Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

It may be one of those surgeries where he just has to drain his elbow.

I remember one season Melo was often injured and drained his knee in the off season surgery and played much better and was healthy the next season.

Its been a good start to the season but don't we wanna tank to get a top pick? Especially since the rules are gonna change. I mean now that we dealt Melo we have to complete the rebuild by drafting another top prospect, instead of half assing it by making a meaningless playoff run and getting a bad pick

We aren't getting a Top 5 draft pick anyways because look at the teams that are worse than us:

- Mavs
- Kings
- Bulls
- Hawks
- Suns
- Nets
- Lakers

So we might aswell play to win games and just see where the season takes us.

What’s going on with Hezonja? Wasn’t he a top 5 pick?

Yeah he was, #5. A lot of hype because people said he could do it all, very good athlete and shooter, super confident attitude. Unfortunately he just hasn't put it together in regards to scoring efficiently and not turning the ball over.

I'm not ready to give up on Mario just yet, but his chances are getting very slim of turning into a real NBA player.

I'm glad I didn't plan on going to the game last night... I would have been pissed if I showed up and Porzingis was not playing.

I have a feeling he will opt for option 2 if he isn't happy with the way the team is progressing. If he opts for Option 3 though :sick:

With Mario, if you're a pure scorer and that's it you gotta score when you get the opportunities. That's not a great position to be in if you're just okay at scoring because those guys are a dime a dozen.

Sessions doing the right thing. He's having too much of a positive impact in the locker room, and knows he needs to leave so we can tank

Guess I have to face the reality that I'll never be able to break out this shirt

IMG_6599.jpg

:frown:

Sessions doing the right thing. He's having too much of a positive impact in the locker room, and knows he needs to leave so we can tank

Guess I have to face the reality that I'll never be able to break out this shirt

IMG_6599.jpg

:frown::
Reggie "The Goon" Evans :rofl::pimp:

Kinda got lost in the mix yesterday but if anyone has time to kill before the next game Sat and wants to read my long *** recaps/rants of the Indiana and Charlotte games, they're on my podcast's new website: https://www.theleknicks.com/new-blog/

I was able to edit the Charlotte one much more than the Pacers one FYI
They shoulda never gave you a domain name.:lol:

I'll check it out on my way home when I'm trapped underground. Keep it up.:pimp:

Frank putting up these 8 and 9 assist games in 25 minutes is impressive. He needs to be more aggressive offensively though which I hope comes with time. Sometimes I'll rewatch highlights and he'd make the bad pass instead of taking the shot or driving in. He's literally wide open after every screen, just way too passive. That mid range game should come sooner than later. Crazy how he's only 19.

My 2 major critiques on Frank are
1) He needs to attack more, even if just for the purposes of drawing in the defense and setting up his teammates better (he has significantly improved on this since the Pacers game and the influx of confidence it gave him I have also noticed, which gives me hope that this wont be an issue soon enough).
2) He needs to do a much better job at lowering his shoulder and drawing contact when he gets to the rim. I think he's been to the line once this season and it was that time he got fouled on a buzzer beating jumper and missed 2 FTs.

Hard to miss Frank's growing confidence and aggression as each game goes by

Once it comes full circle for him he'll be a monster

One thing I keep seeing that he really needs to work on is picking up his dribble. If the pass isn't open after a pick he stops the offense and someone has to come out to reset the play.

I really interested to see what he develops into after a couple years.

One thing I keep seeing that he really needs to work on is picking up his dribble. If the pass isn't open after a pick he stops the offense and someone has to come out to reset the play.

I really interested to see what he develops into after a couple years.

It's because he's not that comfortable with his dribble in general, so he doesn't feel comfortable keeping the ball live for that long.

One thing I like about Frank is all of these weaknesses are technical, so they can definitely be fixed for a 19 year old in an offseason or two. While his feel for the game is already there.

One thing I like about Frank is all of these weaknesses are technical, so they can definitely be fixed for a 19 year old in an offseason or two. While his feel for the game is already there.

This right here.

His instincts and IQ are already there.

Back
Top Bottom