OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

No thing..

But injuries and poor decisions killed her

Probably shouldnt have gone to college and should have turned pro early like phelps.. But even still the benefit of college should have been working on her biggest weaknesses because of how important they are in that format

But her college coach didn't even really have her swimming her best events, 100 and 200 back

Even though phelps went pro early, when his coach took over at a college gig (michagen in the past and then Arizona state recently), phelps went with him

She's regressed in everything.. She has the 200 back word record, but that don't mean ish cause she won't be anywhere near it.. Let alone the medals

While I say all of that negatively about missy going to college at cal.. I actually think it could be a great move for ledecky going to Stanford

She'll be training with sprinters currently on the US women's team (so she can work on her speed work against world class talent).. She can improve her turns because the distance events in college (short course yards) have a crap load of turns so you better be good at them

good stuff, man. do you swim yourself? seems like you follow the sport pretty closely, regardless. appreciate the info

^ I swam growing up.. Represented my country.. And pretty much the reason I ended up at my high school stateside (bolles)

Grew to hate it though.. I was pretty decent at track, so would swim high school season then switch off to track the following semester.. Then just switched to football/track my last 2 years of high school

I actually do it recreationally now for a workout.. But was burnt out when I was young and needed anything different

Lia Neal and Simone Manuel are the girls I'm talking about that ledecky will be at Stanford with

that's pretty awesome. swimming always one thing i never really got good at. i stay on that dog paddle steez :lol:

Ohh dude I am all in on the Olympics. I watch all results all day and just watch the events at night. Even If I know what happen, I still enjoy it. I enjoy these broads even more hahaha!!!!

that's pretty awesome. swimming always one thing i never really got good at. i stay on that dog paddle steez :lol:

To be honest it made other sports easier because the lung capacity you build up.. And you don't fully appreciate the training you're really putting in

Only issue was trying to gain any sort of weight whatsoever.. Had to force feed myself and hope on creatine and weight gainer when I started playing football to get above 150

But body weight stuff and running up and down, could do for days.. During the week, would have 5 hours training in the pool between morning and afternoon practice, hour or so of dryland.. Then would go play full court basketball for an hour or two after study hall

Last edited:
:lol: @ this South African dude trying to stare down Phelps

don't take the bait, Mike!

Last edited:

The difference between people who really know how to swim and people who swim to not drown is vast. You really appreciate it when you see people from those two groups in the same pool. A couple of my buddies in college were on the swim team. Went to the rec center pool with them once. They just efficiently glide through the water, while most everyone else, including me, is splashing up a storm, using a whole bunch of energy to get anywhere.

^ yea.. I try to explain to people everytime I'm at the pool simple things that they are doing that is killing whatever energy they have

Like most people try to power/throw their arms forward when swimming freestyle (which you should only really be doing in an all out sprint).. Instead of just nice and relaxed and focusing on the part of the stroke that is actually moving you forward (the pull under the water)

Also hand entry and pulling through to the feet are major issues (so getting a full extension forward and then your hand coming all the way down to your side).. Then body rotation (reduction of drag with shoulders) and body position.. And then head position and keeping it still unless you're breathing

Also kicking is a major issue.. Most people will kick from the knees and thinking big is in any way good.. It's a subtle motion with the full use of your legs, also you don't want your feet too much out of the water.. So you want to avoid a big scissor motion

And that's just freestyle

You don't see kromowidjojo having any shot in defending her sprint titles against Campbell sisters and sjostrom?

These 2 pics are extra legit:

CpYmCFeVYAAc-B3.jpg:large

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Buddy gotta be dumb af, though, shadowboxing right in front of freaking Michael Phelps.

Cape.

Superman.

Don't tug.

^ you don't poke the bear.. Pretty sure the only reason phelps is swimming the 2 fly is cause dude ran his mouth (and continued talking)
https://swimswam.com/chad-le-clos-phelps-can-keep-quiet-now/

You don't see kromowidjojo having any shot in defending her sprint titles against Campbell sisters and sjostrom?

Who knows with the Australians right know..

While cate did have the fastest split of anyone in the women's relay on the first night, she should have been a lot faster with a rolling start based on her WR just recently (her WR is 52.06 and she split 51.97)

Ditto mcevoy, who had the 2nd fastest split.. But came in as the heavy favorite based on his time from their trials which had him way ahead of everyone else in the 100 (he was 47.04 flat start.. Rolling start should give you at least half a second, he was 47.00 on the relay).. And Adrian had a faster split, which should be concerning considering he had Adrian by over half a second coming in on the flat starts (Adrian was 47.72 at the US trials)

Larkin was the favorite in the men's 100 and 200 back.. and seebohm was the favorite in those events on the women's side

Horton won the 4 free though

I think she has a shot, but I can't see it in the 100.. Cate (53.06) is that much fast then the next girl (bronte 52.58) then sjostorm (52.78).. She has a over a second on kromowidjojo (53.14)

In the 50 cate is the only girl under 24.. But she might be able to do it here, if cate is off.. But there are couple girls after cate who could move up if she's off

Last edited:
Phelps gonna decapitate homie after he smashes him in the water.

Pure hate in his eyes. :lol:

A little late, but Lilly King a real one 
pimp.gif

Can't wait for this Le Clos v Phelps. I hope Phelps just smashes dude.

Simone Biles is a beast. She is gonna run away with the all-around. I think it's stupid that only two athletes per country can move on to the all-around, but i'm glad Aly will get a shot at the podium again.

man.. nathan adrian cut that 100 free prelim wayyyyyy too close, qualified 16th (last spot, by .03).. would have been a blow for the US, he's got a strong chance for gold

good to see all of the guys from my high school make it through to the semis (caeleb dressel, joseph schooling and santo condorelli)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom