Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Hbo does ride crawford hard tho.

Same as when floyd was on hbo.

But because they didnt use a certain word dudes are trippin?

Maybe im lookin at it all wrong or misinformed or aint wit the skin color BS.

But hbo rides hard then a mf for any legit fighter they have regardless of race.

Rigo must be hatin, his *** should be more active instead of Bein a keyboard warrior while he himself aint doin **** but losin his belts for not fighting. Salty *** mf'er.

Last edited:
:stoneface: Grow up Rigo. Seems like guys like him love putting other athletes down that aren't black.

Mayweather did it to Pacquiao and Jeremy Lin. He's doing it to Lomachenko.

Man, I even remember a lot of my black friends saying China was cheating in 2008 Olympics.

I asked why, and they said "because they Asian, no way they should be beating us"

I was like "Huh, who's 'us'?"

Last edited:
:stoneface: Grow up Rigo. Seems like guys like him love putting other athletes down that aren't black.

Mayweather did it to Pacquiao and Jeremy Lin. He's doing it to Lomachenko.

Man, I even remember a lot of my black friends saying China was cheating in 2008 Olympics.

I asked why, and they said "because they Asian, no way they should be beating us"

I was like "Huh, who's 'us'?"

ironically, it seems like you put down every black fighter :lol:

:lol: Yeah okay buddy.

He's doing exactly what you did a couple pages back. Bit the racebait!

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Rigondeaux has all the skills but honestly, no want wants to see him fight. Everyone tuned in for Mayweather fights because he sold the fight, not his skills, he did. He had the character, trash talk, money flaunting image people wanted to see or at least see him lose. I can't remember which fight it was recently but I remember Arum saying he's taking another chance on putting Rigondeaux on a HBO card. Rigo had every opportunity to finish the guy but he kept backing up and countering to a decision. Boxing fans want to see a finish if there's blood in the water, as do the casual fans. The language barrier is against him as well. Great fighter, just doesn't have the total package to put him over the top.

Sadly it looks like Rigo is trying to follow the playbook by using twitter to drum up attention.

Instead of actually fighting.

3 of his last 4 fights ended in TKOs. The defense, accuracy and power are awesome to watch. The Rigo hate is way overblown. It's incredible how he's viewed in the boxing world especially from supposed die hards.

I'd love to see him and Lomachenko fight. I'm not sure what happened the first time around. There's always 2 sides to these stories. Not just Lomachenko's handler's side.

But damn, the guy has only fought once this year. Once last year. He ain't doing himself any favors.

Or is it really that hard for him to get a fight these days?

I'd love to see Rigo/Loma, but it ain't happening.  Lomachenko is talking about moving up to 135 to be the first boxer to win world titles in 3 divisions in 10 fights or less, no way he wants to cut down.

Rigondeaux's?

That's his IG handle as well and he's posting some of the tweets on there.

This one could be real. I just remember there being a fake Rigodeaux profile saying off the wall **** a while back. So I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I'd love to see him and Lomachenko fight. I'm not sure what happened the first time around. There's always 2 sides to these stories. Not just Lomachenko's handler's side.

But damn, the guy has only fought once this year. Once last year. He ain't doing himself any favors.

Or is it really that hard for him to get a fight these days?
He's been blackballed from HBO, the only way he ends up on US TV if he fights on a RN PPV UC. 

Not signing with Al was incredibly stupid on his part. 

They opened the odds for the Ward-Kovalev rematch and they're about the same as the last time. I would've guessed that Ward should be a bigger favorite.

The fans saw what we all saw. Krusher won, it actually surprises me that Kov ain't the favorite this time.

Keep telling yourself that. You know what it will change?

Absolutely nothing.

The way some of y'all hold on to **** like this is crazy :lol:

Last edited:
You're the one that felt the need to respond to my statement :lol:

Know what will change in the rematch? Wards "unanimous" decision. :smokin

What I think doesn't matter. But in case you're wondering, people absolutely do believe that. I didn't score round by round but I wasn't really shocked by the decision either.

My only issue is this narrative that it was anything BUT a close fight that could have gone either way.

What I've seen is a wide range of scores with people not even in agreement on all the rounds. That's what a close fight is.

All this crying weeks later about what people "saw" when no one really saw the same thing is lame IMO.

And as I've said, takes away from what otherwise a great fight. That seems to get lost in all this talk about who should have "won" which is a shame. I'm a boxing fan. I appreciate the craft.

Dudes in the press and on socials ************ but Kovalev and Ward got the fight done and left it in the ring. And we got a great fight. For that I have nothing but appreciation. No complaining.

You're the one that felt the need to respond to my statement :lol:

I have a hard time letting foolishness go unchecked.

Because it can travel pretty quickly if it's not.

We've all seen that pretty clearly recently.

It's a shame the Loma/Walters fight didn't allow some people to move on with their lives :lol:

I have high hopes for JRock/Charlo though :smokin

Bud should wash Molina.

Last edited:
My only issue is this narrative that it was anything BUT a close fight that could have gone either way.

What I've seen is a wide range of scores with people not even in agreement on all the rounds. That's what a close fight is.

All this crying weeks later about what people "saw" when no one really saw the same thing is lame IMO.

Yup. All this crying still going on is crazy to me. There's people talking online as if Kovalev beat Ward's *** from pillar to post the whole night, jesus christ. Cut it out. Too many swing rounds and too close of a match to be on that bull****

I really hope they run it back though and if possible find a neutral site. Unfortunate that they only got 190k buys on the ppv, but hopefully they can find a way to get them back in the ring together. I'm looking forward to a rematch way more than the first fight now

Gennady Golovkin’s promoter said Monday that “talks are continuing” for a mandatory middleweight title fight against Daniel Jacobs and there’s “a positive outlook” to striking a deal by early next month.

Tom Loeffler said he’s planning a discussion this week with Jacobs’ manager Al Haymon after an extended talk between the pair last week.

Although Loeffler declined to discuss further details of the talks, boxing officials aware of the negotiations said a March 18 HBO bout at Madison Square Garden in New York is being eyed.

Another boxing official told the Los Angeles Times that a super-flyweight title rematch between champion Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez and former champion Carlos Cuadras of Mexico is positioned to be added as a co-main event to Golovkin-Jacobs.
March? 
mean.gif

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...-daniel-jacobs-andre-ward-20161128-story.html

Brandon Rios is fighting Victor Ortiz 2/4 in LA. 

Back
Top Bottom