OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

^^^^ Pretty much. Think about it... 20 gold medals, when people dream or work their whole life for just any medal. Amazing!!!!!

View media item 2128404
snapshot_20160809_223024.jpg

I feel you le Clos

Phelps GOAT

Last edited:
Is it safe to say that Michael Phelps has dominated his sport like no other athlete in any other sport has been able to do?

I think it is.

Made an Olympic final at 15.. Amazing that a kid could even make the US team at that age (you see it with girls.. But it's unheard for guys)

Only person to 3 peat an event, and did it in 2 events.. And has a chance to 4 peat both

8 golds in a single Olympics.. Multiple golds and medals in 4 Olympic Games

Had the WR or AR in the following events: 100 & 200 fly, 200 & 400 IM, 100 & 200 free

And could make the Olympic finals in: 200 back, 200 breast and probably the 400 free (considering his 200 free and 400 IM, I think he could have challenged for gold in that.. And challenged for a medal in 200 back, but not gold so he dropped it)

50 free is the only event I don't think he could make an Olympic final in

Last edited:
I haven't even seen what events the blonde girl on the team does. Must suck for gabby that she's old news and Simone is getting all the shine.

I haven't even seen what events the blonde girl on the team does. Must suck for gabby that she's old news and Simone is getting all the shine.

She does the uneven bars, she killed it in qualifying and the finals.

Gabby can't really be that mad, she's never been close to the level that Simone is at nor has anyone else.

Made an Olympic final at 15.. Amazing that a kid could even make the US team at that age (you see it with girls.. But it's unheard for guys)

Only person to 3 peat an event, and did it in 2 events.. And has a chance to 4 peat both

8 golds in a single Olympics.. Multiple golds and medals in 4 Olympic Games

Had the WR or AR in the following events: 100 & 200 fly, 200 & 400 IM, 100 & 200 free

And could make the Olympic finals in: 200 back, 200 breast and probably the 400 free (considering his 200 free and 400 IM, I think he could have challenged for gold in that.. And challenged for a medal in 200 back, but not gold so he dropped it)

50 free is the only event I don't think he could make an Olympic final in

People probably don't realize that Phelps is is the oldest individual gold medalist in Olympic swimming history at 31. Heck he came out of the retirement. Incredible

Back
Top Bottom