OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

This is probably really dumb but why is the US women's team so good when soccer clearly isn't our sport?

This is probably really dumb but why is the US women's team so good when soccer clearly isn't our sport?

Actually, I think you can argue that it is now the premiere sport for US women. There's no football drawing the best women athletes away from soccer like with men. So, if you're not really tall, soccer is the sport.

Yeah Soccer gets the best female athletes in the US whereas football gets the best men. If American football didn't exist, the US would consistently be on top in both soccer and rugby

:wow: at that #11 on Colombia, she had what, 3 great FK's and scored 2 of them?

That one off the crossbar was mighty impressive, from distance too

Hope Solo playing like she's wearing a mosquito mask on her face :smh:

Can't stand this broad.

solo a scumbag. Wonder if her husband is in rio causing trouble somewhere.

US Women's Gymnastics team out here looking like The Avengers.

Russia shooting 12 year olds with HGH as we speak for 2020.

A little surprised they're going with phelps on the anchor or the relay..

But I guess they want to give him as much recovery time as possible after the 200 fly

Solid by dressel and Adrian right there..

Hoping the 3 guys from bolles can make it in the final, 1 should be in after that

From the caribbean.. We got a ton of fast/quick people.. Growing up everyone runs even if they don't really train for it and then they take the best couple to run for the schools.. So we get a lot of people the sports available down here

But because people don't real train for track unless they are with a track club, a ton of people have terrible form.. More concerned about just turnover than anything else, which was my issue.. But once I cut down on wasted movement, learned to actually lift my knees and extend on my stride (I should say develop any sort of stride) and power through I switched up to the 100 and 200

But down here, you end up getting thrown in a ton of sports if you're athletic and your friends are doing it.. Like I sucked at baseball and did that too, I could field pretty good but I couldn't bat for my life

I didn't have the build whatsoever for swimming though, I'm just under 5'10.. Wish I had tried soccer given what I was good at.. Or actually focused more on baeball

Last edited:
I hope they let ledecky swim on the women's medley relay so she can get 5 gold medals (and 1 silver)

Cause she's going win the 800 free big.. And the US will win the women's 4x200 free relay.. After the 100 back, breast and fly the US women should win the medley sorta easily

Last edited:
Ledecky is crazy talented bruh 
sick.gif

This Phelps vs Le Clos rematch got me the butterflies 
laugh.gif

Isn't this his 4th olympics? How is this guy still beasting on everybody?

Back
Top Bottom