OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

hold up...he still has 3 more races?!? so he's likely adding to his medal count? good lord

Heavy heavy favorite in the medley really (gold medalist on backstroke, silver medalist on breast.. Probably phelps on fly.. And Adrian had fastest split of everyone on the 100 free relay)

200 IM solid favorite

100 fly favorite, but no where near the other two.. He gotta really fight for this

gymnastics scoring baffles me
laugh.gif
Because it's judging.

All events that go by judging baffle me.

I prefer my scores to be objective. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Catching everything on my DVR. Phelps, man. That man is unreal
Lochte looking like Jorge Ramos with that hair :rofl:

Last edited:
As much as the stuff that those athletes are doing amazes the bejesus out of me and there is no way in hell I could even dream of doing 99% of it..

I hate sports that are judged where the biases of the individual can get involved

Winning ugly is one of the purest things about sports.. Sure you may have screwed up but you were able to win, which is all that matters

yeah i hear you. relying on judges and impartiality is tough to stomach sometimes. always prefer it more cut and dry

^ when I see the stuff those girls are trying and doing and the slightest things their losing points for.. Blows my mind

Yo.. Just looked up the scheduled for phelps..

So tonight I think he had about 70-80 mins from the finish of the 200 fly and then swimming the anchor leg of the relay

Between those were: 2 semis for the women's 200 fly.. Then 2 semis for the men's 200 breast.. Final of women's 2IM.. And medal ceremonies for 2 events

On Thursday, he'll have the 200 IM final.. And then the women's 100 free final.. And the medal ceremonies for the 2

Then the 100 fly semis are last

Here is the schedule, if anyone wants it:
https://swimswam.com/swimming-at-the-2016-olympic-games-the-complete-schedule/

Last edited:
I'm glad to be able to watch Phelps dominate a sport like this, 10x better that he represents the red/white/blue!

They all have a distinguished style and approach.

Aly just glides effortlessly, Simone is like a controlled explosion and Laurie has this youthful energy like she's having the time of her life. It's dope and I didn't really appreciate this gymnastics routine in the past.

congrats to Phelps. love the "O" during the anthem. that must be what it feels like to be on top of the world.

As a fan it was so much easier when it was out of 10

I get the change but made it harder on viewers

Yeah, I can't just see a gymnastics score and know how good or bad it is. I'm completely dependent on the announcers and gymnast's reaction to clue me in.

As much as the stuff that those athletes are doing amazes the bejesus out of me and there is no way in hell I could even dream of doing 99% of it..

I hate sports that are judged where the biases of the individual can get involved

Winning ugly is one of the purest things about sports.. Sure you may have screwed up but you were able to win, which is all that matters
Exactly.

Like Phelps' individual gold yesterday in the 200m butterfly, he barely won gold. So imagine he finishes the race in the time he did and 2nd place finished with the time he did (someone from China, I believe)... and then the judges give Phelps a couple deductions for his final 2 turns, which were pretty rough.

Last edited:
Melo
Phelps
Angel Mcoughtry
Chase Chalisz

Baltimore out here shining. Then you throw KD and Katie Ledecky in the mix for the state of MD....

We outchea :pimp:

Melo
Phelps
Angel Mcoughtry
Chase Chalisz

Baltimore out here shining. Then you throw KD and Katie Ledecky in the mix for the state of MD....

We outchea :pimp:

124, or 22% of all US Olympians are from Cali. :pimp:

2nd place is Florida with 39.

Last edited:
man.. the mighty really have fallen.. missy (like lochte yesterday) has to swim on the prelims of the 4 x 200 free in order to earn a spot on the final team

- they're resting ledecky and the other girl who is swimming the 400 and 800 frees (leah smith).. which is smart, because like the 400 both can medal in the 800 (ledecky will obviously win gold)

and not that it mattered considering how much the US won by, but the relay could have been faster.. jack conger (haas' texas teammate) had a faster split than lochte on the prelims relay and also beat lochte in the individual event at the US trials

- lochte also had a slower split in the final, than he did in the morning

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom