Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Rigo is Cuban though :lol: Who made that? And who's "they"?

What does him being Cuban have to do w/ it? His skin is still black :lol:. You should get the point of the pic

Nah, sounds like you're a victim of race baiting.

There are a lot of BLACK fighters that "they" find exciting and entertaining.

There are also a lot of NON-BLACK fighters that are defensive minded fighters that "they" consider boring.

This goes for MMA/UFC too. Casual fans rather see a knockout over a submission.

Rigondeaux and Sweet Pea are way more entertaining than Mayweather and Ward though. I'm kind of surprised that they put Sweet Pea instead of Lara.

The meme disregards that Lomachenko is aggressively offensive while maintaining good defense, stylistically deferent than a strictly defensive boxer.

On average? I don't know about that one. When pushed Rigo is more exciting, but mainly because he has serious power for his class and he's vulnerable because of his chin, which you can't really fault Floyd or Ward for not being natural punchers and/or not getting dropped alot. But if he fights a guy that can't push him his fights are pure trash. If Floyd or Ward fought in any of their fights the way Rigo fought against Drian Francisco people would lose their ******* minds, that mighta been one of the absolute worst performances I've seen from a P4P dude ever. EVER.

Also I've never thought Ward was boring or even comparable to a guy like Rigo except when he fought that string of bums after Dawson.

And yeah like somebody said PBF Floyd was great to watch, and even the DLH, Hatton, Cotto and Ortiz (for as long as it lasted) fights were good in his later years.

But to the original point, Loma is too offensively aggressive to be called a "defensive" fighter so he shouldn't be in that meme in the first place.

Rigo is Cuban though :lol: Who made that? And who's "they"?

What does him being Cuban have to do w/ it? His skin is still black :lol:. You should get the point of the pic

Nah, sounds like you're a victim of race baiting.

There are a lot of BLACK fighters that "they" find exciting and entertaining.

There are also a lot of NON-BLACK fighters that are defensive minded fighters that "they" consider boring.

This goes for MMA/UFC too. Casual fans rather see a knockout over a submission.

Who said I agreed w/ it? I'm just saying don't play dumb lol. You know what the pic meant. Even if you don't agree w/ it

How am I playing dumb? :lol: isn't that why I asked who made the pic?

Let's just throw a bunch of dark skin fighters in a pic, and one light skin fighter and watch the shenanigans unfold.

Which is what YOU exactly did. You bit the bait! Because this is not a black vs. white thing like YOU want it to be.

This is common sense. Casuals and MOST fans would rather see someone get knocked out than a chess match.

Last edited:
I have no idea who actually made it beyond the folks behind the boxing_memes Instagram account.

blackcease blackcease , I can agree with you on Rigondeaux. I feel he's more exciting than other defensive boxers because he has stopping power. Whereas a lot of the other dudes just don't have that kind of power.

I like Tevin Farmer, but idk if he's ready for Loma yet. Great story how he reinvented his career though.

That matchup isn't getting made anytime soon but Farmer looks like he might be hitting is stride.

And as dynamic as Lomachenko has been looking, I can't see too many others that can match up to him in that category.

Anyone who thinks sweet p was boring shoot yourself. His fights were the epitome of flash and defense.

Guys won't let money may be man.

Loma is a bad boy let's not do this so petty and stupid to make this a race thing

Walter's is getting ripped to shreds. He should've said he broke his hand or do something to get DQ'd in the next round to save the embarrassment.

Last edited:
Walter's is getting ripped to shreds. He should've said he broke his hand or do something to get DQ'd in the next round to save the embarrassment.

Would've been worse if it was found out that his hand wasn't broken & he lied. He put himself in a lose-lose situation.

In the Twittersphere, the name Guillermo Rigondeaux was floated. He and Loma had been paired by amateur matchmakers for a spell, and negotiating had occurred last year which brought that closer to fruition. I poked Rigo, the Cuban cutie, and asked him what he thought of Lomachenko-Walters and if that near fruition coupling could reach end stage.

“Loma is a very good fighter no question,” Rigo told me. “It is not for nothing we both have two gold medals.

“I am happy that Top Rank took such an interest on him. Too bad we are so far apart now on weight class. I think it would have been a great match between us at top 126. As far as Walters goes he quit, plain and simple.”

Now, Loma made 126 a year ago. One wonders, could he, would he revisit that territory if the right opportunity arose? I posed that to Loma handled Egis Klimas, odds on favorite for 2016 manager of the year when BWAA voting occurs next month.  What’s likely to be next for Loma?

“Possible rematch with Salido,” said the dealmaker, who also works for and with 175 master Sergey Kovalev. “As well, looking to move to 135 pounds, and to fight for the title to become first ever three times world champion with the ten or less professional bouts…but definitely not going to 126 pounds to chase Rigo. We offered him a few times to fight when he had a chance. Right now he is not in our interest any more. He has no name or recognition. He did not move to 126 while Loma was in that weight class. Now, when Loma moved to 130, he wants to come to 126. Forget about him.”
http://www.everlast.com/teameverlas...c&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

I would love to be the manager of Loma and Kovalev. Who gives us the best chance at making money....thats who they will fight next. You don't have to tip toe around anyone with those two. They are both cold blooded savages in the ring. Step up...anyone can get it type fighters.

Kovalev callin ward son of judges :lol:

Dam man they really axin the ax man. Dat boy could have went out in a more honorable way instead of like a sucka.

Back
Top Bottom