Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I dislike that guys who missed their entire rookie year are held in the same esteem as actual rookies. Ben Simmons is a beast and so was Blake after missing his first season but these guys were around NBA practices for an entire season, learned the playbook, built relationships with coaches and players, and were essentially able to scout their NBA level opponents from the sideline for an entire year. So naturally they're gonna have an advantage over a true rookie

I dislike that guys who missed their entire rookie year are held in the same esteem as actual rookies. Ben Simmons is a beast and so was Blake after missing his first season but these guys were around NBA practices for an entire season, learned the playbook, built relationships with coaches and players, and were essentially able to scout their NBA level opponents from the sideline for an entire year. So naturally they're gonna have an advantage over a true rookie
Makes you wonder if Fultz will be that when he comes back.

We aren't getting a Top 5 draft pick anyways because look at the teams that are worse than us:

- Mavs
- Kings
- Bulls
- Hawks
- Suns
- Nets
- Lakers

So we might aswell play to win games and just see where the season takes us.

Yes but its too early in the season to really tell whos gonna get top 5 picks, I'm cool with a 6th or 7th pick. Regardless we should tank this is our final chance to get rewarded for tanking before the system changes, once it does its over. And remember us having the worst season in history is what landed us KP.

KP should have the surgery now so the tank doesn't get derailed.
CAMBY.gif

In a way he's right though :lol: having Luka or Porter Jr. on this team would be :pimp:

Not surprised at how competitive we are, but def curious to see how long we keep it up.

Luka or playoffs. No in between.

Exactly, but since we already started the rebuild lets not half asss it. Lets complete it by securing another lottery pick. Making the playoffs wouldn't be worth it cuz we'd lose a high draft pick and we wouldn't even get past Cavs, Celtics, Raptors or others.

Plus the ultimate goal is winning a chip not just making the playoffs. For that we need to continue building around KP.

Exactly, but since we already started the rebuild lets not half asss it. Lets complete it by securing another lottery pick. Making the playoffs wouldn't be worth it cuz we'd lose a high draft pick and we wouldn't even get past Cavs, Celtics, Raptors or others.

Plus the ultimate goal is winning a chip not just making the playoffs. For that we need to continue building around KP.
I get it. Logically it totally makes sense and I agree. But you cant just go out and tell these guys to lose.

Hornacek is doing a great job, and what KP is doing right now might be even more important than tanking the season away and getting another top pick. He is learning how to lead a team and win ball games, hes 22 years old, you cant understate what that does for his development.

I know its meaningless to make the playoffs and exit early compared to getting another top player in the draft. But there is a big time difference between being the 7-8 seed on a team full of veterans or underachievers going nowhere and doing it led by your 22 year old emerging superstar.

Swingman or authentic? The authentic are tuff

I got the swingman. Couldn't justify buying the authentic as I already own a couple authentic jerseys (Kam Chancellor, M&N Gary Payton) that I only wear a few times a year, plus I figured they look more or less the same visually even though the feel is not as good. Authentic stitching is real nice though.

Back
Top Bottom