Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I didn't count every punch of the fight and this is probably a dumb question, but does compubox count feints and punches that are partially blocked? I have a hard time believing Kovalev missed that much and even if Ward caught some punches with his hand, I bet they still hurt.

Compubox is really annoying because people take it as gospel - when it's literally just some dude counting punches. Not science.

So many punches are partially blocked or dodged by a hair that it's impossible to really get it right.

I didn't count every punch of the fight and this is probably a dumb question, but does compubox count feints and punches that are partially blocked? I have a hard time believing Kovalev missed that much and even if Ward caught some punches with his hand, I bet they still hurt.

Compubox is really annoying because people take it as gospel - when it's literally just some dude counting punches. Not science.

So many punches are partially blocked or dodged by a hair that it's impossible to really get it right.

Should connect % be a scoring criteria? This isn't gymnastics or synchronized swimming. It should come down to who lands the most and does the most damage IMO.

Should connect % be a scoring criteria? This isn't gymnastics or synchronized swimming. It should come down to who lands the most and does the most damage IMO.

Accuracy is measured and valued in some capacity in damn near every sport I can think of.

You're a terrible businessman for damn sure.

You think Mayweather is gonna turn down 7-8 figures all because he doesn't want his opponent to make money too?

:lol: Like I said, financially, McGregor at 27 >>> Mayweather at 27

Hard to grasp huh.
We can also say that financially Broner at 27> Mayweather at 27 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. I'm a Conor fan but I'm not a Conor slurper where I'll brag about Conor getting Adrian Broner $$ at 27.

Even if Mcgregor and Floyd fight the UFC will take 95% of Connor's take.

Cmon K Kaleo15 :lol:
Ain't NO WAY the UFC is gonna let Connor make money like mayweather. Connor can ***** and moan that he wants a stake in the company and wants xx million dollars per fight, UFC isn't gonna budge much. They'll throw a lil extra money at him, but that's as far as it goes

His contract is up

Where are you getting this information? Sincerely asking because this is the first time I'm hearing this.

He signed a new deal after he beat Aldo. That was a 3 fight deal?

Ain't NO WAY the UFC is gonna let Connor make money like mayweather. Connor can ***** and moan that he wants a stake in the company and wants xx million dollars per fight, UFC isn't gonna budge much. They'll throw a lil extra money at him, but that's as far as it goes

His contract is up

Where are you getting this information? Sincerely asking because this is the first time I'm hearing this.

They were talking about it in his prefight interview before Nate Diaz.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ntract-is-worth-per-fight/59499?client=safari

According to reports, his contract is PER fight.

Accuracy is measured and valued in some capacity in damn near every sport I can think of.

Of course accuracy matters to some degree. However, I do not agree with the way some scored the Ward-Kovalev fight. Kovalev was being overly criticized for his connect percentage, which I think the compubox stats are questionable. If I just read some of these comments and didn't watch the fight, I would think Kovalev was missing wildly.

You're a terrible businessman for damn sure.

You think Mayweather is gonna turn down 7-8 figures all because he doesn't want his opponent to make money too?

:lol: Like I said, financially, McGregor at 27 >>> Mayweather at 27

Hard to grasp huh.
We can also say that financially Broner at 27> Mayweather at 27 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. I'm a Conor fan but I'm not a Conor slurper where I'll brag about Conor getting Adrian Broner $$ at 27.

Bruh yeah right...

Broner never took over Boxing like McGregor did in the UFC.

McGregor holds like the Top 3 PPV and Live Gate records, which was also his last 3 fights!

Broner's biggest purse was when he fought Maidana, dude made like $1.5M :lol:

Nate Diaz made more money than him just by fighting Conor :lol:

Your "about billions" boy lost his chance at his biggest payday by rejecting PAC.

Last edited:
What is your prediction as far as the outcome of this fight?

Gonna bet the house on Thurman lol. I think if Thurman wants to take a page out of Petersons book he can make it an easy night by using his feet and out boxing the slow footed Danny. I think Danny's best shot to win is to force Thurman to exchange. That's when Danny needs to take advantage and try to land 1 of his hooks or a body shot to put Thurman down. Ultimately though, I don't think Danny's power has really translated all the way to 147 so his power won't be anything Thurman hasn't felt before. It should be an entertaining fight, def. looking forward to the build up and seeing what Thurman and Angel Garcia have to say to each other [emoji]128514[/emoji]

His contract is up

They were talking about it in his prefight interview before Nate Diaz.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...ntract-is-worth-per-fight/59499?client=safari

According to reports, his contract is PER fight.

That article says his new deal kicked in after Aldo and that it could last 5-6 fights. He's only 3 fights in.

I believe he's still under contract. I don't think it's up yet.

If he wasn't under contract he could sign to do a boxing match tomorrow but that's not happening. Pretty sure he's still on that same deal. Conor being a free agent would be major news.

Last edited:

That falls under the "effective aggressiveness" criteria.

If damage wasn't a important scoring criteria we wouldn't give 10-8 RDs for knockdowns and RDs for which you thoroughly dominate your opponent but he manages to stay on his feet. 

McTapper 
laugh.gif

I thot roy said he was done this time? These dudes dont know when to stop man, it aint even about to money wit roy smh.

This dude trying to fight until he can't even commentate anymore.

mean.gif
If he doesn't chill soon they are going to replace his *** with B Hop. 
 Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  2h2 hours ago
Francisco Vargas @elbandido130 vs. Miguel Berchelt and Takashi Miura vs. Mickey Roman HBO BAD doubleheader Jan. 28 @FantasySprings
 Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  22h22 hours ago
Frampton says he has a rematch clause that would force @leosantacruz2 to fight him a third time should Frampton lose.

You remember guys for who they were during their prime, but this **** is tarnishing his legacy a bit. 

Speculation on my part, but I think part of the reason he keeps doing this is because of getting robbed in the Olympics. He brings it up from time to time and I think he feels the need to prove himself to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom