively over an inefficient scorer that’ll never play denfense 10 outta 10 times :lol:

A lot of the current all stars/above average players, that are good defenders, didn’t start out with a great offensive game. Kawahi, PG, Batum, Iggy, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, and Oladipo are just to name a few. But they developed their game. I think it’s easier to develop your offense and become more offensively aggressive, versus becoming a good defender. As much as I would like to see more from Frank, I’m cool for now. He’s 19, didn’t go to school in the states, and he seems like he’s still learning the American way to play. I’m not that high on DSJR, but I’ve watched him since he was in high school, so I know what he’s about. At this point, you can’t really judge any rookies and say they will be so and so. Just look at Tyreke Evans. Dude had an extremely high ceiling after his rookie year, and then what? On the opposite side of the spectrum, look at PG. He was aight his first couple of years, and now look. Same can be said about Oladipo. Patience fellas.

It's definitely easier to work on your offense than defense.

So much of defense is instincts and IQ and at 19 years old Frank has both on that end. Learning how to use his size to avoid fouls is the next step for him.

I’m not saying that Frank is a sure thing at all either. Of all of these point guards taken high in this draft, some of them are going to bust. And right now none of them has proven anything- certainly not Lonzo and Fox.

But for real We might need to send Frank down and play with the Gauchos so he can build his confidence with ball handling and drives.

I'm rooting for Frank but you can't pretend like it's not at least a tad bit concerning how bad his handles are as a point guard. He's young bu this handles are shaky even for a PG that young.

His defense though :pimp:

How a point guard playing in NYC got weak handles

F3541D15-0966-47EB-8863-386FA62AE511.png

Can't wait for the game tomorrow.

Frank probably had his worse game yesterday and he's playing against the player everyone keeps comparing him to.

I know he's gonna be motivated. So will DS Jr.

:nthat:

BTW IDK if any of you all had family or travelled through JFK this week, but it is insanity. Wishing anyone good luck, I felt blessed to make it out today.

Back
Top Bottom