OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Is it safe to say that Michael Phelps has dominated his sport like no other athlete in any other sport has been able to do?

I think it is.
I think Simone Biles can make a case for this statement. Everyone already calling her the Goat before her first Olympics 
laugh.gif

Three time World all-around champion. First to win three in row. (2013-15)

Four time National Champion. (2013-2016)

Three time world floor champion. (2013-2015)

Two time balance beam champion. (14, 15)

"The most decorated American female gymnast in World Championships history, with a total of fourteen medals, ten of them gold. With ten gold medals, Biles also holds the record for most gold medals won by a female gymnast in the history of the World Championships."

I've heard people even say that she being the Michael Jordan of gymnastics is complete understatement
laugh.gif

Really appreciate IATT IATT in here dropping knowledge.

Makes the Olympic swimming experience even better having some info on things we otherwise wouldn't know.

Salute my guy. :pimp:

Had to learn a thing or two after all the years..

I finally caught why all the swimming coaches I had at various levels would always get so frustrated with me when I started running track and playing football but especially playing football because we would review game film with our position groups or with the whole offense or defense

Obviously there are a lot of overlapping principals about technique.. Using power and energy constructively.. And just stuff that flat out hinders what you're actually trying to get accomplished

When talking about Olympic events, there's a GROSS contradiction in 'greatest ever' and 'before first Olympics'.

Phelps isn't just considered the GOAT because of what he has accomplished in between the big stage every 4 years, but because of what he has done on the greatest stage... 4 times.

And I'm not knocking Simone at ALL.

Just keeping perspective that saying she is dominating her sport like Phelps... who has dominated on THE GRANDEST STAGE and came away with 21 golds/25 overall, that entirely different than a resume of accomplishments that take place on stages beneath the grandest stage. Even 'right below' the grand stage is not as high as the grand stage.

He's considered the GOAT because of what he has done in the Olympics, not in Worlds or qualifying.

When talking about Olympic events, there's a GROSS contradiction in 'greatest ever' and 'before first Olympics'.

Phelps isn't just considered the GOAT because of what he has accomplished in between the big stage every 4 years, but because of what he has done on the greatest stage... 4 times.

And I'm not knocking Simone at ALL.

Just keeping perspective that saying she is dominating her sport like Phelps... who has dominated on THE GRANDEST STAGE and came away with 21 golds/25 overall, that entirely different than a resume of accomplishments that take place on stages beneath the grandest stage. Even 'right below' the grand stage is not as high as the grand stage.

He's considered the GOAT because of what he has done in the Olympics, not in Worlds or qualifying.
I feel you fam I wasn't trying to knock down my homie Phelps at all 
laugh.gif
 No doubt he's the GOAT, the great Olympian ever.

I guess I was just trying to say that Simone is the greatest in her sport like no one had ever seen before 
laugh.gif

No doubt, Simone is on her way to possibly be spoken of like Phelps, but she's got a looootttttttaaaa ground to go before that can seriously be a thing.

Like you first said, this is her FIRST Games. This is his 5th. She doesn't have the opportunity to top his medals count, but if she kills it in 2020 and again in 2024 and AGAIN in 2028, then yeah, we can say, "Man, this is dominance like we saw in Phelps from 04-16!", but that's a LOOOONG ways from happening.

No knock on Simone when I say that.

What is the age limit supposed to be?

Cause whatever it is, some thes girls can't be more than 11

I love seeing the medal awards when Star Spangled Banner plays. Always chills. I know my country has immense problems, but I can't help being a very proud American.
I'm not gonna lie, whenever I hear the anthem at the Olympics/medal ceremony (or really any sporting event) it hits me right in the feels.

Sometimes things come out of my eyes TBH.

I'm not gonna lie, whenever I hear the anthem at the Olympics/medal ceremony (or really any sporting event) it hits me right in the feels.

Sometimes things come out of my eyes TBH.

Me too, brother. Me too. Tried to rep you, but I'm out for today.

Spoiler alerts pls

not srs
Crap.

I know you were kidding, but that's totally my bad, folks.

Eff, eff, eff.

I don't really know what happens in the 4x200m relay. I just heard... that... maybe... I was just saying... that I think... see what had happened was...

Spoiler alerts pls

not srs
Crap.

I know you were kidding, but that's totally my bad, folks.

Eff, eff, eff.

I don't really know what happens in the 4x200m relay. I just heard... that... maybe... I was just saying... that I think... see what had happened was...

:lol: it's all good man. i had assumed that what you "heard" happened anyway :lol:

Last edited:
Haas really swam a great second leg here. looking like it's going to be a huge dub :lol:

Last edited:
They showed the race again and he was constantly glimpsing over at Phelps. It's like dude just focus 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom