OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

He'll just have to be happy about beating phelps in London. That's all he has now.

Phelps needs to seal the deal with the 100 fly and 200 IM

Those are the 2 events where he can 4 peat

Who are his main competition in those two?

I'm guessing Not Even Clos swims the 100 too?

In the 2 IM, that's lochte's only individual event.. Then there is hagino from Japan who won the 400 IM..

But only phelps and lochte have been under 1:55 and lochte hasn't done it in a bit.. While phelps has done it within the last year

The 100 fly will be tight between phelps and couple other people.. Le clos, cseh, Joseph schooling, shields from the US and maybe someone else comes out of no where

Will be a really good race.. But this is where his age will help him, the added strength is huge in the 100 fly (and sprints in general).. His split on the 100 free relay was his fastest ever

Last edited:
This dude was just on the podium then had to go out and compete again. This is why I love the Olympics man, this **** never ceases to amaze me 
laugh.gif

They need to focus less on Phelps momma and more on his baby momma

His momma has had her face shown so much over the last 4 Olympics that if you showed me a picture of her I bet I could identify her lol. She's a pool celebrity.

This dude was just on the podium then had to go out and compete again. This is why I love the Olympics man, this **** never ceases to amaze me :lol:

I think he got a closer turnaround in 2 nights.. Got the final of the 200 IM, then the semifinal of the 100 fly

I think he got a closer turnaround in 2 nights.. Got the final of the 200 IM, then the semifinal of the 100 fly

Probably will be easier since the 100 is basically a sprint instead of doing back to back 200.

The 100 fly is going be like the 100 free, where you gotta be really really REALLY fast to get into the final (a lot faster than in previous games).. But he'll be coming off that final with a shorter time period

I don't think it will be as bad as the 100 free to get into the semis

But the big difference with tonight, the US knew going in no other team could put together the 4 solid legs of the relay to even keep it close.. So phelps could kinda ease of the first 100-150 to conserve some energy to close strong.. He didn't really have to press in that 2 free

They need to focus less on Phelps momma and more on his baby momma

Someone needs to push his mom and hosszu's douche husband into the pool after people have peed in it. Both of them are so extra during every final event.

Congratulations to @MichaelPhelps on winning the 200m Butterfly and his 20th Olympic Gold Medal! #Rio2016
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) August 10, 2016
Congratulations to @katieledecky on winning the 200m Freestyle and her 2nd Gold Medal at #Rio2016!
Great to see Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, DeAndre Jordan and @usabasketball support Michael Phelps & @USASwimming! #Rio2016
Congratulations to @USAGym Women's Team on winning Gold in the team competition! #FinalFive #Rio2016
The @USAGym Women's team dominated, showing everyone that they are the BEST in the world! #FinalFive #Rio2016
Congratulations to @USASwimming Men's 4x200m Freestyle team on winning the Gold Medal and @MichaelPhelps on his 21st Gold Medal! #Rio2016
All I can say about @MichaelPhelps is...G.O.A.T. #Rio2016

Is it safe to say that Michael Phelps has dominated his sport like no other athlete in any other sport has been able to do?

I think it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom