Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

They had Ward winning by 1 round in a close fight. That doesn't classify as a robbery. If they had him winning by many rounds, then that's def. a robbery. Kovalev couldn't finish him when he had the chance. That's his fault.

kov won the first half, ward the second. kov was more dominant in his rds, but that really doesn't mean much.
considering what was on the line, you'd think it'd be a draw, but you sell the second fight better if ward was still undefeated

boxing is joke, lmaooooo **** rigged like a mfer...now I see why the russian fighters like to win purse bids and fight in their country...unanimous what?? Throwing powder all night..disgusting

Ward stole a lot of rounds with some cleaner punches and body work. Kov won round 1,2, and 11 for sure but most of the fight was super close.

kov won the first half, ward the second. kov was more dominant in his rds, but that really doesn't mean much.
considering what was on the line, you'd think it'd be a draw, but you sell the second fight better if ward was still undefeated

But when scoring boxing, what you did in rounds 1-4 doesn't give you an advantage in rounds 8-12. So while Kovalev won his rounds more impressively, Ward was able to just edge more rounds.

Ward pulled away after clearly losing the FIRST Half of the fight. But like they say, fights are won in the championship rounds. Ward managed to pull away in the 2nd half. Knock downs don't win fights. Could've went either way to me.

Absolutely not your boy ward got worked

boxing is joke, lmaooooo **** rigged like a mfer...now I see why the russian fighters like to win purse bids and fight in their country...unanimous what?? Throwing powder all night..disgusting

You sound too emotionally invested in this fight :lol:

Ward pulled away after clearly losing the FIRST Half of the fight. But like they say, fights are won in the championship rounds. Ward managed to pull away in the 2nd half. Knock downs don't win fights. Could've went either way to me.

That's not how I or the judges saw it. So yea. It was a close fight. To say either guy got worked just shows your bias in the fight :lol:

:lol: at dudes saying Kovalev didn't do enough to win.

He's the goddamn defending champion! Ward didn't do enough to to beat the Champion.

Therefore Krusher should've retained his belts.

American Judges. :lol:

Originally Posted by and1play5  

You sound too emotionally invested in this fight
laugh.gif
He right though. and I wanted Ward to win. 

Good fight. Hope they do it again. In Oakland 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
My main beef is the fact that even if Kovalev gets the rematch he's still the dog and the short man on the purse. He earned the bigger purse for the next fight by *winning* this fight, 115-112 at worst. 114-113 Ward means the judges scored the fight 7-5, plus the 2nd rd knockdown. And there is NO way Ward won 7 rds in that fight.

:lol: at dudes saying Kovalev didn't do enough to win.

He's the goddamn defending champion! Ward didn't do enough to to beat the Champion.

Therefore Krusher should've retained his belts.

American Judges. :lol:

that's what i'm saying. the champ usually gets the "edge" in a close fight, especially when titles are on the line
like i said earlier, had kov 7-5 as far as rounds.
it's just wrong that they are taking his hard earned titles from him in a "close" decision which some say you are the victor

Last edited:
It's hard for me to see how he was down 20-17 after 2 rounds and for him to win that many of the last 10

Ward doesn't want a rematch :lol:

I wouldn't go that far. I think they do it again and kovalev has more urgency in earlier rounds he had a chance to end it and took his foot off the gas
Ward stole a lot of rounds with some cleaner punches and body work. Kov won round 1,2, and 11 for sure but most of the fight was super close.
his body work and clean jabs probably put him over.

Every chance he got he dug to the body

Early in the fight but not later ward was fresher at the end but man kovalev put on a show as well. Probably the first time I haven't seen kovalev not cut the ring off

That's not how I or the judges saw it. So yea. It was a close fight. To say either guy got worked just shows your bias in the fight :lol:

My bias? No I just don't like when someone's work gets discredited like that. Majority say kov got robbed. If it looks like a duck.....

^ exactly... isnt that the whole point of being a champion? unless you dont get knocked down you win the fight if its a close fight... but since the fight was in the USA kovalev lost... why it couldnt be called a draw and be called for a rematch is beyond me...im glad ward won but if it was more convincing then id feel more at peace but he got gifted a win lets keep it real...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom